Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    u mirin?

--------------------- ϞϞ( ๑⚈ ․̫ ⚈๑). ---------------------
    --- Still-plays-PokemonGo-in-2022 Crew ---

rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    brahs, recommend me a telescope.
    Last edited by rockkilic; 03-27-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    “Procrastination most often arises from a sense that there is too much to do, and hence no single aspect of the to-do worth doing. . . . Underneath this rather antic form of action-as-inaction is the much more unsettling question whether anything is worth doing at all.” Mark Kingwell

The Stim Junkies Crew

2k+

ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by obmas View Post
    u mirin?

Nice brah.

If you want to see other seasons they are all on youtube.

obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ausurfer View Post
    Nice brah.

If you want to see other seasons they are all on youtube.
    I have unlimited bandwidth and a year of usenet subscription, but I'd rather just buy something like this. I also like watching in full HD =)

Gunn21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gunn21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gunn21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gunn21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gunn21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gunn21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gunn21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gunn21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gunn21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gunn21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gunn21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rockkilic View Post
    brahs, recommend me a telescope.
    I've been thinking of getting this one myself.

http://www.telescope.com/Telescopes/...CategoryId=398

$349, but it seems to be one of the more recommended telescopes for a beginner. They have some cheaper ones of their site too if you don't want to spend that much.

rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockkilic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Gunn21 View Post
    I've been thinking of getting this one myself.

http://www.telescope.com/Telescopes/...CategoryId=398

$349, but it seems to be one of the more recommended telescopes for a beginner. They have some cheaper ones of their site too if you don't want to spend that much.
    That thing is huge lol, I was thinking something more compact so I can bring it while I travel.
    “Procrastination most often arises from a sense that there is too much to do, and hence no single aspect of the to-do worth doing. . . . Underneath this rather antic form of action-as-inaction is the much more unsettling question whether anything is worth doing at all.” Mark Kingwell

The Stim Junkies Crew

2k+

m_levin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m_levin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m_levin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m_levin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m_levin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m_levin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m_levin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m_levin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m_levin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m_levin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m_levin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wasn't sure where else to post this. I have a story for everyone (if you've never read it before) and its always been very inspirational to me. Enjoy

The Egg

You were on your way home when you died.
    It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death.
    The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.
    And that’s when you met me.
    “What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”
    “You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.
    “There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”
    “Yup,” I said.
    “I… I died?”
    “Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.
    You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”
    “More or less,” I said.
    “Are you god?” You asked.
    “Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”
    “My kids… my wife,” you said.
    “What about them?”
    “Will they be all right?”
    “That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”
    You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman.
    Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.
    “Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you.
    Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”
    “Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”
    “Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”
    “Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”
    “All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”
    You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”
    “Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”
    “So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”
    “Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”
    I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine.
    A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold.
    You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.
    “You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness.
    If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”
    “How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”
    “Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”
    “Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”
    “Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”
    “Where you come from?” You said.
    “Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”
    “Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”
    “Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”
    “So what’s the point of it all?”
    “Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”
    “Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.
    I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”
    “You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”
    “No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”
    “Just me? What about everyone else?”
    “There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”
    You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
    “All you. Different incarnations of you.”
    “Wait. I’m everyone!?”
    “Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.
    “I’m every human being who ever lived?”
    “Or who will ever live, yes.”
    “I’m Abraham Lincoln?”
    “And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.
    “I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.
    “And you’re the millions he killed.”
    “I’m Jesus?”
    “And you’re everyone who followed him.”
    You fell silent.
    “Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself.
    Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”
    You thought for a long time.
    “Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”
    “Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”
    “Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”
    “No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”
    “So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”
    “An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”
    And I sent you on your way.

What happens when 2 black holes collide?

The Stim Junkies Crew

2k+

ZillionGeniuses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZillionGeniuses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZillionGeniuses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZillionGeniuses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZillionGeniuses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZillionGeniuses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZillionGeniuses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZillionGeniuses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZillionGeniuses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZillionGeniuses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZillionGeniuses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    brb starting up a ufo ship.

RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is a nice thread I haven't been able to read all the posts.

Incidentally a friend of mine posts videos and information on science etc in his website www.allgoodread.com

I should ask him to see this thread too.

-------------------------------------------------------
    A friend's website:
    www.allgoodread.com

MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    phuck so glad to find a thread with astronomy info.

sub'd

MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thread is going a bit slow, if some people want to get into the details a little bit more than you can get from youtube / popsci videos there are huge vaults of videos of lecture presentations of astronomical observations and instrumentation on a few institution websites, and you can learn from the people who are working on astronomy every day.

eg. this is a video on the James Webb space telescope, the successor to the Hubble telescope, planned to be launched in 2018:

http://vmsstreamer1.fnal.gov/Lecture...flash/main.htm

takes some concentration and focus but you know what you're getting is the real thing, and not something embellished and exaggerated by journalists and producers, like you see on television.

MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissouriBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just read all 11 pages of this thread..

mind= blown.

Assistant MISC FC Manager DeetsandWatsons's Avatar
    DeetsandWatsons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeetsandWatsons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeetsandWatsons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeetsandWatsons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeetsandWatsons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeetsandWatsons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeetsandWatsons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeetsandWatsons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeetsandWatsons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeetsandWatsons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DeetsandWatsons is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MissouriBrah View Post
    Just read all 11 pages of this thread..

mind= blown.
    ^^^ THIS holy sheet, I need to attend a Neil Degrasse Tyson lecture he is aboslutely amazing, yet can talk to the "average" person. This thread reminds about when I first read this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future ( I know its wiki but it completely shattered my mind). Trying to wrap my head around the concept of far distance and time.
    YNWA

New York Giants- New York Rangers- Pool

I max what you rep StupidWheels's Avatar
    StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in for mind blowing thread. two years late is better than never at all right?

Pajiko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pajiko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pajiko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pajiko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pajiko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pajiko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pajiko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pajiko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pajiko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pajiko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pajiko will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Originally Posted by Pajiko View Post
    Wow. A simulated universe. I dont even know what to say.
    "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." - Benjamin Franklin

1983 Jeep CJ-7 owner

*Bulkin' crew*
    *Were all gonna make it crew*
    *MidWest Crew*
    *Wish i could think of more crews crew*

PinaKoala is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinaKoala is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinaKoala is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinaKoala is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinaKoala is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinaKoala is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinaKoala is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinaKoala is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinaKoala is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinaKoala is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinaKoala is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Seann_ View Post
    1st

Edit: A few facts from an article by Neil deGrasse Tyson.

-There are 100,000 times as many stars in the universe as sounds and words ever uttered by all humans who have ever lived.

-Dark matter and dark energy make up 94 percent of the universe. We can measure their existence, yet we have no idea what they are.

-With chemical elements forged over 14 billion years in the fires of high-mass stars that exploded into space, and with these elements enriching subsequent generations of stars with carbon, oxygen, nitrogen and other basic ingredients of life itself, we are not just figuratively but literally made of stardust.

-Since light takes time to travel from one place to another, the farther out in space you look, the farther back in time you see. With our most powerful telescopes, we can observe the universe all the way back to its earliest moments -- all the way back to the Big Bang itself.

Other facts:

-It's a small world. More than 1,000 Earths would fit into Jupiter's vast sphere.

-The brightest astronomical event in historic times was the supernova of 1054, which produced the Crab Nebula. The supernova was far brighter than Venus. It was bright enough to be visible in daylight and to cast a shadow at night. We know of it through the astronomical records of China, Japan, and the Middle East

-Since the invention of the telescope, no supernovae have been observed within our galaxy. Supernovae were recorded in 1572 and 1604, while Hans Lippershey invented the telescope in 1608 and Galileo was the first to turn his telescope skyward in 1609

-The matter in the universe is so thinly dispersed that the universe can be compared with a building twenty miles long, twenty miles wide, and twenty miles high, containing only a single grain of sand.
    Wow these are some mind-blowing facts. I have always been extremely interested in the universe... whether it be the stars, planets, or the reasons for its existence. I wouldn't mind becoming an astronaut one day haha.

thisthreadisrelevanttomyinterests.jpg :-)

BradArone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradArone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradArone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradArone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradArone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradArone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradArone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradArone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradArone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradArone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradArone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Through the wormhole is very interesting indeed, hits on some very interesting points about not only outer space but particle physics itself would definitely recommend the watch
    I thought i was natty until i found out there is creatine in beef...

Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Seann_ View Post
    More tidbits on the universe.

-There are more stars than all of the grains of sand on earth.
    I once did some calculations on how many grains of sand there are -- on the order of 10^21. Actually the question I was trying to answer was whether there were more grains of sand than atoms in a mol (6 * 10^23).

It's actually pretty close. Number of stars is estimated at between 10^22 and 10^24. That means that there's roughly a star for every atom in 200g of gold, and for each gram there are as many atoms as grains of sand on the earth.

Last episode of The Universe was pretty awesome

Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” - Mahatma Gandhi.

☆ Mighty Matts that Appreciate pUniCepts Appreciation Crew Appreciation Crew ☆ Founder ☆

Steal fat, make soap. Bababooey100's Avatar
    Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There was stuff before the big bang. Reposted from Rogan's board. This comes from Roger Pemrose, not some crazy psudoscientist.

