A new chapter begins... jqnmartinez's Avatar
    jqnmartinez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jqnmartinez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jqnmartinez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jqnmartinez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jqnmartinez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jqnmartinez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jqnmartinez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jqnmartinez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jqnmartinez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jqnmartinez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jqnmartinez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Arms and Hands go numb at night??

So for a good while now my arms and hands are going numb at night. I sleep on my sides with one arm underneath my pillow and I'll usually rotate every couple of hours due to the numbness and sometimes pain. I'm guessing it has something to do with benching heavy weight, maybe carpel tunnel, or pinched nerve? I'm not really worried about what causes it because it only happens at night. For the past couple of months I've had a hard time getting my size back. My diet is better than it was in the past when I was seeing good results and I feel I'm more educated now then I was this time last year and I definitely get my protien in. Could my arms going numb at night have something to do with me not seeing results? I've been trying harder than ever to be a beast in the gym (lifting heavy). A lightbulb went off in my head that thought maybe since my arms are going numb (poor circulation) = muscles not growing properly? Make sense to anyone else?

bag3lbit3s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Diagnosing anything over the internet isn't the best or easiest thing. Maybe take your arm out from underneath your pillow and see if it still goes numb?

Go see a doctor if you're worried about it there's tons of things that can cause numbness. For example, Diabetes...no easy way of diagnosing that online.

xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What part of your hands go numb? If it's the outside portion, mainly the pinky and outer part of the ring finger, you have ulnar neuropathy(aka cubital tunnel syndrome). It's when the ulnar nerve gets irritated or compressed, usually when the elbow is bent. The cubital tunnel is located in the elbow. Fix is unfortunately, to not bend the elbow...

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1141515-overview

If it's the opposite part of your hand - thumb, index finger, middle finger, the median nerve is affected. This is the nerve that gets pinched in carpal tunnel syndrome, but the pinching occurs in the wrist. Not sure what the treatment for this is.

I get the first one all the time whenever my elbows are bent for a period of time, which is when sleeping.

Is it one of the two? You can google more on ulnar nerve/median nerve, or cubital tunnel and carpal tunnel to find out more.

edit: If it's your ENTIRE hand AND your arms... then you're just sleeping on your arm and probably cutting off circulation. If it's only limited to the hand, and a specific side of the hand, see above...