ryanbatchelder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

difference between steroids and pro-hormone?

Hey,
    I'm not taking any of them but just out of curiousity i was wondering what the difference was between steroids and pro-hormones as some people i have seen claim that pro-hormones "dont work and steroids do" so i was just curious.

thank you.

_Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    pro-hormones convert to, while steroids are active as is...

whoever these people are that are making these claims should not be allowed off the short bus for any significant period of time.

DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Prohormone are compounds that enter the body and then are converted into the steroid compound. For example, 1,4-Andro (Bold 200) enters the body and is converted into boldenone.
    Obsession is what lazy people call dedication

Originally Posted by DedicatedToLift View Post
    Prohormone are compounds that enter the body and then are converted into the steroid compound. For example, 1,4-Andro (Bold 200) enters the body and is converted into boldenone.
    Okay thankyou, i think i understand more now.

Originally Posted by _Smitty_ View Post
    pro-hormones convert to, while steroids are active as is...

whoever these people are that are making these claims should not be allowed off the short bus for any significant period of time.

oh i see thankyou

Montreal CanAdian Militia ryanr623's Avatar
    ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also, since the PH's only usually need an extra bond formed, and are so close in structure to the target hormone, the PH in of itself can have anabolic effects as well. The tren PH's (which actually convert to dienelone NOT tren) have very poor conversion rates, yet still illicit profound effects. Most people believe that it is more active and anabolic BEFORE conversion to dienelone.

Point is...... dont listen to those guys anymore.
    Blessed be the lord, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Hockey Season!

kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ryanbatchelder View Post
    Hey,
    I'm not taking any of them but just out of curiousity i was wondering what the difference was between steroids and pro-hormones as some people i have seen claim that pro-hormones "dont work and steroids do" so i was just curious.

thank you.
    Prohormone are converted into the steroid compounds

Originally Posted by ryanr623 View Post
    Also, since the PH's only usually need an extra bond formed, and are so close in structure to the target hormone, the PH in of itself can have anabolic effects as well. The tren PH's (which actually convert to dienelone NOT tren) have very poor conversion rates, yet still illicit profound effects. Most people believe that it is more active and anabolic BEFORE conversion to dienelone.

Point is...... dont listen to those guys anymore.
    sure, i didnt really listen to them in the first place, thanks for the info

2KZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 2KZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 2KZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 2KZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 2KZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 2KZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 2KZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Some 'pro hormones' are actually just steroids. Hope that helps...
    Whiles ur busy making yourself look big, I'm busy making myself lift big - don't under-estimate these 16.5" machine guns!

Bodyweight - 95kg

Lifts:
    180kg Bench (396lbs)
    230kg box squat
    182.5kg ATG squat
    90kg military press
    137.5kg push press
    135kg power clean

smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There is more or less three ways "prohormone" is used. #1 is what is actually correct.

#1 - Prohormone - A compound that is converted by various actions (usually enzymatic) to a targeted steroid. Some are active on their own, such as halodrol - these can be called "prosteroids".

#2 - Prohormone - An oral (many times 17a-methylated) anabolic compound. Some people think that 17a-methylation is what a prohormone is. It's really a characteristic of many oral steroids and prohormones both.

#3 - Prohormone - A "legal" anabolic hormone available OTC - Also incorrect usage. Many of the ones sold as supplements, such as Superdrol (and variants), are really designer steroids and do not convert to anything.

_Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by 2KZ View Post
    Some 'pro hormones' are actually just steroids. Hope that helps...
    really? like...

Originally Posted by smt1 View Post
    There is more or less three ways "prohormone" is used. #1 is what is actually correct.

#1 - Prohormone - A compound that is converted by various actions (usually enzymatic) to a targeted steroid. Some are active on their own, such as halodrol - these can be called "prosteroids".

#2 - Prohormone - An oral (many times 17a-methylated) anabolic compound. Some people think that 17a-methylation is what a prohormone is. It's really a characteristic of many oral steroids and prohormones both.

#3 - Prohormone - A "legal" anabolic hormone available OTC - Also incorrect usage. Many of the ones sold as supplements, such as Superdrol (and variants), are really designer steroids and do not convert to anything.
    1. so h-drol isn't a precursor to turinabol?
    2. who thinks that?
    3. who thinks that?

smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. so h-drol isn't a precursor to turinabol?
    2. who thinks that?
    3. who thinks that?
    1. it likely is, but is also generally regarded to be additionally active on its own
    2. People using it incorrectly here and other forums
    3. People using it incorrectly here and other forums

In terms of #2/#3, people often mix up prohormones, designer steroids, and oral steroids.

2KZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 2KZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 2KZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 2KZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 2KZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 2KZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 2KZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    really? like... ?
    Phera - steroid.
    Superdrol - steroid
    Methyl-test - steroid
    Furuzadrol - non 17a version of a steroid
    Stanodrol - non 17a version of a steroid

and here is turinabol: 4-chlorotestosterone
    H-dol: 4-chloro-17a-methyl-androst-1, 4-diene-3-17b-diol. So H-drol is a better idea of what a PH is although I still think it's more of a DS myself...
    Whiles ur busy making yourself look big, I'm busy making myself lift big - don't under-estimate these 16.5" machine guns!

Bodyweight - 95kg

Lifts:
    180kg Bench (396lbs)
    230kg box squat
    182.5kg ATG squat
    90kg military press
    137.5kg push press
    135kg power clean

Phera - steroid.
    Superdrol - steroid
    Methyl-test - steroid
    Furuzadrol - non 17a version of a steroid
    Stanodrol - non 17a version of a steroid
    the last 2 convert, so they're classified as PHs; the first 3 are active steroids and aren't.

whether a compound is methylated or not (the 17a comment, i'm assuming) isn't indicative of its classification.

the last 2 convert, so they're classified as PHs; the first 3 are active steroids and aren't.

whether a compound is methylated or not (the 17a comment, i'm assuming) isn't indicative of its classification.
    AH right I see, I thought the only difference between stanozolol and pro-stanozolol was this:

17 alpha-methyl-5alpha- androstano [3,2-c]pyrazol-17 beta-ol
    5alpha- androstano [3,2-c]pyrazol-17 beta-ol ...which can also translate (correct me if I'm wrong) to [3,2-c]pyrazole-5alpha-etioallocholane-17beta-tetrahydropyranol?

It may be my eyes playing tricks on me but it appears to be pretty much the same compound bar the 17a methyl? or perhaps the absence of the 17a methylation creates some kind of conversion? I dunno, but they are pretty much on the borderline of being classified as steroids, closer to that than PH I'd say...

Bodyweight - 95kg

Lifts:
    180kg Bench (396lbs)
    230kg box squat
    182.5kg ATG squat
    90kg military press
    137.5kg push press
    135kg power clean

cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've heard some gear is safer than PH's

Dunno if its the truth or not.

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cuttin.bruh View Post

It is. Esp. after you have ran them long enough and want to "stack" them. Better just running AAS.
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

Yes. But the obvious answer is availability of real AAS. Some people aren't clued up and are too naive to find the shady dealer in their gym. So PH's are an alternative. And depends what you mean by safer. Tren isn't gonna have the same liver effects as superdrol but it does have its other more pronounced sides, like the hair loss and deepening of the voice (I know dudes on Tren atm, trust me when I say their hairlines are receding) and of course, Tren d**k. Oh and the more pronounced increase in aggression. Or the weird dreams some of the deca users report. And it's not just one.

AAS still are safer in the respect of liver toxicity (beg to differ with WInny mind you) but then I'd say some of the other sides are more pronounced, particularly acne and the hoarse voice.

I'd still advise to go with real stuff as soon as ur old enough and have access to real sources though, cannot wait til I get started on real Tren...stacked with winny and test

Bodyweight - 95kg

Lifts:
    180kg Bench (396lbs)
    230kg box squat
    182.5kg ATG squat
    90kg military press
    137.5kg push press
    135kg power clean

tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000)

I say subjective in a sense that if you get dirty gear, infection or abscess or whatever else you may run into. If legit and you know what you're doing then yes they are safer and easier on the body.

AAS still are safer in the respect of liver toxicity (beg to differ with WInny mind you) but then I'd say some of the other sides are more pronounced, particularly acne and the hoarse voice.
    Anything 17a-methylated will be at least somewhat hepatotoxic, whether it be PH's, AAS, or what not. If you mean injectables vs. oral, then sure.

The anabolics with the potential for most side effects will tend to be 17aa oral AAS such as Oxymetholone because of the combination of their sheer potency (unlike most PH's) and liver toxicity.

Anything 17a-methylated will be at least somewhat hepatotoxic, whether it be PH's, AAS, or what not. If you mean injectables vs. oral, then sure.

The anabolics with the potential for most side effects will tend to be 17aa oral AAS such as Oxymetholone because of the combination of their sheer potency (unlike most PH's) and liver toxicity.
    Isn't Anadrol meant to be even harsher? I don't think I'd go near them with a barge pole!

Bodyweight - 95kg

Lifts:
    180kg Bench (396lbs)
    230kg box squat
    182.5kg ATG squat
    90kg military press
    137.5kg push press
    135kg power clean

tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ryanbatchelder View Post
    Hey,

thank you.
    This comes from people who have poor diets and muscle mag workouts.
    Fat Man Typing

Originally Posted by tdog69 View Post
    this comes from people who have poor diets and muscle mag workouts.
    lol

Bodyweight - 95kg

Lifts:
    180kg Bench (396lbs)
    230kg box squat
    182.5kg ATG squat
    90kg military press
    137.5kg push press
    135kg power clean

JOWHEY is just really nice. (+1000) JOWHEY is just really nice. (+1000) JOWHEY is just really nice. (+1000) JOWHEY is just really nice. (+1000) JOWHEY is just really nice. (+1000) JOWHEY is just really nice. (+1000) JOWHEY is just really nice. (+1000) JOWHEY is just really nice. (+1000) JOWHEY is just really nice. (+1000) JOWHEY is just really nice. (+1000) JOWHEY is just really nice. (+1000)
    steroidsarecool

Isn't Anadrol meant to be even harsher? I don't think I'd go near them with a barge pole!
    anadrol is a brand name for oxymetholone.

anadrol is a brand name for oxymetholone.
    I seeeee's...

Bodyweight - 95kg

Lifts:
    180kg Bench (396lbs)
    230kg box squat
    182.5kg ATG squat
    90kg military press
    137.5kg push press
    135kg power clean