jonah300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can i lose 50 pounds in 13 weeks on this diet? I need it

So i ll have my wedding in 90 days,and i need to lose something close to 50 pounds.

I have 13 weeks so the plan is to lose 3.8 pounds per week.

I will try to follow a kind of steak and eggs diet that will consist in 3 meals per day,but i will switch the steak with chikcen and tuna so i dont get boring and will eat brocoli in 2 of the 3 meals.

I will have a carb meal (sushi or spaghetti) once every 5 days.

I will lift as heavy as possible 4-5 times a week and will have 4 sessions of HIIT cardio and 2 LISS cardio per week.

The meal plan should be something like:

11.30 AM- Chicken breast,1 egg

3 PM- A can of tuna,brocoli,1 egg

9 pm- Steak,2 eggs

If someday i am very hungry in the morning i will have a Protein shake

So i will weigh in tomorrow but i think its going to be near 121 kg...2 weeks ago i was 115...but last two weeks i binge like a pig so i guess the first 10 pounds (5kg) will come out fast and easy.

Do you think its doable? any advice u guys can give me?

Do u think i can be in 90-95 ks in 13 weeks?

Do u think my mind and body can resist this diet?

Thanks a lot

Jonah

cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If the deficit is there and it doesn't exceed around 30 calories/pound of fat, then yes it's possible to lose that much fat without sacrificing other tissue. I lost 50 pounds in < 11 weeks. I am currently around 158 pounds of LBM and weigh 210 total. My initial goal is 180 at 12-13% BF which, as long as my LBM stays the same or increases, that's where I'll be when I reach 180: 158/0.88 = 179.55

So, yes, it's possible. It will take discipline and a task-oriented mind, but it's possible. As far as exercise, the only cardio I do is boxing. Of course, I lift about 5x/week, too. Good luck.

EDIT: Didn't read your first sentence. Drop the 50 pounds but DON'T get married. Okay, that's all
    Last edited by cyco85; 07-13-2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: NO MA'AM
    Barely decent crew

PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not possible.

50 lb defecit in 13 weeks @ 3500kcal per lb lost = defecit of 175,000 calories

That's 13,461 calories defecit per week, or -1923 per day to lose ~3.8 pounds per week. That is a huge fraction of your maintenance calories, and would probably have you eating under 1000 calories per day. That is not sustainable.

You'd be losing a tremendous amount of lean mass, and on a defecit like that your metabolism would be nil. I'd be interested to hear how cyco85 pulled that off, unless he was a lot heavier than you to begin with.

EDIT: I don't want to sound overly negative here. 13 weeks is plenty of time to make a huge, "photo obvious" difference - but make sure your goals are realistic and healthy. You don't want to look like you just came out of surgery in your wedding photos.
    negged for hating on pop tarts

cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PirateFace View Post
    I'd be interested to hear how cyco85 pulled that off, unless he was a lot heavier than you to begin with.
    Not a thread hijack but maybe this will share some insight.

My stats/progress is in my sig. I started at 260 and I estimate I was around 40% BF. Of course, this estimate is based on my current BF% and I just worked backwards assuming my LBM was about the same in mid-April (not putting on much muscle taking in 1200-1600 calories, afterall). And if I did lose some in the process of losing weight, then my BF was actually lower, so 40% is a safe bet. I am currently just under 25% and weigh 210. Until I started gaining weight at 19, I was extremely athletic (skateboarding, martial arts, football) pretty much all day and night.

04/16-05/01: All I did was cut out soda and not overstuff myself...pretty simple. In this period I lost about 10 pounds but it was probably mainly water weight.

05/05: My wife left me and I decided to get serious since I am back on the market and counted all calories and started lifting weights.

05/06 - 06/10: My caloric intake was LOW probably around 900-1200 / day, however I had enough BF to sustain the large deficit without sacrificing other tissue per the "rule" 30 cals/pound of fat max deficit. I was also very depressed and didn't have much of an appetite. When I ate, it was fruit/veggies/lean meat (as it is now). But instead of laying around and crying, I started boxing like I was training to fight Rocky and lifting weights. EDIT: I forgot I was doing at least 500 pushups and around 100 crunches per day.

