Page 200 of 250 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 6,000 of 7477
    SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MiscMathematician View Post
    Im not sure what parts (a) and (b) represent in number 1. In part (b), are you concluding anything? All proofs should end with a clear conclusion drawn from what you have done
    1a) Prove that if a subset {u_1, ... , u_p} is linearly dependent in V, then the set of coordinate vectors {[u_1]_B, ... , [u_p]_B} is linearly dependent in R^n.

1b) Prove that if the set of coordinate vectors {[u_1]_B, ... , [u_p]_B} is linearly dependent in R^n, then the subset {u_1, ... , u_p} is linearly dependent in V.
    War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength.

SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000) SCAR-H is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The manipulations you have done are file. Maybe a little more explanation? For example, you seem to be using [u]_B=[v]_B implies u=v. Is that covered in "1-1"?
    For some x,y in V

let [x]_B = [y]_B

Given that x -> [x]_B is a 1-1 linear transformation from V onto R^n, isn't it true that x = y?

yes, of course it's true. But i dont know what you're working with, i thought 1-1 referred to a theorem. if you know about 1-1 linear transformations, then you can directly state

Assume c_1[u_1]_B+...+c_k[u_k]_B =[0]_B

then

[c_1u_1+...+c_ku_k]_B = c_1[u_1]_B+...+c_k[u_k]_B = [0]_B

so

c_1u_1+...+c_ku_k = 0.

This proves (b) it by the definition of linear dependence, and doesn't need any division, solving for one if the u_i's, etc.
    luls yeah, that's exactly what he did when I went to his office hours. Thanks again.

iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I need some guidance.

A= the set of all positive integers R = {(x,y)} | x and y are prime numbers:
    Reflexive:
    Symmetric:
    Transitive:

With this question I'm confused: Could I use (1,1) as a counter example because 1 Is a positive integer in A. OR do I just have to use STRICTLY prime numbers? I'm kinda confused on the logic behind the question. I partially understand what to do & how to do it.
    Fresh out the neg prison.
    Went in benching 1 plate
    Left benching 3 nomsayin?

charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iDontExistHere View Post
    I need some guidance.

A= the set of all positive integers R = {(x,y)} | x and y are prime numbers:
    Reflexive:
    Symmetric:
    Transitive:

With this question I'm confused: Could I use (1,1) as a counter example because 1 Is a positive integer in A. OR do I just have to use STRICTLY prime numbers? I'm kinda confused on the logic behind the question. I partially understand what to do & how to do it.
    x and y both have to be prime numbers.
    Rog crew
    TB Lightning

iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDontExistHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by charity4thepoor View Post
    x and y both have to be prime numbers.
    I thought for reflexive a counter example could be (1,1) since it is on the set of positive integers.
    (reflexive deals with the entire set not just prime numbers right?)
    So it wouldn't be reflexive.
    It would be symmetric tho because for all (x,y) *strictly prime on the set of positive integers* (y,x) would be prime
    Also it would be transitive because for (x,y,z) all prime int. (x,z) would also be prime.
    Went in benching 1 plate

ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iDontExistHere View Post
    I thought for reflexive a counter example could be (1,1) since it is on the set of positive integers.
    (reflexive deals with the entire set not just prime numbers right?)
    So it wouldn't be reflexive.
    It would be symmetric tho because for all (x,y) *strictly prime on the set of positive integers* (y,x) would be prime
    Also it would be transitive because for (x,y,z) all prime int. (x,z) would also be prime.
    Maybe you are misunderstanding the question?

"R={(x,y)} | x and y are prime numbers}:"

In words this says, R equals the set of ordered pairs, (x,y), such that x and y are both prime numbers.

By definition, 1 is not a prime number, thus your counterexample doesn't make sense.
    Trading/Investing Thread Crew
    Math Thread Crew
    Poker & Sports Betting crew

**1st Team All Sports Misc**
    Portland Trail Blazers Crew
    Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon

Originally Posted by ctownballer04 View Post
    Maybe you are misunderstanding the question?

"R={(x,y)} | x and y are prime numbers}:"

In words this says, R equals the set of ordered pairs, (x,y), such that x and y are both prime numbers.

By definition, 1 is not a prime number, thus your counterexample doesn't make sense.
    You're right. I was thinking reflexive dealt with ALL positive integers. not just prime numbers. So what is the purpose of the " A = all positive integers"?
    Went in benching 1 plate

ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was helping this cute girl with graphing hyperbolas today.

You know how you draw that imaginary box, where the asymptotes pass through it diagonally?

I kept saying stuff like "where is your box going to be?", "thats a nice box", "show me your box", "what does your box look like?" etc. She laughed erry time.

And then it hit me.
    rofl
    Trading/Investing Thread Crew
    Math Thread Crew
    Poker & Sports Betting crew

**1st Team All Sports Misc**
    Portland Trail Blazers Crew
    Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon

Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

You know how you draw that imaginary box, where the asymptotes pass through it diagonally?

I kept saying stuff like "where is your box going to be?", "thats a nice box", "show me your box", "what does your box look like?" etc. She laughed erry time.

And then it hit me.
    You just confirmed yourself to be a miscer and mathematician in one post.

charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

And then it hit me.
    lmfao. you da GAWD
    Rog crew
    TB Lightning

And then it hit me.
    pissening
    Went in benching 1 plate

PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

And then it hit me.
    Not a single reeses was thrown that day.

That being said I should be studying for my 2 day final.

Democrats are terrorists cncman's Avatar
    cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

And then it hit me.
    "If you don't vote for me you ain't black!" - Plantation Joe Biden

Wreck em
    Hook em
    Glory to Aubernia!

CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got my exam back from Stats. I got a 100%

Now we're doing Hypothesis Testing which is apparently the most challenging he says. My professor told me most the students aren't doing so well. We had about 12 drop the class so far. But it doesn't seem difficult so far. I am working on Testing when the Deviation is known. Next is unknown. Then we have an excel project, another short chapter on Linear Regression, then the final

The Lifting Statistician Clydesdale1991's Avatar
    Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A Constant and a Function of X are walking down the street.

The Function of X says "Let's take that alley way and save some time."

Constant says "No, I see a Derivative down there...he'll turn me to Zero!"

Function of X says "I'm not scared...he can't turn me to Zero"

Function of X walks down the alley and right up to the Derivative and says "Hey, I'm Function of X."

The Derivative responds "Hey I'm d/dt."

Have I proven myself?
    Can I join the club?
    Last edited by Clydesdale1991; 11-20-2015 at 10:56 AM.
    Misc Pizza King:
    "Get rekt *******s, the pizza king is here." - MrBourbon

*HTC*

YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Clydesdale1991 View Post
    A Constant and a Function of X are walking down the street.

The Function of X says "Let's take that alley way and save some time."

Function of X says "I'm not scared...he can't turn me to Zero"

Function of X walks down the alley and right up to the Derivative and says "Hey, I'm Function of X."

Have I proven myself?
    Can I join the club?
    Every constant may be viewed as a function on any domain (in particular as a function of x), so I think this joke needs rewording
    Kroger Carbmaster vanilla milk crew

Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clydesdale1991 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by YokedBrah View Post
    Every constant may trivially be viewed as a function on any domain (in particular as a function of x), so I think this joke needs rewording
    I think my joke works fine.
    Last edited by Clydesdale1991; 11-20-2015 at 11:32 AM.
    Misc Pizza King:

*HTC*

y=4 certainly is a function.

I'm an idiot you're right...still think the joke works.

Been a while....passes the vertical line test.
    Misc Pizza King:

*HTC*

I saw this joke a few years ago as e^x

Anything works as long as it isn't a function of t.

Terrible calculus joke...but I like it.
    Misc Pizza King:

*HTC*

it works better with e^x, since he says something like "he can't do sh*t to me"

Yeah I like it better....been about 5 years since I heard that joke.
    Misc Pizza King:

*HTC*

it works better with e^x, since he says something like "he can't do sh*t to me"
    Twice as good if you use e^2x.....

Anyone.....anyone.....
    Misc Pizza King:

*HTC*

Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Chesssbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Clydesdale1991 View Post
    A Constant and a Function of X...

That guy checkin' in

Not bad but k = 0 is a constant, so if the constant function were mapping to zero to begin with, why should it worry?

Originally Posted by Chesssbrah View Post
    That guy checkin' in

Not bad but k = 0 is a constant, so if the constant function were mapping to zero to begin with, why should it worry?
    Dammit people.......

Technically you aresholes are right......

A Constant, whose properties do not include being a function of a variable or the number Zero, and the function e^(x) are walking down the street.

e^(x) says "Let's take that alley way and save some time."

e^(x) says "I'm not scared...he can't do sh%t"

e^(x) walks down the alley and right up to the Derivative and says "Hey, I'm e^(x)."

Edit: Not mad at you guys, being corrected means I can fix problems.

On another note, I was recently helped a ton by my departments systems administrator with some computer problems.

In response to said help, I decided to make him a T-shirt as a gift. He comes to me sometimes and likes to talk about math.

Anyone want to see the shirt? If you like cryptography/number theory, you'll like it.
    Last edited by Clydesdale1991; 11-20-2015 at 11:56 AM.
    Misc Pizza King:

*HTC*

killakms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) killakms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) killakms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) killakms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) killakms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) killakms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) killakms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) killakms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) killakms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) killakms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) killakms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So is this like a math tutor place? Is it open to all types of math including arithmetic and pre-alg?

Originally Posted by killakms View Post
    So is this like a math tutor place? Is it open to all types of math including arithmetic and pre-alg?
    I'm sure people are willing to help as long as you are reasonable with the request.

What's the problem?
    Misc Pizza King:

*HTC*

YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    My favorite math joke:

What do a topologist and a horny miscer have in common? All they care about are the existence of holes.
    Kroger Carbmaster vanilla milk crew

cryptograhy/algebra/numthy are my fav subjects. lets see it
    Had to cut out most of it so it would fit on the shirt. Also had to pick the shortest quote about helping others, thus the 30 digit prime numbers.

http://www.customink.com/designs/liy...t-_-viewbutton

Will take a screen cap in a sec and attach to this post when Iget a chance for those that are wear of links.

Systems Admins name is Liyun for reference.

Cut off the encryption process and just showed the process of obtaining the keys and decrypting the message.

Edit: He's an older guy that likes math so I thought this would be a cool present.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Clydesdale1991; 11-20-2015 at 12:55 PM.
    Misc Pizza King:

*HTC*

did he catch the mistake?
    Heh?

Edit: What is das mistake homie?

Edit2: You can't just say that and not say what the mistake is....lol
    Last edited by Clydesdale1991; 11-20-2015 at 01:08 PM.
    Misc Pizza King:

*HTC*

just messin with you bro. ill check it out later, have to finish up some work
    Damn...almost had a heart attack checking through the math.

Was like, everything works!!! What's wrong......AHHHHH

It's a bit busy...but I'm not an artist so I think it looks ok at least.

I think you'll like it.

Edit: Also made it an attachment as well, so people who don't want to click a link to another website.

Attached it on this post as well.
    Attached Images
    Misc Pizza King:

*HTC*

Page 200 of 250 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 ... LastLast