carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Why cant I quit Alcohol?

For as hard as I train and as strick as my diet is alcohol is the reason I cant reach my goals...

This is more of a rant and cry for motivation...

sigh...

ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALEXH- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Only on weekends or?

KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This was my life for about 9 months. I was never able to cut down because given the option of cutting or filling daily calorie requirements with alcohol, alcohol always won out. Then I just went for it and cut for 8 weeks and during that 8 weeks I realized that I like food too much to drink. Now I would much rather have a really satisfying meal than get wasted, so that's been one of my main motivations to stop drinking. Just think long term goals vs. the short term.
    Every day without lifting is a wasted opportunity.

emurphy86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emurphy86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emurphy86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emurphy86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emurphy86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emurphy86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emurphy86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emurphy86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emurphy86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem. I would get down to 250 then drink on the weekends and would be back to 256 on monday. this has been reoccuring for weeks so this isn't a one shor deal. ive come to a very simple solution........ give up drinking entirely for at least a month if not indefinately. I like to drink but it isn't worth endangering my cut or the amount of money spent. Hope this helps you OP

Ed

MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by carlsonjp View Post

For as hard as I train and as strick as my diet is alcohol is the reason I cant reach my goals...

This is more of a rant and cry for motivation...

sigh...
    It happens man... like everything else giving up on alcohol is one of the many sacrifices alot of us have to make.

For example alot of people on here have extremely clean diets brown rice/chicken etc... dont think for a second that people on here actually likes clean foods. Nobody likes brown rice/chicken. I would take wings and a beer over it any day of the week... but I dont, I keep it clean because I have a goal in mind and thats a sacrifice that I have to make to reach my goal.

Like dieting giving up alcohol is tough... it's one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. When I started to clean up my diet, sure I slipped up here and there. I had a few extra cheat meals, etc... but over time I found ways to keep with it. It's definetly not easy being 23 and not drinking, so I understand where your coming form and am right there with you bud. The best advise I can give you is remember how you feel right now at this very moment... next time you go out with your freinds for drinks, think back to this moment right here. And ask yourself if having a few drinks with my pals tonight, is it worth feeling misserable like this for the next week.

I've never once thought to myself I wish I would have drank more last night... but on many ocassions I've thought to myself what was I thinking, why did I drink that much!!!

Good luck bud, keep your head up... you're well on your way to beating this thing!

Red_Zone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea I'm only 20. But have made the choice to not drink alcohol (3 weeks ago going strong :P), because I can't control myself. I just don't think its worth the hangover, $$$ and guilt.

Like MileHighBlues said you would just wish you did'nt drink that night once you wake up. Usually I don't remember a thing ! So kinda pointless having a good night if you can't remember it !

Goodluck staying on track!

PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Some people have the willpower to control their own actions.

Some people just don't.
    "He's a big bloke, isn't he?!! If you found him in bed with your girlfriend you'd tuck him in!"

venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    because its harmful to your health and get loss your concentration..

cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Alcohol really isnt that bad for you. If you can fit it into your daily caloric intake, then there isnt any reason to not drink it...if you can limit yourself to 3-4 then you'll be fine.

If you have to go out and drink 15 drinks and get hammered, then you're probably screwed
    Negs to anyone that:
    makes a terrible troll thread
    makes any conspiracy theory thread
    makes a religious/political thread without knowledge of what they're talking about

carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I am stationed in Osan AB Korea. Anyone who has ever been here knows it is very common culture to drink heavily all the time.

My biggest problem is the sheer number of drinks I consume over the course of a weekend and the effects it has on my sunday night / weekday workouts... On any given weekend I currently put down 30-40 drink as my tolerance has gone up. I never drink to the point where I blackout or puke it just takes more for me to get drunk then it used to.

All I have done every weekend for the past few years is go clubbing in either Tokyo or Seoul. When I go out it is for the entire night as the subway/bus systems stop and there really isnt much else to do besides drink. Before I used to give my self a certain time to start drinking and i could have my 4-5 drink at say 1am and that should make for a fun evening. The only problem with that is after 4-5 drinks I figure what the f!ck and the calories just start pooring in from there.

I guess the only other option (and the hardest?) is to go dry for a bit and see what changes.

/end random babbling...

diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i quit once i realized how many empty calories it is and how ****ty i feel the next day. That usually leads to missed workouts and just all out non-productive day.
    USMC

Ride or die

MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MileHighBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cmc0108 View Post
    Alcohol really isnt that bad for you. If you can fit it into your daily caloric intake, then there isnt any reason to not drink it...if you can limit yourself to 3-4 then you'll be fine.

If you have to go out and drink 15 drinks and get hammered, then you're probably screwed
    Like he said... there is nothing wrong with the occasional drink or eight =)

Like everything it's ok in moderation, but if you decide to drink alcohol NEVER EAT AND DRINK!!!!

Even one drink will keep your liver pretty busy for well over an hour. This wouldnt be a problem, except for the fact that your liver is pretty vital to your body being able to turn food into Glycogen which it can actually use. With alcohol in your system, your liver is stuck filtering that out of your blood stream, so it cant process the food you just ate. Granted your muscles can produce a bit of glycogen on their own, and even the stomach and brain can produce some if need be. But the liver is the main component in creating usable energy for the body. If you have food sitting in your stomach while your drinking. Your body can't process it very well. Since the human body isnt dumb, it takes everything it can from that food and... da... da... da... stores it as fat!

