BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Best Protein Powder with no artificial sweetners

as I have been getting older (I'm 33 now) I am more cautious of what goes in my body. I have been reading about the nasty stuff that NutraSweet,aspartame etc does to your body since I was 1bout 19 if I had soda it was the diet type and over the last 5 years or so I was drinking 3 Pepsi Max's a day during my work day and on some days I would add in a Lo-Carb monster loaded with artificial sweeteners, I also chewed Extra sugar free gum every waking hour when I wasn't eating a meal.

It has been 6 weeks now since I have had any artificial sweeteners, if I am thirsty I drink distilled water or fresh fruit juice mixed with distilled water.

on to my question...I gave away my container of Muscle Milk which contained Sucralose.

Are there any protein powders with no artificial sweeteners I might accept stevia but that's about it, I thought I would post the thread rather than look through the ingredients of every protein powder on the market, I figured there is one other person that cares about this sort of thing.
    5'10 " 225 cut and 240 in winter..I am trying to transform in to a medium sized guy.
    arms are a 20"
    quads are 28"
    calves are 18"
    chest 52"
    waist is 33"-35"

meal 1 = protein shake with H20 @7 am
    meal 2 =cottage cheese and pineapple @11 am
    meal 3 =6 oz. of lean meat & 1/2 cup of brown rice@2pm
    meal 4 = protein shake with water(post workout)@5pm
    meal 5 = scrambled eggs and brown rice @9pm

Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would recommend Healthy N' Fit's Egg Protein. It uses Stevia as a sweetener. It is not the best tasting (I personally like it though), but it gets the job done.

Also concerning Sucralose, I know it is a chloronated sucrose molecule, but studies thus far have not found anything bad with it. It does not get broken down in our bodies. They have fed Rats a crap load of the stuff and have found no ill-effects. So I am sure having it once a day in your PWO shake is not that bad.

At all costs, Sugar, Fructose, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Aspartame should be avoided!

BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BUM76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hfcs

Originally Posted by Puppywhirl View Post
    I would recommend Healthy N' Fit's Egg Protein. It uses Stevia as a sweetener. It is not the best tasting (I personally like it though), but it gets the job done.

Also concerning Sucralose, I know it is a chloronated sucrose molecule, but studies thus far have not found anything bad with it. It does not get broken down in our bodies. They have fed Rats a crap load of the stuff and have found no ill-effects. So I am sure having it once a day in your PWO shake is not that bad.

At all costs, Sugar, Fructose, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Aspartame should be avoided!
    Yeah I would like to see the ban of HFCS as well, it never made it's ways into Human foods till the late 70's right around the time America started getting fatter
    5'10 " 225 cut and 240 in winter..I am trying to transform in to a medium sized guy.
    arms are a 20"
    quads are 28"
    calves are 18"
    chest 52"
    waist is 33"-35"

joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Resident Stim Junkie never_plateau's Avatar
    never_plateau will become famous soon enough. (+50) never_plateau will become famous soon enough. (+50) never_plateau will become famous soon enough. (+50) never_plateau will become famous soon enough. (+50) never_plateau will become famous soon enough. (+50) never_plateau will become famous soon enough. (+50) never_plateau will become famous soon enough. (+50) never_plateau will become famous soon enough. (+50) never_plateau will become famous soon enough. (+50) never_plateau will become famous soon enough. (+50) never_plateau will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mology/nitropro.html

Can be found eleswhere for $30...and bb.com pricematches
    Bulk For Life. Cutting is for Emo Kids.

Reps 4 life: cal62887

Thanks

Originally Posted by joakman View Post
    I like Dymatize products I took expand (tablets) for like 2 years
    arms are a 20"
    quads are 28"
    calves are 18"
    chest 52"
    waist is 33"-35"

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by joakman View Post
    this

I am almost done with vanilla and have to say it taste awesome.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

update, it has now been more than 14 months since I have had artificial sweeteners and I haven't felt better. My knees no longer ache and that place (knot) in my back where I held tensions for so many years is gone. I have maybe 2 sodas a week but they are pepsi throwbacks or other natural type sodas nothing with HFCS, much different to the days I relied upon energy drinks pepsi max ans chewed extra all day long. I work a much more physical job now than when I originally posted this thread so at approaching 35 natural is better.
    arms are a 20"
    quads are 28"
    calves are 18"
    chest 52"
    waist is 33"-35"

beanking44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My bro said tried the Healthy N' Fit's Egg Protein.