06/11 - Present: Caloric intake is around 1300-1900 and I change it up every 3 days or so but average around 1600/day over the week. I lift as heavy as I can (in the 4-8 max rep range) and I eat a lot of skinless chicken breast. I box and another recent form of cardio is mosh pits at hardcore, metal, and punk shows.

I drink about a gallon of water / day when I am at home but a little less when I am at the office (3 days/week). That's how I am doing it and it's working for me.
    Last edited by cyco85; 07-13-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    Barely decent crew

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jonah300 View Post

.....i need to lose something close to 50 pounds.....

.......I have 13 weeks so the plan is to lose 3.8 pounds per week....
    So what happened to your April plan to lose 2.2 pounds per week? That was more reasonable, but it seems you couldn't handle it.

What makes you think you can lose 3.8 pounds per week now?

It is better not to diet than to keep yo-yoing your body.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So i ll have my wedding in 90 days,and i need to lose something close to 50 pounds.
    So i will weigh in tomorrow but i think its going to be near 121 kg...
    No. You are going to fail.

You should have started a long time ago. Since you did not, you should make realistic goals and shoot for them. Your goals are utterly unrealistic and unobtainable. Worse, even if you do manage to somehow reach your goal, you will have done so in a manner which will cause you to lose a lot of lean weight and you will be worse off because of it.

In 90 days for a beginner who is roughly 250 pounds, you should probably shoot to lose 2 to 3 pounds for the first half of it and maybe 2 pounds a week as you drop more weight at the end.

If you lose 20-30 pounds in 90 days that would be very, very good.

Otherwise
    - diet doesn't look very good
    - I wouldn't even attempt HIIT until you're in better shape. Stick to low-impact for awhile and slowly test your ability to handle the HIIT
    - Training heavy is generally a good idea while cutting
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

jkbanman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkbanman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bathroom breaks maybe "interesting" with a diet like that, unless your going to be eating alot of that brocoli.

PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    cyco, that's pretty impressive, but I'm not sure I would call it healthy and it isn't a rate of weight loss that I would recommend (over a month eating only 900-1200kcal with extreme exercise). 500 pushups per day? Wow.

Keep up the progress, but I hope you do consider how everything impacts your overall health (not just the number on the scale).
    negged for hating on pop tarts

Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    So what happened to your April plan to lose 2.2 pounds per week? That was more reasonable, but it seems you couldn't handle it.

What makes you think you can lose 3.8 pounds per week now?

It is better not to diet than to keep yo-yoing your body.
    Do u think i didnt stick to my plan because i didnt want it to?

I lost 50 pounds between december and march...i went strcitly clean on my diet and went to the gym 7 days a week....i was in a point where i couldnt eat a chicken breast or an egg white...so i planned to give it a break for a month and then on may ,but the last two months i couldnt be consistent on it.

Thats how today i realized i am 3 months away and want to make a fresh start.

if u think its not possible ,thats great...i just think a more polite answer than "if u couldn make it before u wont do it now" could be more constructive.

Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    No. You are going to fail.

You should have started a long time ago. Since you did not, you should make realistic goals and shoot for them. Your goals are utterly unrealistic and unobtainable. Worse, even if you do manage to somehow reach your goal, you will have done so in a manner which will cause you to lose a lot of lean weight and you will be worse off because of it.

In 90 days for a beginner who is roughly 250 pounds, you should probably shoot to lose 2 to 3 pounds for the first half of it and maybe 2 pounds a week as you drop more weight at the end.

If you lose 20-30 pounds in 90 days that would be very, very good.

Otherwise
    - diet doesn't look very good
    - I wouldn't even attempt HIIT until you're in better shape. Stick to low-impact for awhile and slowly test your ability to handle the HIIT
    - Training heavy is generally a good idea while cutting

J thanks for the answer...maybe 50 pounds is a lot...to be honest, right now i wear size 40 in my pants...i dont care about the weight..if i can wear a size 36 i will be happy no matter how many pounds i lose...i just think that with 95 kgs i will be in shape,thats why i thought about that number.