Professor Roger Penrose says that cosmic radiation discovered by one of NASA's telescopes is older than the Big Bang.
    The researcher shows that the cosmic radiation background (CMB) formed in concentric circles that had cooled to a temperature of -270C over the 14 million years since the universe came into being.
    Prof Penrose and his colleague Professor Vahe Gurzadyan of the Yerevan State University in Armenia claim to have 12 examples of the circles, some of which have five rings - meaning that the objects had five massive events in their history.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sc...-1226393063285

Some more intradasting stuff I came across:
    http://cosmometry.net/

I'm going to have to consume massive amounts of tobacco to even contemplate that site.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Originally Posted by Mighty Matt View Post
    thats a great vid.
    "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." - Benjamin Franklin

1983 Jeep CJ-7 owner

*Bulkin' crew*
    *Were all gonna make it crew*
    *MidWest Crew*
    *Wish i could think of more crews crew*

sneed's feed and seed Coonsmell's Avatar
    Coonsmell is a complete loser! (-2000) Coonsmell is a complete loser! (-2000) Coonsmell is a complete loser! (-2000) Coonsmell is a complete loser! (-2000) Coonsmell is a complete loser! (-2000) Coonsmell is a complete loser! (-2000) Coonsmell is a complete loser! (-2000) Coonsmell is a complete loser! (-2000) Coonsmell is a complete loser! (-2000) Coonsmell is a complete loser! (-2000) Coonsmell is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by m_levin View Post
    Wasn't sure where else to post this. I have a story for everyone (if you've never read it before) and its always been very inspirational to me. Enjoy
    mind = blown

Who wrote this? First time I've ever seen it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llNR8gqiyr0

Originally Posted by Bababooey100 View Post
    There was stuff before the big bang. Reposted from Rogan's board. This comes from Roger Pemrose, not some crazy psudoscientist.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sc...-1226393063285

Some more intradasting stuff I came across:
    http://cosmometry.net/

I'm going to have to consume massive amounts of tobacco to even contemplate that site.
    interdasting.

Kinda supports the multiverse theory, doesn't it?

lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000)
    anyone here work professionally in physics or astronomy?
    Nov 04-fatass @40%bf

Jan 06- buff(apparently) @ ermm i dunno, still have a gut though,

long term goal= jacked @ 7% bf, get the damn abs to show themselves

Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000)
    interdasting.

It could also be an echo from what ever the big bang banged into. You know that what ever his theory is is going to try to be dis proven. This would mean there was something there before the big bang and there's a lot of high profile physicists that are on record saying there was nothing. Something intradasting will come of this though.

I've thought about taking some college classes again just so I can get better at math so I can understand some of the physics behind these theories. I can understand them from a logic perspective, but get lost when I look at the numbers. Damn our public education system designed to make us compliant non-thinking sheep.

MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    interdasting.

Being from Penrose I think this is in line with his CCC universe theories. So rather than multiverses, it's along the lines of there being one universe which turns into another one, and so on.

The paper (the 2010 one to which your news article refers) has its critics...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conform...mpirical_tests
    In 2010, Penrose and V. G. Gurzadyan published a preprint of a paper claiming that observations of the cosmic microwave background made by the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe and the BOOMERanG experiment showed concentric anomalies which were consistent with the CCC hypothesis, with a low probability of the null hypothesis that the observations in question were caused by chance.[5] However, the statistical significance of the claimed detection has since been questioned. Three groups have independently attempted to reproduce these results, but found that the detection of the concentric anomalies was not statistically significant, in the sense that such circles would appear in a proper Gaussian simulation of the anisotropy in the CMB data.[6][7][8] The reason for the disagreement was tracked down to an issue of how to construct the simulations that are used to determine the significance: The three independent attempts to repeat the analysis all used simulations based on the standard Lambda-CDM model, while Penrose and Gurzadyan used an undocumented non-standard approach.[9]
    Originally Posted by Bababooey100 View Post
    his would mean there was something there before the big bang and there's a lot of high profile physicists that are on record saying there was nothing.

Who has gone on record to say this? It's certainly not a mainstream view.
    Last edited by MiKey4; 06-22-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Originally Posted by MiKey4 View Post
    Being from Penrose I think this is in line with his CCC universe theories. So rather than multiverses, it's along the lines of there being one universe which turns into another one, and so on.

The paper (the 2010 one to which your news article refers) has its critics...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conform...mpirical_tests

Who has gone on record to say this? It's certainly not a mainstream view.
    500 years ago the sun being at the center of the solar system wasn't a mainstream view.