So if your like most of us a 12 pack is no problem... and the start to a good night... well it really is a problem! There are people who say it takes 1 hr for the liver to process one alcoholic drink from your system others say its 2hrs. Either way thats a very long time that your body cant process glycogen. I always think back to myself if 12 beers is worth 12-24hrs that my liver is going to be busy and tied up. For me it's simply not worth it.

cmc0108- good rep for you, good sir =)

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow, guys take it easy. Read this and get down to earth, life isn't over when you're lifting and getting ripped.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/tru...nd-muscle.html

I drink 1 or 2 times a week (no who-will-bring-me-home-tonight-drinking) in moderation and lose fat and gain strength. Balance = key, especially if you want to be in this game for longer then 2 weeks.
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

Originally Posted by BergoNL View Post
    Wow, guys take it easy. Read this and get down to earth, life isn't over when you're lifting and getting ripped.

I drink 1 or 2 times a week (no who-will-bring-me-home-tonight-drinking) in moderation and lose fat and gain strength. Balance = key, especially if you want to be in this game for longer then 2 weeks.
    Great article... that was definetly a good read!

Good rep for you as well =)

AKA The Gingerbread Man MR.RAMSEY's Avatar
    MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good info and advise in this thread!
    STRENGTH AND HONOR

uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000)
    First off you have to face the fact you like to drink because of the effect it has on the brain

It is a drug

Forget that taste BS that the ads try and promote --after the first one the rest are nothing as far as taste goes

Then ask you self why you want to take a drug

All it does is shut out reality to some extent

Once you realize that you should be able to motivate yourself
    I know muscle has a memory but I think mine has Alzheimers

04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can't quit because you're weak. You train hard, but you may as well be pissing in a puddle than lifting the iron; you undo anything you ever do in the gym, by drinking; grow a pair, and show that you want to do this.
    (playing hard ball as a change from everyone else )

I repped a couple of you, thanks!

I think it is more or less a lifestyle and not so much an addiction. I quit once before for a little over a year in the past as I lost all desire to drink. I will try to make it through this weekend without drinking but still go out with friends. If I do it will be the first weekend in around 2 years I didnt have a drink.

Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chuwey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I repped a couple of you, thanks!

I think it is more or less a lifestyle and not so much an addiction. I quit once before for a little over a year in the past as I lost all desire to drink. I will try to make it through this weekend without drinking but still go out with friends. If I do it will be the first weekend in around 2 years I didnt have a drink.
    Your drinking doesn't seem way out of control to me, but it may be progressing to that. If you honestly feel you have no control over this, you need a support group. Check out
    aa in korea . org
    Best of luck!
    Fall in love with the struggle.

PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatChukwurah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BergoNL View Post

Dude no offense but you don't really look like you workout. The drinking probably has something to do with that.
    "He's a big bloke, isn't he?!! If you found him in bed with your girlfriend you'd tuck him in!"

jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last year around January i was around 17.5stone, chubby as hell but still trained 4 days a week, i couldnt do Cardio due to a leg/back injury however and this put me off attempting a diet (i didn't know any better). When it got better around April i started a normal diet and cardio, kept fats fairly low, watched carbs and got around 1g/lbs protein.

Almost every single weekend i was out drinking, just the lifestyle i guess, and by October i was down to around 14.5stone. I had a few stalls but lost at around 1-2lbs a week in general. The drinking would be one night a week usually and around 8-12 glasses of Jack Daniels (35ml) + coke (not diet) and the occasional random drink. If it was a house party i could easily put away a bottle of JD

Point is, i don't think it matters THAT much until you get to really low BF levels, where it becomes difficult to drop off more than your body would like to. As long as you don't go nuts several times a week i reckon it's perfectly fine. Saying that though, i don't drink beer just spirits really, and i know beer is a killer on the belly. Now i drink them only with diet drinks as well so kcal is pretty low. Just make them strong ones so you drink less Works for me.

Last month i went to a music festival which was 6 days long, i drank like a fish and ate like a pig (nasty stuff, chocolate, cakes, you name it) for those 6 days, and that was coming off a Keto diet. When i got back, despite going out again the following weekend for a birthday and drinking then as well, i was back down to the same weight and looking the same in around 10 days after being back "on the wagon". Like you i find it hard not to go out with friends for a few, and it's hard to enjoy yourself as much when your mates are wasted and you are stone cold sober. Just remember you don't need to get totally wasted to have a good time, and watch what you drink

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PatChukwurah View Post
    Dude no offense but you don't really look like you workout. The drinking probably has something to do with that.
    Thanks a lot dude, really appreciate it.

In between these pics I've had 2 periods of 3 months without drinking alcohol at all. So don't give me this bullsht. And yes, I'm working on it as you can see, getting ripped doesn't happen overnight r3tard.

I was only referring to that article to all these people who cut off everything they like (drinking a few beers now and then) and eventually end up isolated from a social life OR fall off the wagon because they can't handle it.

But whatever dude..
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

Washed up skateboarder.. CalebRM's Avatar
    CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know it doesn't work for everyone beings how it does have the tendency to make one lazy, but when I get the urge to wanna get wasted ill just smoke a bowl instead. It makes you hungry which is great for when your on a bulk and it really relaxes your muscles after you lift.

Edit: <-- Strong alcoholic traits, DUI and 4000 later.