venusgeneus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Basic Training Program for Women (I see the men have one).

I noticed in the men's section there are some great and very detailed programs, are there any on here for women? I did see the thread somewhere but following the links seems to have taken me back to a men's program.

Can someone please link me to where there might be some good programs for women?

Thanks so much!

(I should probably mention I am not looking to lose much weight, I am interested in building muscle. The weight I do want to lose is for the purpose of "firming up", not get smaller or "thinner".

I am not new to working out but not experienced enough to know exactly what to do in the gym and am looking for a better program than what I hodgepodged together.)

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=126128053

Essentially the training programs do not differ but there is a book written just for women that comes highly recommended by folks on this board.

nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I found 'Starting Strength' to be immensely helpful. There is a link to it in the main forum Workout Sections (often referred to as "Rippetoe's Starting Strength"; the book is by Mark Rippetoe).

Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you ever seen Rip's youtube videos? The man is a HOOT.

Starting Strength is a great program.
    I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

1 January 2017: 175.0
    1 June 2017: 154.4
    Goal Weight: 145.0 (by 1 August)

Week 1: 154.3 (6/2/17); Week 2: 154.4 (6/9/17); Week 3: 152.4 (6/16/17); Week 4: Friday 23th June; Week 5: Friday 30th June

BeeCharmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeeCharmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeeCharmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeeCharmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeeCharmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeeCharmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeeCharmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeeCharmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeeCharmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeeCharmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeeCharmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by venusgeneus View Post

(I should probably mention I am not looking to lose much weight, I am interested in building muscle. The weight I do want to lose is for the purpose of "firming up", not get smaller or "thinner".

I am not new to working out but not experienced enough to know exactly what to do in the gym and am looking for a better program than what I hodgepodged together.)
    me too

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I really liked Starting Strength too, I did that for 3 months, but eventually felt like I wanted more structure and spice in my workouts. Not that you can't do that with SS, but anyway I have recently moved to The New Rules of Lifting For Women. It's a little more "froofy" than the bare-bones strength aspect of SS, but I will say my glutes are getting a whole lot more DOMS from all the lunges. Waiting for reps to get shorter and more in the strength range, and I will miss squats all the time, but I think I needed the variety of NROLFW.

Anyhow, they are both great programs for people starting out!

I think the SS book is great for learning about good form, though. Excellent read even if you don't actually do the program.