u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BUM76 View Post
    update, it has now been more than 14 months since I have had artificial sweeteners and I haven't felt better. My knees no longer ache and that place (knot) in my back where I held tensions for so many years is gone. I have maybe 2 sodas a week but they are pepsi throwbacks or other natural type sodas nothing with HFCS, much different to the days I relied upon energy drinks pepsi max ans chewed extra all day long. I work a much more physical job now than when I originally posted this thread so at approaching 35 natural is better.
    thakns for the update, what protein did you use? how did it taste?
    "Like those in the valley behind us, most people stand in sight of the spiritual mountains all their lives and never enter them, being content to listen to others who have been there and thus avoid the hardships."

fancy15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fancy15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fancy15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fancy15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fancy15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fancy15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fancy15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fancy15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fancy15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fancy15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fancy15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Natural Health Sherpa warns that there are several sucralose dangers that consumers must be aware of. These side effects include headaches, skin irritation, coughing, runny nose, heart palpitations, depression and mood swings, digestive issues and itchy eyes.

The process of making sucralose involves the replacement of two table sugar molecules with chorine. Informed consumers who know about this ask: “Is sucralose bad for you?”

Studies on lab rats show that sucralose can promote obesity, kill some of the good bacteria in the intestines and hinder absorption of medicine. Another danger observed on mice is that shrinkage of the thymus gland – the gland responsible for producing T-cells which are vital for a healthy immune system. Aside from that, sucralose was also found to cause enlargement of the liver and kidneys.

joshuaqueen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Credibility is gooooood

Credibility sir? Oddly enough there has been no such studies that find sugar, or HCFC to be harmful last I checked, but I am not going to cite any sources as I am sure I can find a source that says its the devil and one that says the opposite.
    Now if we are talking about sugar being consumed at American levels, then sure, it may be unhealthy, but other than that I don't think sugar is necessarily bad for you. Milk has sugar, cottage cheese has sugar, and many other things we "fitness" people consume contain sugar to include fruit and veggies.
    I have read about HFCS being bad, but I have also seen that studies have been done that say it is no different than sugar and over consumption should obviously be avoided. That being said, I am not a fan of HFCS or CS. I avoid it all costs.
    I have read quite a few things about Sucralose. I mean it is chlorine, should be "nuff said."

bimmermd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmermd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmermd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmermd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmermd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmermd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmermd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmermd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DANGEROUS POISONS, AKA ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS, INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

STEVIA
    ASPARTAME aka AMINOSWEET aka EQUAL aka NATRATASTE aka NUTRASWEET
    ACESULFAME K aka ACESULFAME POTASSIUM aka SWEET ONE
    SUCRALOSE aka SPLENDA
    SACCHARIN aka SUCARYL aka HEREMESETAS aka SWEET'N LOW

^^^ ANY PROTEIN POWDER CONTAINING ANY OF THESE POISIONS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED HIGHLY TOXIC AND DANGEROUS.

SADLY, STUPID COMPANIES HAVE ALL TRIED TO CONVINCE THE PUBLIC THAT INSTEAD OF NATURAL SUGAR, THE PUBLIC SHOULD INSTEAD CONSUME GENETICALLY ENGINEERED POISON THAT TASTES SIMILAR TO SUGAR. SO INSTEAD OF A FEW EXTRA CAORIES, YOU GET MAJOR AND POTENTIALLY LIFE THREATENING AFFIRMITIES, ILLNESSES, AND DISEASES SUCH AS IRREPARABLE LIVER DAMAGE, STUNTED IMMUNE SYSTEM, DAMAGED DIGESTIVE TRACT, AND CANCER, AMONG OTHER THINGS.

SADLY, 99.99% OF THE PROTEIN POWDER MARKET USES ONE OR SEVERAL OF THESE POISONS IN THEIR PROTEIN POWDER.

MOREOVER, IT IS IN FACT LESS EXPENSIVE PER GRAM OF PROTEIN NOW TO SIMPLY BUY DAIRY OR CHICKEN, THEN IT IS TO BUY THE EXORBITANTLY OVERPRICED PROTEIN POWDER.

SO YOU SHOULD ASK YOURSELF:
    IS IT REALLY WORTH IT TO SPEND MORE MONEY TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO MY BODY TO USE PROTEIN POWDER FOR THE MINOR CONVENIENCE OF AN EXTRA FEW MINUTES OF MY DAY?

IS IT WORTH IT TO TAKE YEARS AWAY FROM MY LIFE LATER JUST TO SAVE MINUTES OF MY LIFE NOW?

