marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wanting to compete in bodybuilding contest. Asian

Introduction:I have been bodybuilding ever since i was high school, but wasn't serious until around 2 years ago. Now i have a become a gym rat, and am too addicted to bodybuilding. I am planning to take a course in personal training and come out as a personal trainer.

My questions:
    I was thinking of joining a bodybuilding competition, maybe next year when i get a lot more bigger. I am asian/ chinese and my biggest question is will i look a fool if i try to competition, i check the official canada bodybuilding site and i have not seen any asian competition. I am looking for some suggestion from people who competed in any bodybuilding competition to see if you guys can give me any suggestions. Btw before i start my competition i am planning to send in my transformation to bodybuilding.com for the transformation of the week.

Any suggestion would be great.

Thanks for the help.

Ps: i am weighing at 135lbs right now, my goal is to hit around 155-160, i am only 5'7. So my division would be lightweight.

marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    anyone lolz

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i've never competed, but i'll tell you that your ethnicity is not going to hinder your competitiveness in any way... you will be judged on your physique and that alone. @ 135lbs and 5'7" you seem to be rather low on the mass scale (no offense intended). with you saying you want to end up at 155-160 does that mean you want to bulk to that and then compete? if so keep in mind that generally with a bulk accompanies fat, so if you bulk to 155, you will still have to cut to stage lean b4 the contest, so you'll be quite light even then
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

Time to start building... norinicole's Avatar
    norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    your ethnicity is not going to hinder your competitiveness in any way... you will be judged on your physique and that alone.
    This.

You're going to do well if you come in huge and shredded.
    /thread

By the way, have you not heard of Hidetada?
    http://www.gasparinutrition.com/Team...2/Default.aspx
    Mrs. Hessunit as of May 11, 2013

PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    GO FOR IT BRAH!
    Some Asian doods are some of the most RIPPED i've seen! And think about it, if you haven't seen many, then you'll stand out from the crowd!
    BOOOYEA
    Kill it! Wish I was developped enough to compete!

Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    i've never competed, but i'll tell you that your ethnicity is not going to hinder your competitiveness in any way... you will be judged on your physique and that alone. @ 135lbs and 5'7" you seem to be rather low on the mass scale (no offense intended). with you saying you want to end up at 155-160 does that mean you want to bulk to that and then compete? if so keep in mind that generally with a bulk accompanies fat, so if you bulk to 155, you will still have to cut to stage lean b4 the contest, so you'll be quite light even then
    yeahh right now i am low on mass scale. I was 190lbs before like a year ago, i put a lot of effort to lose that 60lbs. I manage to put on some good lean mass, but yeah i am gonna start clean bulk in september, which shouldn't be much of a problem for me cause i am more of an endomorph. I can gain weight too easily. But thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by norinicole View Post
    This.

You're going to do well if you come in huge and shredded.
    /thread

By the way, have you not heard of Hidetada?
    http://www.gasparinutrition.com/Team...2/Default.aspx
    Yep heard of him, he my wallpaper for my computer lol, but he japanese :P I am chinese haven't seen any chinese bodybuilders expect in Hong kong or China, which is really rather in those places, everyone is sticks there or they are extremely overweight :P

Originally Posted by PJRolls View Post
    GO FOR IT BRAH!
    Some Asian doods are some of the most RIPPED i've seen! And think about it, if you haven't seen many, then you'll stand out from the crowd!
    BOOOYEA
    Kill it! Wish I was developped enough to compete!
    hahhahah thanks man, then i am gonna go for it.

willski52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) willski52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) willski52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) willski52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) willski52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) willski52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) willski52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) willski52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) willski52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) willski52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) willski52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by marcoecon View Post
    Introduction:I have been bodybuilding ever since i was high school, but wasn't serious until around 2 years ago. Now i have a become a gym rat, and am too addicted to bodybuilding. I am planning to take a course in personal training and come out as a personal trainer.

My questions:
    I was thinking of joining a bodybuilding competition, maybe next year when i get a lot more bigger. I am asian/ chinese and my biggest question is will i look a fool if i try to competition, i check the official canada bodybuilding site and i have not seen any asian competition. I am looking for some suggestion from people who competed in any bodybuilding competition to see if you guys can give me any suggestions. Btw before i start my competition i am planning to send in my transformation to bodybuilding.com for the transformation of the week.

Any suggestion would be great.

Thanks for the help.

Ps: i am weighing at 135lbs right now, my goal is to hit around 155-160, i am only 5'7. So my division would be lightweight.

Had the 15th Far East Bodybuilding competition out here last weekend. Japanese men dominated every weight class. Even the heavyweights class. Ethnicity doesn't matter.
    A good plan violently executed right now is far better than a perfect plan executed next week.
    -Patton-