NewbayLifta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey Protein Shakes

Should i be drinking these in the morning, before working out, after working out, and at night if im trying to lose weight. If you cant count thats 4 shakes being about 104g of protein from shakes alone. Im doing the Spartacus workout btw.

Some sort of feedback would be cool

PaulyBee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaulyBee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaulyBee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's pretty much what I've been doing, just make sure the shakes fit into your caloric deficit. You want to aim for 1.5x your body weight in protein, some people even go for 2x. So around that amount of protein is good. In terms of the spartacus workout though, I suggest you go look at beginner routines instead until you get your compounds down and get a solid base. Then you can start experimenting with different kinds of routines etc.
    Bulking and cutting at the same time

PaulyBee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaulyBee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaulyBee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also mix your pre-bedtime whey with milk or some sort of fat to slow down the digestion, so that your body is slowly fed protein for as long as possible during your sleep and doesn't go catabolic

Well ive already got a decent base as ive been lifting for about 6 months, im fairly lean at about 14% BF i just wanna get that down to around 11-12%. And i will definitely drink it with some milk at night,

Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I take mine right after my workout. On off days I drink it in the morning.

yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ye after workout is the best time to take it. You can also take it in the morning or at night before bed,but i only do it pre workout. Depends on what your trying to do. What protein supplement are ya usin man?

Goodluck

I just use the Optimum nutrition gold standard 100% whey

dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Is it good to take the whey mixed in milk post workout? Or will it just be a waste?

Originally Posted by dontgetmad View Post
    Is it good to take the whey mixed in milk post workout? Or will it just be a waste?
    Kindof pointless because post-workout you want quickly-absorbed protein sources and milk just slows down the absorption

dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dontgetmad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So I should take it with water right after a workout and maybe towards bedtime with milk? I'm using the gnc amp whey

.Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PaulyBee View Post
    Kindof pointless because post-workout you want quickly-absorbed protein sources and milk just slows down the absorption
    Never heard of that before,

Do you have anything to back that claim up?
    "Every great achievement was once considered impossible."

-----Best lifts-----
    Squat: 395x1
    Bench: 275x1
    Deadlift: 430x6
    ------------------

5/3/1 Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125248671

Reps for posting