About the HIIt ,i played soccer my entire life ,even i played 2 years on the national soccer team under 17 years old so i am used to aerobic training...and even right now with the over weight i can run 400 mts in a minute and 100 mts under 12 seconds....thats why i wanted to try HIIt but u could be right that with the overweight my knees could get hurt

cyco, that's pretty impressive, but I'm not sure I would call it healthy and it isn't a rate of weight loss that I would recommend (over a month eating only 900-1200kcal with extreme exercise). 500 pushups per day? Wow.

Keep up the progress, but I hope you do consider how everything impacts your overall health (not just the number on the scale).
    I still do 300+ pushups a day in addition to my weight training (just got back to my desk from another set of 30 . Looking back (haha to 6 weeks ago!), yeah it wasn't healthy but it is possible and I don't think I sacrificed much lean mass. If I did, then well, it's already done but 158 pounds of LBM is not bad to start out with and before I even thought about the numbers I said I wanted to be down to 180 at 12% BF (which is where I was at when I was 18) and that's exactly where my current LBM would put me at 180.

My current deficits are much lower and I do feel a sh!t ton healthier than I did when I was doing really low-cal/exercising literally all day. I am looking forward to having a Before/After avatar The first one when I am around 190 pounds marking 70 pounds weight loss!

The the OP: Take the advice of the posters above me and aim for 2.2 pounds/week. Losing 30 pounds will still look good. But, the best advice would be to NOT get married
    Barely decent crew

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

......Do u think i didnt stick to my plan because i didnt want it to?....
    Everyone WANTS to stick to a plan, but when the plan is bad they FAIL.

You are now making another unreasonable plan and yet you somehow think it will work this time?

You need a reasonable diet....a lifestyle change....something you can LIVE WITH FOREVER....kinda like a new wife.

Build a reasonable diet that will help you lose 1-2 pounds per week. A reasonable diet that you can stay on long AFTER your wedding. A reasonable diet that will take you down to your ultimate goal weight....even if that ends up being next year sometime.

Forget about 50 pounds in 13 weeks....how about 20???.... You can probably do that, feel good, and be happy to continue on long term...
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Buy Lyle's Rapid weight loss book. Best way to spare LBM while trying to lose weight fast IMO.

JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustNavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Please dont try to lose almost 4 pounds a week!
    Im that kid, Im the kid who lifts more than you with perfect form, Im the kid who leaves his ego before walking to the gym, Im the kid that respects you if you respect him, Now you know me, Im that kid :)

My name is Navid and I've won the 2013 BNBF British Championships at the age of 19.

I rep back Twice (srs) - The best Coder/Designer you will ever find! PM if you need something done (PHP/Ajax/CSS/Mysql) -

ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not possible.

50 lb defecit in 13 weeks @ 3500kcal per lb lost = defecit of 175,000 calories

That's 13,461 calories defecit per week, or -1923 per day to lose ~3.8 pounds per week. That is a huge fraction of your maintenance calories, and would probably have you eating under 1000 calories per day. That is not sustainable.

You'd be losing a tremendous amount of lean mass, and on a defecit like that your metabolism would be nil. I'd be interested to hear how cyco85 pulled that off, unless he was a lot heavier than you to begin with.

EDIT: I don't want to sound overly negative here. 13 weeks is plenty of time to make a huge, "photo obvious" difference - but make sure your goals are realistic and healthy. You don't want to look like you just came out of surgery in your wedding photos.
    This just about takes every word out of my mouth...or um, letters off my keyboard.
    Iron. Boxing. NFL. Mob stuff. New York City breed.

fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    its going to be rough, and with the keto-like diet you're going to get a head-start with some water-weight loss, but realistically you're going to need to lose at least 45 lbs of fat within the next 3 months. 3.5lbs/week does translate into something shy of 2k cal deficit/day.

things you could do -
    1.) increase cardio
    2.) reduce cals

so that means you need to eat 1k cals/day (and not cheat) and burn 3k. Your BMR is probably somewhere a little over 2k so you need to add 1k cals of exercise. Run for 60 minutes and that may do it for you at that weight.

OR you could try eating 1500 cals which is slightly more reasonable but still in the realm of possibility and burn an extra 500 cals - morning and afternoon/night cardio + lifting every day would probably do this.

