DoMiNo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My New Diet Plan... Help?

Hey all, I joined a couple weeks ago and have been lurking through the BB.com threads since then, reading up on macros, diet plans, healthy foods, etc etc. I put together a diet plan below, and I'd appreciate any feedback/suggestions. Once I'm confident about my diet plan I'll start putting together a workout plan.

Weight: 192
    Current Body Fat: 21% (according to a gym trainer)
    Target Body Fat: 10-12%

Macros
    I came up with these target numbers after reading through a few threads on here, and articles elsewhere on the internet.

Protein: 240g (960c)
    Carbs: 275g (1100c)
    Fat: 40g (360c)
    TOTAL: 555g (2420c)

Daily Consumption
    These are the foods/servings I plan to intake on a daily basis, broken up over 4-5 meals. I'll also be drinking a gallon of water a day, taking multivitamins, as well as L-Glutamine before and after my workouts.

Food................Protein.....Carbs.....Fat.......Serving
    Tuna.................41............0..........5... .......1 can
    Egg Whites.........26............2..........0......... .1 cup
    Chicken..............43...........0..........5.... .......1 breast
    Protein Powder....100..........6..........20.........4 scoops
    Rice..................4.............45.........0.. ........1 cup
    Pasta................7.............42.........1... .......1 serving
    Beans................8.............23.........0... .......1 serving
    Bread................10............42.........4... .......2 slices
    SoyMilk..............6.............46.........10.. ......2 cups
    Lettuce.............1..............4..........0... .......3 oz
    Bananas............2..............51.........1.... ......1 banana
    Raspberries........1..............15.........1.... ......1 cup
    TOTALS............249..........276.......47

PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The foods on the list look pretty solid. What is your maintenance daily calorie level that you're assuming, and what defecit are you trying to achieve?
    negged for hating on pop tarts

Originally Posted by PirateFace View Post
    The foods on the list look pretty solid. What is your maintenance daily calorie level that you're assuming, and what defecit are you trying to achieve?
    Thanks. My maintenance level is about 2,800 cals, and I read somewhere that you should deduct about 300-400 off that if you want to cut fat quick - so that's where I got the 2,400 cal number from.

TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks solid brosef. If it were me though, I would up the protein and fats, and decrease the carbs. But I would also cycle carbs :-)
    Proud Latin Rite Catholic Disciple of Jesus Christ

"Lust indulged became habit, and habit unresisted became necessity."
    - St. Augustine

PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DoMiNo87 View Post
    Thanks. My maintenance level is about 2,800 cals, and I read somewhere that you should deduct about 300-400 off that if you want to cut fat quick - so that's where I got the 2,400 cal number from.
    That's solid. Just know that losing a pound of weight, which is typically 75% fat 25% LBM, requires a net loss of 3500 calories. A defecit of 400 per day sets you up to net -2800 per week, so less than a pound.

It'll work, but recognize that the progress will be slower than it could be. I'll second what TomEst said, you could definitely handle losing some of the carbs - I would probably pick one of the rice or pasta or bread - if you want to create a larger defecit. 240g protein is enough.

Originally Posted by TomEst View Post
    Looks solid brosef. If it were me though, I would up the protein and fats, and decrease the carbs. But I would also cycle carbs :-)
    About how much would you recommend?

Protein - 50%
    Fat - 30%
    Carbs - 20%

?

Originally Posted by PirateFace View Post
    That's solid. Just know that losing a pound of weight, which is typically 75% fat 25% LBM, requires a net loss of 3500 calories. A defecit of 400 per day sets you up to net -2800 per week, so less than a pound.

It'll work, but recognize that the progress will be slower than it could be. I'll second what TomEst said, you could definitely handle losing some of the carbs - I would probably pick one of the rice or pasta or bread - if you want to create a larger defecit. 240g protein is enough.
    Sweet, thanks for the tips. I'll rearrange my list and substitute some carbs for more proteins/healthy fats

Originally Posted by DoMiNo87 View Post
    Sweet, thanks for the tips. I'll rearrange my list and substitute some carbs for more proteins/healthy fats
    Just remember that if you want to increase your defecit (and at -400, you don't need to but it would speed up your progress) that you're cutting out the carbs and not replacing those calories. I think you have enough protein as is. You could safely add some healthy fats, definitely.