workmore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weak lower body - totally pathetic,how should i improve ? .

Hey guys,

Today I went to gym totally motivated (thanks to bodybuilding.com). It was lower body day.I was able to do

* Squats - 2 x 20 (just with a bar)
    * Lunges - 2 x 15 (just with a bar again)
    * Standing curl raises - 2 x 20 (first set with a bar and second one i added 10 lbs on both sides)
    * Sitting curl raises - 2 x 20 (this one on machine with 45 lbs)
    * Leg curl - 2 x 20 (this one on machine with 45 lbs)

I really had a hard time with squats and lunges.Even my trainer said i have a weak lower body which made me feel he is disappointed in me.

What should i do about it ? I'm really depressed with myself atm.While walking back home i felt like its a walk of shame.

ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by workmore View Post
    Hey guys,

Today I went to gym totally motivated (thanks to bodybuilding.com). It was lower body day.I was able to do

* Squats - 2 x 20 (just with a bar)
    * Lunges - 2 x 15 (just with a bar again)
    * Standing curl raises - 2 x 20 (first set with a bar and second one i added 10 lbs on both sides)
    * Sitting curl raises - 2 x 20 (this one on machine with 45 lbs)
    * Leg curl - 2 x 20 (this one on machine with 45 lbs)

I really had a hard time with squats and lunges.Even my trainer said i have a weak lower body which made me feel he is disappointed in me.

What should i do about it ? I'm really depressed with myself atm.While walking back home i felt like its a walk of shame.
    Ditch the trainer, if he is giving you negative vibes he is not worth the trouble. Only use him for technique checks (hopefully he knows this at least, parallel or lower if flexibility allows). Drop everything on your leg workout but keep the squats and drop the reps to 3x5. When you next squat, add 5lbs to that empty bar, the time after that add 5lbs again. In 3 months of continually adding 5lbs with good technique, you will be out lifting the trainer on leg day, stick at it.

ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^^ What this guy said.

Rome wasn't built in a day, keep telling yourself that when you feel weak. Consistency is seriously the most important thing. Be consistent, learn to squat properly, and add weight to the bar every session.

Originally Posted by ltbs View Post
    Ditch the trainer, if he is giving you negative vibes he is not worth the trouble. Only use him for technique checks (hopefully he knows this at least, parallel or lower if flexibility allows). Drop everything on your leg workout but keep the squats and drop the reps to 3x5. When you next squat, add 5lbs to that empty bar, the time after that add 5lbs again. In 3 months of continually adding 5lbs with good technique, you will be out lifting the trainer on leg day, stick at it.
    Alright,i will actually take your advise and do 3 sets with 5 reps adding 5 lbs each time for my squats.Wish it works.

ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Make sure to have a note book on hand for every training session, write down your weight lifted/sets/reps/rest times if needed, over time you will see your progress and it will motivate you to keep you going. Technique comes before weight increase so make sure form is spot on, don't rush thinking you can add 10lbs, 5lb consistenly will do the job. Make sure to eat as well.

Make sure to have a note book on hand for every training session, write down your weight lifted/sets/reps/rest times if needed, over time you will see your progress and it will motivate you to keep you going. Technique comes before weight increase so make sure form is spot on, don't rush thinking you can add 10lbs, 5lb consistenly will do the job. Make sure to eat as well.
    Well currently im cutting too.So not a lot a carbs intake.I know it will make it even more difficult, so i dont think ill rush with it.

Well currently im cutting too.So not a lot a carbs intake.I know it will make it even more difficult, so i dont think ill rush with it.
    At 5'8 and 154lbs and 20kg squat you shouldn't be cutting, how long you been lifting?

At 5'8 and 154lbs and 20kg squat you shouldn't be cutting, how long you been lifting?
    Well 3 months now. I wasn't cutting all this time but im skinny fat, so i realized it was time.

Well 3 months now. I wasn't cutting all this time but im skinny fat, so i realized it was time.
    You need at least 1yr of consistent lifting before even contemplating a cut, you will be skinny skinny after this cut, then what, more depression? Get your squat to at least body weight (160lbs + on the bar) deadlift to 2x bodyweight (230 + on the bar) and bench to body weight, then re-assess. Also diet plays a big part in body composition.

You need at least 1yr of consistent lifting before even contemplating a cut, you will be skinny skinny after this cut, then what, more depression? Get your squat to at least body weight (160lbs + on the bar) deadlift to 2x bodyweight (230 + on the bar) and bench to body weight, then re-assess. Also diet plays a big part in body composition.
    So it will take more than an year for me to have a good physique ?
    Though i don't want to rush and do it the right way.

We are all different, I could say 6 months and give false hope. Take a photo and 6 months from now take another, see what progress you can see, mirrors give false feedback, use photos. Then use the next 6 months as a way to improve in areas you feel you need. But remember, without consistency in lifting and diet, those photos wil show little change. Get your notebook started to.

We are all different, I could say 6 months and give false hope. Take a photo and 6 months from now take another, see what progress you can see, mirrors give false feedback, use photos. Then use the next 6 months as a way to improve in areas you feel you need. But remember, without consistency in lifting and diet, those photos wil show little change. Get your notebook started to.
    Thankyou for all the help man !

CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everyone starts somewhere! Just keep squatting, and your squat and legs will get stronger and bigger. Check out my sig, I think it's a fantastic quote.

At your current position, I'd recommend a reputable full-body routine, though. Check out all pro's routine (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843), it's something I hear great things about. Another great beginner program is Rippetoe's Starting Strength, which is well known for adding a lot of strength to novices who do the program correctly.
    "Complexity for complexity's sake is dumb. Slow progress when fast is available is very poor decision making. Training indirectly with elaborate assistance exercises to raise your back squat is foolish if you can walk in the gym and add weight to your back squat."
    -Madcow

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^ this + \/\/\/ this = success

Originally Posted by CharlieYo View Post
    Everyone starts somewhere! Just keep squatting, and your squat and legs will get stronger and bigger. Check out my sig, I think it's a fantastic quote.

At your current position, I'd recommend a reputable full-body routine, though. Check out all pro's routine (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843), it's something I hear great things about. Another great beginner program is Rippetoe's Starting Strength, which is well known for adding a lot of strength to novices who do the program correctly.
    Follow what both of these posters have said, including giving All Pro's novice routine a try. Never keep a trainer who doesn't leave you feeling positive/motivated. Different people need different types of motivation and mess or clash with a trainer based on this.

Originally Posted by CharlieYo View Post

At your current position, I'd recommend a reputable full-body routine, though. Check out all pro's routine (forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843), it's something I hear great things about. Another great beginner program is Rippetoe's Starting Strength, which is well known for adding a lot of strength to novices who do the program correctly.

Thankyou for motivating me again guys.Looking forward for lower body workout day.

You guys are the best !!