----------------

ALSO, JUST A SIDE NOTE, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS **NOT*** SUGAR BUT IS A DANGEROUS AND HARMFUL SUBSTANCE LEADING TO A VARIETY OF PHYSIOLOGICAL HEALTH ISSUES. YOU SHOULD ***AVOID*** ANYTHING CONTAINING ANY FORM OF CORN SYRUP. ONE STRONG EXAMPLE IS THIS STUFF THEY CALL "SYRUP" (FOR USE ON PANCAKES, ETC) WHICH IS IN FACT NOTHING BUT AN AMALGAMATION OF CORN SYRUP. IN FACT THERE IS NO REAL "SYRUP" IN THERE, THE WAY YOU THINK OF IT AS TREE SAP. NO, NOT EVEN IF YOU SEE A PICTURE OF A MAPLE TREE ON THE FRONT!! BECAUSE THIS JUNK IS NOTHING BUT LIQUID CORN SYRUP AND **DID NOT** COME FROM TREES! THE ***ONLY*** SYRUP YOU SHOULD USE ON YOUR PANCAKES IS GENUINE MAPLE SYRUP. IT WILL LIST ***NOTHING*** IN INGREDIENTS BUT SIMPLY MAPLE SYRUP, OR "NONE", IF IT IS GENUINE MAPLE SYRUP. IT WILL SAY ON THE FRONT, 100% GENUINE ORGANIC MAPLE SYRUP (ALL "REAL" MAPLE SYRUP IS BY NATURE "ORGANIC"). THAT IS JUST ONE EXAMPLE!
    Last edited by bimmermd; 06-09-2014 at 01:26 PM.

smdolphins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

There is an Italian Study out and Sucralose has been down graded from Safe to Caution
    Also see in this forum below, it is a little hard to read because it is in ALL CAPS but informative.

PMbimmermd

CompoundBeast is not very well liked. (-100) CompoundBeast is not very well liked. (-100) CompoundBeast is not very well liked. (-100) CompoundBeast is not very well liked. (-100) CompoundBeast is not very well liked. (-100) CompoundBeast is not very well liked. (-100) CompoundBeast is not very well liked. (-100) CompoundBeast is not very well liked. (-100) CompoundBeast is not very well liked. (-100) CompoundBeast is not very well liked. (-100) CompoundBeast is not very well liked. (-100)
    Ive tried both the natural and regular vanilla flavours of Optimum nutritions whey gold standard and to be honest i really liked the natural one. The difference is the natural is sweetened by stevia (which is derived from a plant) whilst the regular one is sweetened by Acesulfame potassium which is artificially manufactured. They say that stevia is a safer alternative to artificial sweeteners (which i totally agree with) but to be fair all low calorie sweeteners are tricking your body, you're getting the sweet taste without the sugar. This is very taxing on your adrenal glands as when you usually experience this taste your body gets ready to release insulin (cant remember source, google if you like) but this can lead to decreased thyroid function and many other problems so the best option is to buy unflavoured protein powder and if you really cant stand the taste add a teaspoon of sugar and coco because remember, you can have sugar as long as its in moderation, and that teaspoon of sugar isnt as bad as the problems mentioned earlier.

Jplamann0521 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BUM76 View Post
    as I have been getting older (I'm 33 now) I am more cautious of what goes in my body. I have been reading about the nasty stuff that NutraSweet,aspartame etc does to your body since I was 1bout 19 if I had soda it was the diet type and over the last 5 years or so I was drinking 3 Pepsi Max's a day during my work day and on some days I would add in a Lo-Carb monster loaded with artificial sweeteners, I also chewed Extra sugar free gum every waking hour when I wasn't eating a meal.

It has been 6 weeks now since I have had any artificial sweeteners, if I am thirsty I drink distilled water or fresh fruit juice mixed with distilled water.

on to my question...I gave away my container of Muscle Milk which contained Sucralose.

Are there any protein powders with no artificial sweeteners I might accept stevia but that's about it, I thought I would post the thread rather than look through the ingredients of every protein powder on the market, I figured there is one other person that cares about this sort of thing.
    Jarrow Formula Whey Protein - unflavored - can get it at health stores or on amazon

Unflavored protein with NO sweeteners in it. This is the only protein I'll drink, for many years now. Gets the job done without all the artifical crap. I blend it with unsweetened almond milk and some fruit.

rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickwallace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Love the unflavored proteins
    With God all things are possible.

