colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50)

is this correct? trying to lose 2-3 lbs/week

workout days: aiming for 2,500 cals (im 6'1 215)

200g protein
    100g fat
    100g carbs

non workout days (1800 cals -too low?)

ive lost 8 lbs in the past 10 days. no joke. eating 1800 cals/day but think i should up that on workout days?was eating crap before that. but, im worried im not maximizing my muscle building-while-cutting potential.

mad reps.

-E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The reason you have lost 8lbs in 10 days is likely down to about 2-3lbs fat lost, a few pounds lost through water weight and generally carrying less in your stomach when weighing yourself.

What are your maintenance calories? try to eat around 300 under maintenance on workout days and you should still be able to build some muscle if you continue training, a pound of fat is 3500cal so try to work out a calorie deficit that will leave you 7000cal under maintenance in the week.

colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50) colbytim will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i guess im confused about how to find out my maintenance. so many people telling me different things....

-E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50)

right on! thanks man. maintenance is 2700. fat loss is 2200 and extreme fat loss is 1750. guess i should be somewhere closer to 2200 than to 1750....

yeh, i'd say eat around 2300 on workout days and 1900 on non-working days. you don't want to go too low otherwise your body will enter a panic mode and start storing any calories you do give it, if you wish to at least put on some muscle, then i'd recommend the calories i said earlier, good luck!

MarineNdAmAkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You shouldn't be trying to lose three pounds a week (2.5+ = muscle loss)

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by colbytim View Post
    right on! thanks man. maintenance is 2700. fat loss is 2200 and extreme fat loss is 1750. guess i should be somewhere closer to 2200 than to 1750....
    Get your protein and you will be fine anywhere in that range. Personally I don't find life very much fun if I'm eating under 2,000 calories per day. At some point the lower calories start to drain your energy. Some people notice it more than others.

Run with any diet for 3 FULL WEEKS before making any adjustments.

1st week is meaningless.....as you just found out...the body swings can be drastic
    2nd week shows direction nothing more....you now see you are going to lose weight...no surprise..
    The 3rd full week is when you really see the normal results...the body has stabilized on the diet.

Good Luck! Looks like you are on the right path.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.