SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Refeed discussion

I've heard (and read) many times people talking about this idea of a refeed. I'm not 100% sure I understand what it actually is, and how to properly do it. So I thought I'd ask you all your thoughts on it. Here's a few questions:

1. What is a refeed and how do you do it properly?
    2. Does it actually work?
    3. When should someone take this approach?

I have been losing weight pretty steadily since November 2014. I am down 95 pounds. In the time I have been losing weight, it has come of at a steady, predictable rate. All along I knew that as I got smaller, the weight would come off slower. Right now however, things have come to an apparent screeching halt. My routine hasn't changed. I have changed my macros along the way and feel that they are in line with where they should be. I'm curious if this refeed I am hearing about is something I should consider.
    ~Former 300 Pound Club Member~

340 Pounds to 210 Pounds!

sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1. Typically it is a high carb, moderate protein and low fat for a day or two. At or slightly above maintenance calories
    2. Yes, it can work if used appropriately
    3. When one is low in body fat is my opinion. <10% for guys and <20% women.

Could be time for you to do a couple days eating normally, then go back into your diet calories.
    I do IF (LeanGains protocol) since Aug 2013
    Been Lifting religiously since Feb. 1995
    I eat what I want, to the number of calories I need based on my current goals.

SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaminPA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Excellent. Thanks for the reply. Your idea to just eat normally is what I decided to do last night. I'm on my days off from the gym and figured now might be a good time to eat a bit above maint and see what happens.
    ~Former 300 Pound Club Member~

340 Pounds to 210 Pounds!

sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Give it a go for a couple days, then go back to your diet.
    Enjoy the rest.
    I do IF (LeanGains protocol) since Aug 2013
    Been Lifting religiously since Feb. 1995
    I eat what I want, to the number of calories I need based on my current goals.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Carb refeeds only below 10% bodyfat and that's only if your glycogen is depleted due to a chronic low carb diet.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SaminPA View Post
    I've heard (and read) many times people talking about this idea of a refeed. I'm not 100% sure I understand what it actually is, and how to properly do it. So I thought I'd ask you all your thoughts on it. Here's a few questions:

1. What is a refeed and how do you do it properly?
    2. Does it actually work?
    3. When should someone take this approach?

I have been losing weight pretty steadily since November 2014. I am down 95 pounds. In the time I have been losing weight, it has come of at a steady, predictable rate. All along I knew that as I got smaller, the weight would come off slower. Right now however, things have come to an apparent screeching halt. My routine hasn't changed. I have changed my macros along the way and feel that they are in line with where they should be. I'm curious if this refeed I am hearing about is something I should consider.

Losing 95 pounds has a way of closing the gap you opened with your origial and even subsequent deficit.

How much of a total calorie reduction have you made thus far?

What are your current macro goals?

I think a refeed wont do you much any good. A diet break for a period may recharge you to take on the next level of cutting, which will may well require a calorie reduction.

1 day of eating wont do anything long term to let you eat more. Its very likely you will need to eat less to keep moving forward.

Have you ever intentionally or unintentionally taken time off the diet?
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl