Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Workout Order of Meals

I'm trying to get a good understanding of what's best for me post workout. I typically finish working out around 8-8:30pm. My gym is only 1 mile away, and as soon as I get home I down a protein shake (Myofusion). I then wait about 1-2 hours, and eat a small protein packed meal before bed.

My question is... should I perhaps eat my small meal immediately after working out, and then have the protein shake before bed? I only say this because Myofusion is not a Whey protein so I would think it more slowly absorbs into your body. Maybe food would absorb at the same speed, but I'm trying to figure out the best order here? Or, does it not matter?
    Don't forget to use your strongest muscle - Your Mind.
    It will make your body better!

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's unlikely to make a difference.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I agree with Marius.

The whole amount of food/macros/fluid taken during the whole day is much more important than timing.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Time2BulkUp View Post
    I'm trying to get a good understanding of what's best for me post workout. I typically finish working out around 8-8:30pm. My gym is only 1 mile away, and as soon as I get home I down a protein shake (Myofusion). I then wait about 1-2 hours, and eat a small protein packed meal before bed.

My question is... should I perhaps eat my small meal immediately after working out, and then have the protein shake before bed? I only say this because Myofusion is not a Whey protein so I would think it more slowly absorbs into your body. Maybe food would absorb at the same speed, but I'm trying to figure out the best order here? Or, does it not matter?
    You have similiar stats as my son...he's an inch taller...he's 17...but, simliar. I could learn from you--he's interested in bulking.

Do you recommend any supps, that are natural ...? that might help with growth? I tell him it takes time...and he is seeing results, but he's not following a bulk diet...(yet) Any help you could provide that brought you to your look in your avi would be helpful--thanks.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

What you eat after training, and how soon you eat it, depends largely on what and when you ate pre workout.

Post you normal daily nutrition plan, so you can get some targeted advice.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    What you eat after training, and how soon you eat it, depends largely on what and when you ate pre workout.

^^^^ This. In fact, you may be just fine going home after the gym and only eating a whole food meal and ditching the shake altogether. As stated above, it really depends on your pre-workout nutrition, as well as where you are regarding hitting target protein and calorie numbers for the day.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    From what I've seen here and there, my son hasn't been good with preworkout meals...so, this advice should help him. He's always more concerned with the postworkout protein shake, meal, whatever...

Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I gather that as long as you keep your daily nutional needs in check, timing isn't as important?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I gather that as long as you keep your daily nutional needs in check, timing isn't as important?
    In regards to daily intake, yes.

As far as Post WO, if you trained in a fed state, (ate a small balanced meal within an hour or so of training), then timing of Post isn't all that important. Eat some protein and carbs in a reasonable amount of time after training, and then get back to regular meals in a few hours, and you're good to go.

What's most important is hitting your macro totals for the day. If you have to consume such a large quantity of food just to be a little above maintainance that's it's hard to eat a lot in just a few meals, spacing out your meals evenly throughout the day would probably make it easier to get in all the food.

Here's a link to a very long, but very informative thread that covers the topic well. If you want to save time, you can skim all of Alan Aragon's posts in the thread by using the 'search' in that thread:

Alan Aragon/ Pre/Post Nutrition http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    You have similiar stats as my son...he's an inch taller...he's 17...but, simliar. I could learn from you--he's interested in bulking.

