IrishBulldawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBulldawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBulldawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBulldawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBulldawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBulldawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBulldawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBulldawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBulldawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stopped Drinking Daily, First day gym

I drank for a good 7 years and lost everything. Im 28 and haven't lifted weights in years. First day at gym sucked, lifted more back as freshmen. I need to stay focused and motivated. advice, thanks

greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Everyday you put in the work you're getting closer to where you want to be. It's probably gonna be tough for a while, but it'll be worth it if you keep at it. Congrats on wanting to start something positive.

vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just get into a routine and keep at it brah. If you miss a workout, feel bad and guilty about
    it and tell yourself you'll go twice as hard tomorrow.
    **CANADIAN CREW**

Get ripped, or die trying...

heavybreaker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) heavybreaker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) heavybreaker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) heavybreaker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm 26 and have done pretty close to the same thing as with drinking and I just haven't pushed myself to go to the gym because there would be those nights I would want to drink and skip the gym. I hated myself for the last few years doing that.

Keep at it, I'm only on day 9 and I have to say it sucked last week, hell even today after my run I felt like sh*t for a few hours. But it's my goal that keeps me going and the alcohol to a minimum.

Keep it up, make goals, and never look back

Good luck bud!

Vikingblood666 is a name known to all. (+5000) Vikingblood666 is a name known to all. (+5000) Vikingblood666 is a name known to all. (+5000) Vikingblood666 is a name known to all. (+5000) Vikingblood666 is a name known to all. (+5000) Vikingblood666 is a name known to all. (+5000) Vikingblood666 is a name known to all. (+5000) Vikingblood666 is a name known to all. (+5000) Vikingblood666 is a name known to all. (+5000) Vikingblood666 is a name known to all. (+5000) Vikingblood666 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IrishBulldawg View Post
    I drank for a good 7 years and lost everything. Im 28 and haven't lifted weights in years. First day at gym sucked, lifted more back as freshmen. I need to stay focused and motivated. advice, thanks
    An Ipod and some caffeine pre-workout supps will keep you focused. Listen to some upbeat music this will keep you focused and in the game.

grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    getting back in the gym after a break always sucks a lot. I had a minor fracture on my wrist and couldn't lift for 6 months. I wasn't a big guy, but I went every 4 days a week just to not get fat. Those two months trying to get my strength back were miserable....

but with determination and maintaining the routine you'll get there.

Congrats on not drinking btw. It's definitely something that is over rated and causes a lot of problems (I understand completely... run ins with the law, reputation ruiner, and relationship ender)

mjohns2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, it's imperative that you stay away from the environments that encourages you to drink until you're mentally ready to hang-out with friends and drink water while they drink beers. If your family and friends are anything like mine, you'll need to have an excuse they can relate to for not drinking. I tell my brothers/friends that I'm hung over from the night before and need more water.

MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Good luck on drinking my Irish bro! Stay positive!!!