varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Getting bored with eggwhites and tuna

I tried searching the recipe thread but most of the recipes are complicated, I don't have much to work with and eating egg whites multiple times per day is starting to take a tole on me (scrambled for breakfast, hardboiled in salads, mixed in protein pancakes). The same thing with tuna...I'm having a hard time finding decent tuna recipes and I can't tolerate eating it plain anymore. Any help would be great!

trace1P167 is just really nice. (+1000) trace1P167 is just really nice. (+1000) trace1P167 is just really nice. (+1000) trace1P167 is just really nice. (+1000) trace1P167 is just really nice. (+1000) trace1P167 is just really nice. (+1000) trace1P167 is just really nice. (+1000) trace1P167 is just really nice. (+1000) trace1P167 is just really nice. (+1000) trace1P167 is just really nice. (+1000) trace1P167 is just really nice. (+1000)
    oh gosh I wish I could have egg whites. I found out I was allergic to them and I didn't appreciate egg whites like I should have before!!

For tuna...I mix it with avocado, chickpeas (oregano/black pepper) and a vegan "mayo" mix and I eat it a few times a week. It's very refreshing and never gets old.
    It's funny, isn't it? How one moment can change a million after it.

"You're at the controls" KC5280's Avatar
    KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was very tired of egg whites also. Now that I'm bulking and eating a lot more carbs, I mix my egg whites with old fashioned rolled oats. I add cinnamon and splenda to taste and about 3/4 c. blueberries! Then I scramble them until they're done. Very delicious for a change (they do turn out a very strange color) but still yummy! Hubby and I call these "sweet eggs". :-)

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tilapia + favorite seasoning in pan over medium. Cook until done.

Ground meat (beef/chicken/turkey) + favorite seasoning. Smash together. Either form into patties or continue to work it into chunks. Cook in pan over medium until done (may need to drain off fat half way through cooking).

Cube chicken or beef, put into gallon sized ziploc bag with favorite marinade/favorite seasoning and let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Cook on medium high until meat starts to firm and reduce to medium heat until you feel meat is almost done (cut one of the bigger chunks in half). Drain fat, return to medium high to char the outside.

Start there. Cook in bulk so you don't have to cook often. Experiment with more difficult things where you need multiple ingredients and need to cut stuff up as time goes on.

kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you just looking for some other ways to eat them or new recipes in general?

I recently started mixing my egg whites with cottage cheese and salsa. Great change up!! Same thing with tuna- cottage cheese and mustard.

As far as changing it up
    ~ one of my fav snacks is breaded chicken (dip chicken in egg whites, bread with ground oatmeal/almonds, bake in oven on baking rack) dipped in Mustard.
    ~ Greek yogurt, scoop of whey, berries. yummy!
    ~ ground turkey, greek yogurt, sweet potatoes, cinnamon mixed together
    ~ Ground chicken, cottage cheese, salsa mixed together

just a few of my Favies

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ew, I hate eggwhites and tuna!! However I have found a way to make it work.

I make a scramble every morning of various items in the fridge...my favorite is "ceviche eggs" - I chop up red onion, tomato, cilantro, avocado and shrimp/mahi/tilipia (whatever) and marinate in lime juice overnight. Then I throw that in the skillet to warm it a little, then throw 3 egg whites in there and make a scramble. Good news is you can't taste the eggs. Then I either eat it like that or throw it in a flat out wrap. VERY yummy.

As for tuna, I like it mediterrean style (which you can make a batch for 4-5 meals and put it in the fridge). I mix it with chopped red onion, diced cucumber, roasted garlic hummus, brocolli sprouts, and shredded cheese and put it in a flat out wrap.

OR if I am really feeling lazy I'll buy a plain rotesserie chicken, pull apart the breasts and shred it, throw that together with some quartered grapes, red onion, low fat mayo or greek yogurt, slivered almonds, diced tomato and put that in a flat out wrap (notice the trend here).

Try the Cooking Light website, I've gotten so many tips on easy peasy stuff to make with low calorie foods, I couldn't survive on plain egg whites or tuna, I would go insane. Be creative!
    Karen