Do you recommend any supps, that are natural ...? that might help with growth? I tell him it takes time...and he is seeing results, but he's not following a bulk diet...(yet) Any help you could provide that brought you to your look in your avi would be helpful--thanks.
    I personally believe in an all natural diet with a good balance of nutrition. I try to stay away from supplements as much as possible because they're all just chemically made crap out of a lab. But, I do take protein powder, a multivitamin, fish oil and glucosamine. And these are just to support the heart, joints and regular stuff the body can grab extra amounts of when it needs it. My diet consists of mainly the typical high protein foods (tuna, grilled chicken, salmon, steak, eggs, cottage cheese, etc.) and good fats (peanut butter, almonds etc.) with a mix of whole wheat carbs, veggies etc. I watch the calorie counting and go slightly above my maintenance to aid in muscle growth. Your son will need to figure out what amount of food works for him without getting fat. This is a long process and it takes time to find out what works and doesn't. I always say do the cardio too so you can flush out any fat and actually "see" your muscle growth. Always switch up the routine and try to target every body part throughout the week. I workout 3 days per week and do 4 sets for each body part (1 warm up set of 15-20 reps and 3 heavy sets of 8-10 reps).

It will take time and your son has to learn to be patient. It's really a lifestyle change working out, eating right etc. It's good that he's on the kick now. Hopefully he'll stay that way :-)

I personally believe in an all natural diet with a good balance of nutrition. I try to stay away from supplements as much as possible because they're all just chemically made crap out of a lab. But, I do take protein powder, a multivitamin, fish oil and glucosamine. And these are just to support the heart, joints and regular stuff the body can grab extra amounts of when it needs it. My diet consists of mainly the typical high protein foods (tuna, grilled chicken, salmon, steak, eggs, cottage cheese, etc.) and good fats (peanut butter, almonds etc.) with a mix of whole wheat carbs, veggies etc. I watch the calorie counting and go slightly above my maintenance to aid in muscle growth. Your son will need to figure out what amount of food works for him without getting fat. This is a long process and it takes time to find out what works and doesn't. I always say do the cardio too so you can flush out any fat and actually "see" your muscle growth. Always switch up the routine and try to target every body part throughout the week. I workout 3 days per week and do 4 sets for each body part (1 warm up set of 15-20 reps and 3 heavy sets of 8-10 reps).

It will take time and your son has to learn to be patient. It's really a lifestyle change working out, eating right etc. It's good that he's on the kick now. Hopefully he'll stay that way :-)

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me...really. My son will thank you, too, I'm sure. ha Keep up the great work.

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    From what I've seen here and there, my son hasn't been good with preworkout meals...so, this advice should help him. He's always more concerned with the postworkout protein shake, meal, whatever...
    post is daily eating routine.

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you could always have an intra w/o shake. 25grmas protein and carbs(example) if your pre workout meal was more than 2 hours before your w/o. then have a regular meal after. it just depends on what time you go to sleep. i usually eat upon waking and up to bed time.

nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hahaha what the heck is it with these boys and their postworkout protein shake??? My son is a little older (22) but the same way. He'll call me at work "Ma, I'm outta protein and I'm going to the gym straight from work, do you have any in your apartment?" He tries to get the diet down but it's hit or miss. He'll eat a bowl of pasta with eggs or a couple of peanut butter sandwiches and off he goes most of the time.
    At that age they go in spurts ... serious/not serious when it comes to diet.
    When you don't know what you're talking about just stop talking.

You’ll never be old and wise if you weren’t young and crazy.

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    right after i train , i will have 40 gms of waxy / 10 min. later 2 scoops of whey and about an hour after my shake a small protein-carb. meal ( brown rice & chicken or brown rice and tuna )

Originally Posted by nikkiloo2 View Post
    hahaha what the heck is it with these boys and their postworkout protein shake??? My son is a little older (22) but the same way. He'll call me at work "Ma, I'm outta protein and I'm going to the gym straight from work, do you have any in your apartment?" He tries to get the diet down but it's hit or miss. He'll eat a bowl of pasta with eggs or a couple of peanut butter sandwiches and off he goes most of the time.
    At that age they go in spurts ... serious/not serious when it comes to diet.
    HAHA My son and yours would get a long marvelously. haha I don't ask anymore...now that he's driving, I told him, I'll give you my atm card and YOU shop for yourself at the grocery store. haha Not sure if that's always a wise move.

but, he is all about the post workout shake...I dunno nikkiloo! lol