OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

How to tighten up abs without losing fat?

Hi guys right i have a good understanding of bodybuilding & Fitness. But i want to see what methods you guys have

I can see my upper abs slightly with a relatively medium bodyfat, so basically i have a bit of a belly but nothing out of control

At the moment my goal is:

To tighten abs
    Not to focus on losing bodyfat atm

So what exercises can you suggest

I was thinking internal core muscles to tighten and strengthen the belly area such as the plank & leg raises

Can anyone suggest some great tips please?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Why is it that so many "abs" posters are deep in the red?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OpolE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Yea bump im goin away soon so i can do some when on holiday

nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    troll

dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    so u want to "tone" then?

troll/10

swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sorry, but im pretty sure the only way is to lose fat overall.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP, everyone in the thread is misunderstanding you.

I usually train my abs with heavy weight. Like any other muscle I stick within the typical (for me atleast). 6-15 reps. Depending on how I feel.

I usually do kneeling high cable crunches. Adjust the stack and rep away. Nice and slow and controlled to really feel it and not use momentum.

I also like to do weight planks.

All my other ab excersizes are things like squats and deadlifts and any other lift that uses the core.

And since you don't wanna lose bodyfat. It'll be there protecting your abs to keep them nice and tight.

Good luck with your goals.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Not sure what tighten means here. If you build the abs bigger they will be more visible given an identical amount of body fat covering them.

Strengthening the transversus abdominis muscle might possibly help to suck in the gut and make them more visible, but I'm not sure.

Attention to posture also affects how the abdomen looks.

There's also the visual effect of a 'V' from lats/shoulders and whatnot.

rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=ReSpAwN DeMoN;526470183]...I also like to do weight planks....QUOTE]

how do you do weighted planks? ankle bracelets?

tha_deuce is just really nice. (+1000) tha_deuce is just really nice. (+1000) tha_deuce is just really nice. (+1000) tha_deuce is just really nice. (+1000) tha_deuce is just really nice. (+1000) tha_deuce is just really nice. (+1000) tha_deuce is just really nice. (+1000) tha_deuce is just really nice. (+1000) tha_deuce is just really nice. (+1000) tha_deuce is just really nice. (+1000) tha_deuce is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN View Post
    I usually train my abs with heavy weight. Like any other muscle I stick within the typical (for me atleast). 6-15 reps. Depending on how I feel.

I usually do kneeling high cable crunches. Adjust the stack and rep away. Nice and slow and controlled to really feel it and not use momentum.

I also like to do weight planks.

All my other ab excersizes are things like squats and deadlifts and any other lift that uses the core.

And since you don't wanna lose bodyfat. It'll be there protecting your abs to keep them nice and tight.

Good luck with your goals.
    ^^ this. any weighted ab workouts will make your abs pop!
    i hate to lose more than i love to win - #17

I grip the bar with no gloves because it gives me the feeling of gripping a nice hard cawk : .KraZed

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by rayr2010 View Post
    You could use an ankle weight and do a 1-legged plank, yes.

Alternatively, you can do them with chains over your back, someone sitting on you, weighted vest, etc.

im2womanly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) im2womanly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) im2womanly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) im2womanly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) im2womanly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) im2womanly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) im2womanly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) im2womanly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) im2womanly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) im2womanly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) im2womanly is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    eat and front squats

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rayr2010 View Post
    Someone taught me to get down in the plank position. And place weight plates on my lower back. I usually go as high as 4, 45LB plates for 20 seconds. Then take 2 off, do that for 30 seconds. Then take 'em all off and do it for a minute.

Keep ur abs TIGHT and flexed hard, to avoid injury to your lower back.

I personally don't recommend this movement to the average lifter. Sometimes I fear doing it myself, and everytime I do......do them, I always get "advice" from people telling me how bad they are.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tyciol View Post
    You could use an ankle weight and do a 1-legged plank, yes.

Alternatively, you can do them with chains over your back, someone sitting on you, weighted vest, etc.
    Or simply have someone put a weight on your back.

Weighted planks are awesome btw