clouservan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bloating? Girl advice

I've been counting calories and eating right religiously for the past two weeks. I have a six day work out plan and have been working my ass off. I lost two pounds the first week and my endurance is sky rocketing. But all of a sudden in the past two days I've gained 2.5 pounds. My diet or exercise has not changed. Only thing I can think that is different is I should be getting my period next week. Maybe I'm bloating? I'm not sure though. Advice?

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by clouservan View Post
    I've been counting calories and eating right religiously for the past two weeks. I have a six day work out plan and have been working my ass off. I lost two pounds the first week and my endurance is sky rocketing. But all of a sudden in the past two days I've gained 2.5 pounds. My diet or exercise has not changed. Only thing I can think that is different is I should be getting my period next week. Maybe I'm bloating? I'm not sure though. Advice?
    I can gain 3 or so pounds with hormonal fluctuations. Also, don't weigh yourself more than once a week, it will make you crazy to see the scale bounce around with water weight and such. Stick to your diet and exercise and ignore the scale until after your period. If you are new to weight training, that may also affect your actual scale weight even though you seem to be getting leaner. I try to stay off the scale when I know its the "wrong" time of the month.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

sumsavior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This happens to me pretty much monthly. I gain anywhere from two to five pounds the week before my period. Keep sticking to your program, and judge your progress more on how you look / feel, rather than weight (especially pre and during period).