ew1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

In what way do flyes develop the chest?

What makes them different to benching? Do they work a certain area of the chest or what ?

Thanks.

HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I find them overrated (personaly)

The movement doesn't feel natural to me. I use flyes mainly for stretching at the end of my workout (as a static holding exercise)

But that is my personal opinion

They say they add more width to the pecs

watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Atrainer flyes are the best mass builder
    -Roger Stone's on the loose; quislings on the run.
    -of Nolibs "Donald stumped him & everyone else in the race, even Lyin' Ted Cruz!"
    -Donald trump tears a hole,destroys my self esteem... And trump could win it all,my rightful place from birth,dad i've let you down,dub i've made you...hurt
    -Donald for a long time, Donald for a long time, Go tell that syphilis tongued liar
    -Now this nation that I love has fallen under attack,
    Through our DJT,
    we lit up the cucks,
    Like the fourth of July

Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I also find them extremely overrated as an exercise, after a large amount of experimentation i maintain that weighted dips are the most superior exercise for the chest.
    Live dangerously and you live right.

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jippo View Post
    I also find them extremely overrated as an exercise, after a large amount of experimentation i maintain that weighted dips are the most superior exercise for the chest.
    This + benching = big chest.

talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    but dont those also involve a lot of the lats?

it makes sense that the more stress you put on the chest, the bigger/stronger it gets

idk, im a total newbie, correct me at will

but just my thoughts
    ******** AESTHETICS CREW

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable"- Socrates

JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    they are suppose to be for aesthetic purposes...

DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JAC4146 View Post
    lolwut?

Flyes are at the core of my chest workouts because I believe they've helped my chest grow greatly. However, before them comes either incline/flat DB press, combo of both, and chest dips.

Do them as a final exercise, or superset them with incline presses.

Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by talligator View Post
    but dont those also involve a lot of the lats?

it makes sense that the more stress you put on the chest, the bigger/stronger it gets

idk, im a total newbie, correct me at will

but just my thoughts
    Dips are just an all round awesome exercise for the upper body, for a number of months now i've primarily only used weighted dips and overhead press variants for my pressing work and i think it's plenty. I think benching is also fairly overrated, unless you need to do it to be tested for sports etc i just don't find it to be a hugely functional/useful lift.

These days there seems to be some strange fascination with trying to get a massive chest when in reality big strong shoulders and traps and a low bodyfat is what makes your upper body look powerful. Big bulging pecs erring on the side of drooping tits doesn't make you look jacked.
    Live dangerously and you live right.

HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dips are just an all round awesome exercise for the upper body, for a number of months now i've primarily only used weighted dips and overhead press variants for my pressing work and i think it's plenty. I think benching is also fairly overrated, unless you need to do it to be tested for sports etc i just don't find it to be a hugely functional/useful lift.

These days there seems to be some strange fascination with trying to get a massive chest when in reality big strong shoulders and traps and a low bodyfat is what makes your upper body look powerful. Big bulging pecs erring on the side of drooping tits doesn't make you look jacked.
    The lifters of old focused on overhead presses and dips for that exact reason

AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JAC4146 View Post
    Not necessarily. Most Sheiko variations have db flyes as the main accessory lift to bench press. It's a purely powerlifting, dual factor program.

To answer the original question, it's an isolation movement vs a compound. There's no stress on triceps or deltoids, all chest.
    "It seems like your goal is not to help."

log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517853&p=960218773&viewfull=1#post960218773

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AHTTG View Post
    Not necessarily. Most Sheiko variations have db flyes as the main accessory lift to bench press. It's a purely powerlifting, dual factor program.

To answer the original question, it's an isolation movement vs a compound. There's no stress on triceps or deltoids, all chest.
    "you must spread reputation...blablabla..."
    Time To Re-Schedule

Originally Posted by AHTTG View Post

Flyes are a accessory lift for the bench press? For which part of the lift? Just curious.

DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HolyMoly View Post
    Flyes are a accessory lift for the bench press? For which part of the lift? Just curious.
    It simply means that once you tax your chest with a compound move such as the bench press, you can then finish off your chest with this isolation movement, focusing entirely on the pecs.

AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HolyMoly View Post
    There's very little information from Sheiko himself, so I really don't want to speak for him. But, here's the most widespread excel sheet on his programs. It was put together by a poster here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/17976027...2008.08.25.xls

29, 30 and 31 for example all have db flyes following almost every bench session. Considering how successful his trainees have been, it can't be all THAT useless.
    "It seems like your goal is not to help."

log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517853&p=960218773&viewfull=1#post960218773

Originally Posted by DerReise View Post
    It simply means that once you tax your chest with a compound move such as the bench press, you can then finish off your chest with this isolation movement, focusing entirely on the pecs.
    I would understand it in a bodybuilding context. But sheiko is a strenght building routine, to add numbers. So that's why I asked.

talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50) talligator will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I see. Dude that makes total sense. In fact, I was considering building parallel bars for dips in my basement, you just added more reason for doing so. But thanks, man! Great logic, great advice!

repped
    ******** AESTHETICS CREW

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable"- Socrates

But one question here. How do you strap weight to yourself for these weighted dips? (I'm assuming these are also good for pullups)
    ******** AESTHETICS CREW

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by talligator View Post
    But one question here. How do you strap weight to yourself for these weighted dips? (I'm assuming these are also good for pullups)
    weight belt is the best way IMO. just a leather belt with a chain. a book bag with weight i hear works well and holding a DB between your feet if you can manage it
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good isolation exercise to burn out the chest at the end of your chest routine. It certainly is not a mass builder since you are using substantially lighter weight. Like I said, It is great at the end of your routine to burn out the chest and really get the blood pumping into those chest fibraz. I think it really benefits in establishing better mind/muscle connection.