TaddA89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Chicken and Broccoli

Okay, so I have been lifting and doing heavy cardio in a circuit training style for about 8 months. I have seriously modified my lifestyle and have lost about 60 lbs over this time frame from eating very clean and being very health conscious.

Here is the question I have. I am just sick of preparing different meals. I no longer eat for pleasure but for nourishment and truly just don't care what I eat as long as it gets me closer to the shredded physique I am on the brink of acheiving. I am seriously considering just eating oven roasted chicken breast and broccoli for every meal (with the exception of maybe some extra carbs like fruit for breakfast and pre-workout and a whey protein shake post-workout) just for the ease of preparation and to be honest I just love the combo. Super lean meat, and probably the most awesome veggie.

Please give me your input. I know that there is nothing unhealthy about the combination itself but is there anything wrong with making my diet so monotonous?

Thanks for your help!

JFDend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JFDend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JFDend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JFDend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JFDend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JFDend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JFDend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JFDend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JFDend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JFDend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JFDend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TaddA89 View Post
    Okay, so I have been lifting and doing heavy cardio in a circuit training style for about 8 months. I have seriously modified my lifestyle and have lost about 60 lbs over this time frame from eating very clean and being very health conscious.

Here is the question I have. I am just sick of preparing different meals. I no longer eat for pleasure but for nourishment and truly just don't care what I eat as long as it gets me closer to the shredded physique I am on the brink of acheiving. I am seriously considering just eating oven roasted chicken breast and broccoli for every meal (with the exception of maybe some extra carbs like fruit for breakfast and pre-workout and a whey protein shake post-workout) just for the ease of preparation and to be honest I just love the combo. Super lean meat, and probably the most awesome veggie.

Please give me your input. I know that there is nothing unhealthy about the combination itself but is there anything wrong with making my diet so monotonous?

Thanks for your help!
    This is what I do. My breakfast is different, and my protein shake is different, but every other meal consists of chicken broccoli and a source of fat.

I make the chicken better by adding garden salsa. Mix up the fats between natty peanut butter, avocado(mixed w/garden salsa and spread on chicken), or some kind of nuts.

I don't know how healthy it is nutrient wise but afaik it's healthy.

spoolinwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spoolinwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spoolinwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spoolinwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spoolinwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spoolinwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spoolinwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spoolinwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spoolinwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spoolinwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spoolinwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TaddA89 View Post

Thanks for your help!
    Nothing bad about that. You might get sick of it. I would mix it up with turkey, lean steak, salmon, leafy greens. Also I would add some fats to your diet. Maybe throw in a handful of almonds a day.

Rub some funk on it watermelon_2001's Avatar
    watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Will probably lead to a lack of various vitamins and minerals which are vital not only for your health and wellbeing, but also for achieving your bodybuilding/ fitness goals (e.g. zinc for supporting testosterone, Vitamin C for recovery, etc.) I could also see it increasing the liklihood of you to cheat, simply due to the monotonous nature and lack of variety in such a diet.

Plus, your farts are gonna absolutely reek...
    Anorexia dragged me to rock-bottom; watch me build myself back up...

My Journal; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118286631

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

rc_p90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rc_p90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rc_p90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rc_p90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rc_p90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rc_p90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rc_p90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rc_p90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rc_p90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rc_p90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rc_p90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by watermelon_2001 View Post
    Will probably lead to a lack of various vitamins and minerals which are vital not only for your health and wellbeing, but also for achieving your bodybuilding/ fitness goals (e.g. zinc for supporting testosterone, Vitamin C for recovery, etc.) I could also see it increasing the liklihood of you to cheat, simply due to the monotonous nature and lack of variety in such a diet.

couldnt he just take a multi?

titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by watermelon_2001 View Post

THis very true.

Don't skimp on the red meat its loaded with zinc and b12. B12 is in very few foods and hard for your body to absorb (impossible through pill form). Make sure to cook it rare or medium rare.

TaddA89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys. Keep suggestions coming. Basically what I'm getting is that it should be cool as long as I'm getting my essential fats in there, taking a multivitamin and eating a little red meat here and there.

AttackLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) AttackLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) AttackLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) AttackLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) AttackLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) AttackLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) AttackLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) AttackLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) AttackLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) AttackLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) AttackLife is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by titdoctor View Post
    THis very true.

Don't skimp on the red meat its loaded with zinc and b12. B12 is in very few foods and hard for your body to absorb (impossible through pill form). Make sure to cook it rare or medium rare.
    Off topic: How affective is the B vitamin absorption with 5 Hour Energy shots? I drink a few of these a couple days a week, they seem to work, whether it's more than a psychological boost I'm not sure.

On topic: Yeah I eat chicken and broccoli 3-5 times a week, it's easy and quick for dinner. I make up for this by eating smaller meals and snacks during the day like tuna, other vegetables, fruits, whey protein, healthy fats..etc + a cup or two of green tea.

But there's a difference between having chicken and broccoli for every meal and having it for one meal every day. I would advise the latter. It's just as easy to prepare a salad with fruits or vegetables, cook white fish, cook pasta, make a tuna sandwich, eat healthy fats..etc as it is to cook chicken and broccoli every night. You might be over doing it if you're eating that for every meal, that's anywhere from that combo 3-5+ times a day every day.. Say it out loud. I love the combo but blah..