BroGetEm is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroGetEm is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroGetEm is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroGetEm is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroGetEm is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroGetEm is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroGetEm is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroGetEm is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroGetEm is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroGetEm is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroGetEm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cyco85 View Post
    Not a thread hijack but maybe this will share some insight.

My stats/progress is in my sig. I started at 260 and I estimate I was around 40% BF. Of course, this estimate is based on my current BF% and I just worked backwards assuming my LBM was about the same in mid-April (not putting on much muscle taking in 1200-1600 calories, afterall). And if I did lose some in the process of losing weight, then my BF was actually lower, so 40% is a safe bet. I am currently just under 25% and weigh 210. Until I started gaining weight at 19, I was extremely athletic (skateboarding, martial arts, football) pretty much all day and night.

04/16-05/01: All I did was cut out soda and not overstuff myself...pretty simple. In this period I lost about 10 pounds but it was probably mainly water weight.

05/05: My wife left me and I decided to get serious since I am back on the market and counted all calories and started lifting weights.

05/06 - 06/10: My caloric intake was LOW probably around 900-1200 / day, however I had enough BF to sustain the large deficit without sacrificing other tissue per the "rule" 30 cals/pound of fat max deficit. I was also very depressed and didn't have much of an appetite. When I ate, it was fruit/veggies/lean meat (as it is now). But instead of laying around and crying, I started boxing like I was training to fight Rocky and lifting weights. EDIT: I forgot I was doing at least 500 pushups and around 100 crunches per day.

06/11 - Present: Caloric intake is around 1300-1900 and I change it up every 3 days or so but average around 1600/day over the week. I lift as heavy as I can (in the 4-8 max rep range) and I eat a lot of skinless chicken breast. I box and another recent form of cardio is mosh pits at hardcore, metal, and punk shows.

I drink about a gallon of water / day when I am at home but a little less when I am at the office (3 days/week). That's how I am doing it and it's working for me.
    This guy knows exactly what he's talking about. This is a well-researched issue and is supported by science. It's why losing that last five pounds is such a bastard, but losing the first five (after water weight) is so much easier. The difficulty of course is sticking with the diet and exercise plan.

So weighed in today 120.2 kg or 265 pounds...im almost sure than by monday 26th i will be on 115 kg that was my weight for the last two months...i had two horribles weeks on my diet the last two,so i think i am carrying a lot of water weight right now

I bring my food to my job,2 meals one consist of chicken and 1 egg,another one a can of tuna an one egg.

Will go to the gym at noon on my lunch break...will work chest and biceps and then 15 minutes hiit cardio.

I have to bowl a tournament at night so my dinner will me steak before bed

Going to update here daily with the diet and weight...training will be much the same two muscles and cardio.

Wish me luck

Jonah

xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I will try to follow a kind of steak and eggs diet that will consist in 3 meals per day,but i will switch the steak with chikcen and tuna so i dont get boring and will eat brocoli in 2 of the 3 meals.

I will have a carb meal (sushi or spaghetti) once every 5 days.

I will lift as heavy as possible 4-5 times a week and will have 4 sessions of HIIT cardio and 2 LISS cardio per week.

The meal plan should be something like:

11.30 AM- Chicken breast,1 egg

3 PM- A can of tuna,brocoli,1 egg

9 pm- Steak,2 eggs

If someday i am very hungry in the morning i will have a Protein shake

So i will weigh in tomorrow but i think its going to be near 121 kg...2 weeks ago i was 115...but last two weeks i binge like a pig so i guess the first 10 pounds (5kg) will come out fast and easy.

Do you think its doable? any advice u guys can give me?

Do u think i can be in 90-95 ks in 13 weeks?

Do u think my mind and body can resist this diet?

Thanks a lot

Jonah
    50 pounds = .454 * 50 = 22.7 kilos
    assume 100% fat loss this would require a total calorie deficit of 22.7*7700 =

13 weeks = 13*7 = 91 days

174,790/91 = 1920 calorie deficit per day

Conclusion: I could safely bet a weeks wage that you couldn't possibly achieve this without looking worse than you already do.

However your original question was based on weight and not fat - so weight coming from water could make the equation a little better - however still pretty much out of the question.