43jamie43 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Q

I just found out i am Lactose, Fructose and sorbitol intolerant

is the Jarrow Formula Whey Protein - unflavored - still the only best bet?

Thanks.

NorthMan1974 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bimmermd View Post

STEVIA
    ASPARTAME aka AMINOSWEET aka EQUAL aka NATRATASTE aka NUTRASWEET
    ACESULFAME K aka ACESULFAME POTASSIUM aka SWEET ONE
    SUCRALOSE aka SPLENDA
    SACCHARIN aka SUCARYL aka HEREMESETAS aka SWEET'N LOW

^^^ ANY PROTEIN POWDER CONTAINING ANY OF THESE POISIONS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED HIGHLY TOXIC AND DANGEROUS.

SADLY, STUPID COMPANIES HAVE ALL TRIED TO CONVINCE THE PUBLIC THAT INSTEAD OF NATURAL SUGAR, THE PUBLIC SHOULD INSTEAD CONSUME GENETICALLY ENGINEERED POISON THAT TASTES SIMILAR TO SUGAR. SO INSTEAD OF A FEW EXTRA CAORIES, YOU GET MAJOR AND POTENTIALLY LIFE THREATENING AFFIRMITIES, ILLNESSES, AND DISEASES SUCH AS IRREPARABLE LIVER DAMAGE, STUNTED IMMUNE SYSTEM, DAMAGED DIGESTIVE TRACT, AND CANCER, AMONG OTHER THINGS.

SADLY, 99.99% OF THE PROTEIN POWDER MARKET USES ONE OR SEVERAL OF THESE POISONS IN THEIR PROTEIN POWDER.

MOREOVER, IT IS IN FACT LESS EXPENSIVE PER GRAM OF PROTEIN NOW TO SIMPLY BUY DAIRY OR CHICKEN, THEN IT IS TO BUY THE EXORBITANTLY OVERPRICED PROTEIN POWDER.

SO YOU SHOULD ASK YOURSELF:
    IS IT REALLY WORTH IT TO SPEND MORE MONEY TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO MY BODY TO USE PROTEIN POWDER FOR THE MINOR CONVENIENCE OF AN EXTRA FEW MINUTES OF MY DAY?

IS IT WORTH IT TO TAKE YEARS AWAY FROM MY LIFE LATER JUST TO SAVE MINUTES OF MY LIFE NOW?

----------------

ALSO, JUST A SIDE NOTE, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS **NOT*** SUGAR BUT IS A DANGEROUS AND HARMFUL SUBSTANCE LEADING TO A VARIETY OF PHYSIOLOGICAL HEALTH ISSUES. YOU SHOULD ***AVOID*** ANYTHING CONTAINING ANY FORM OF CORN SYRUP. ONE STRONG EXAMPLE IS THIS STUFF THEY CALL "SYRUP" (FOR USE ON PANCAKES, ETC) WHICH IS IN FACT NOTHING BUT AN AMALGAMATION OF CORN SYRUP. IN FACT THERE IS NO REAL "SYRUP" IN THERE, THE WAY YOU THINK OF IT AS TREE SAP. NO, NOT EVEN IF YOU SEE A PICTURE OF A MAPLE TREE ON THE FRONT!! BECAUSE THIS JUNK IS NOTHING BUT LIQUID CORN SYRUP AND **DID NOT** COME FROM TREES! THE ***ONLY*** SYRUP YOU SHOULD USE ON YOUR PANCAKES IS GENUINE MAPLE SYRUP. IT WILL LIST ***NOTHING*** IN INGREDIENTS BUT SIMPLY MAPLE SYRUP, OR "NONE", IF IT IS GENUINE MAPLE SYRUP. IT WILL SAY ON THE FRONT, 100% GENUINE ORGANIC MAPLE SYRUP (ALL "REAL" MAPLE SYRUP IS BY NATURE "ORGANIC"). THAT IS JUST ONE EXAMPLE!

Then what to use then?

zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    started weight lifting recently but does protein powder make anyone else fart? Don't wanna be gross but it's making taking it really annoying and i wondered if it was because of sweeteners / other supplements i'm taking etc? How do you know you're taking in the right amount of protein too?

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by zachz144 View Post
    started weight lifting recently but does protein powder make anyone else fart? Don't wanna be gross but it's making taking it really annoying and i wondered if it was because of sweeteners / other supplements i'm taking etc? How do you know you're taking in the right amount of protein too?
    Maybe you're lactose intolerant? Try taking it with almond milk or if you use vanilla whey, try it with orange juice.
    Cobra Kai never dies!