Ancher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ancher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ancher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ancher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ancher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ancher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ancher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ancher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ancher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ancher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ancher is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ive read that some people lose a bunch of weight quickly doing that PSMF. But 600-900 cals daily for someone our size. Sounds scary.

TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I sometimes think people don't do the internal math necessary to compute how hard it would be to lose 4 lbs a week on a consistent basis. One you get past water weight, that's a 14,000 kcal weekly deficit (or 2,000 calories daily).

That means you would need a 1,000 calorie deficit from food and a 1,000 calorie deficit from exercise every single day for three months. And for most people that means a diet around 1200 calories and about 2 hours of cardio. No cheat days. No off days.

So, no, it's not impossible, but the level of dedication it would take is unreal and only a few people can do that. Even losing 25 lbs in 3 months is tough. If I were you, I'd shoot for ~ 20 lbs and do the best you can. Setting realistic goals is an extremely important factor in success.

Originally Posted by TheNewestGuy View Post
    I sometimes think people don't do the internal math necessary to compute how hard it would be to lose 4 lbs a week on a consistent basis. One you get past water weight, that's a 14,000 kcal weekly deficit (or 2,000 calories daily).

That means you would need a 1,000 calorie deficit from food and a 1,000 calorie deficit from exercise every single day for three months. And for most people that means a diet around 1200 calories and about 2 hours of cardio. No cheat days. No off days.

So, no, it's not impossible, but the level of dedication it would take is unreal and only a few people can do that. Even losing 25 lbs in 3 months is tough. If I were you, I'd shoot for ~ 20 lbs and do the best you can. Setting realistic goals is an extremely important factor in success.
    Why people find it so hard to diet at 1200 cals?

When i binge eating or cheat on my diet its not because i am hungrer, its because i have a PROBLEM with food,because if i were hunger, i could eat 6 eggs whites,2 protein shakes,2 apples,a chicken breast,etc,but no ..i eat a snicker,an ice cream,a chocolate, a donut....so i think the problem is the mind change not the hunger.

I think the you could have plenty of clean food on a 1200 cals diet...the 2 hours cardio its right...i think thats a lot.

But u guys are correct maybe 50 pounds is a lot...but i think 20 i can achieve that in a month and a half putting the diet on check after a couple of weeks of bad eating habits.

Maybe i should rephrase my goal and question...can i go for a size 40 to a size 36 in 90 days?

Thanks a lot for all the answers and please if u can follow my progress here

MACHZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MACHZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MACHZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MACHZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MACHZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MACHZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MACHZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MACHZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MACHZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MACHZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MACHZ is on a distinguished road. (+10)

When i binge eating or cheat on my diet its not because i am hungrer, its because i have a PROBLEM with food,because if i were hunger, i could eat 6 eggs whites,2 protein shakes,2 apples,a chicken breast,etc,but no ..i eat a snicker,an ice cream,a chocolate, a donut....so i think the problem is the mind change not the hunger.

I think the you could have plenty of clean food on a 1200 cals diet...the 2 hours cardio its right...i think thats a lot.

But u guys are correct maybe 50 pounds is a lot...but i think 20 i can achieve that in a month and a half putting the diet on check after a couple of weeks of bad eating habits.

Maybe i should rephrase my goal and question...can i go for a size 40 to a size 36 in 90 days?

Thanks a lot for all the answers and please if u can follow my progress here
    You can't really go by pants size either as some people lose weight in different places on their body so even if you are losing weight fast your pants size may or may not change quickly.

If I was you I would set my goal even if it is high and bust ass to meet it, even if you don't make it and progress you make in the right direction is a win.

Registered User WilliamChappell's Avatar
    WilliamChappell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilliamChappell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilliamChappell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilliamChappell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilliamChappell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilliamChappell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilliamChappell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think you can easily lose 30 pounds in three months.. and probably even 40..

hit it hard, peoples opinions will only make you train harder.

TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    1200 calories in a day is not hard.

1200 calories, every day for 90 days is hard.

Couple that with having to burn an additional 1000kcalories a day, every day for 90 days and you have a recipe for failure.