rockosauras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gotta get rid of the belly...

I'm looking to find some tips or advice. I'm desperately trying to get rid of my beer belly. I feel like I know what I'm doing but getting extremely discouraged with my results. I started out weighing 186 and now I'm at just under 185 after 3 weeks of dieting and exercise. The 1st 2 weeks I was just alternating days between going to the gym and running. This last week I started the P90X which I do everyday and quite enjoy. I don;t stray from the diet much but have had the occasional beer on the weekend and went out to eat with my girl.

A little about my sitch.

26 years old and have always been in good shape except for the last 3 years in which I gained anywhere from 20 - 30 pounds of fat (mostly in the belly)
    5'5"

Daily eating is (Example Yesterday)

6AM - wake up immediatly take a vectron protein shake
    6:30AM - 1 whole egg and 1 egg white scrambled with broccoli or spinach
    8:45AM - Handful of walnut halfs
    11:30AM - 1 can of tuna mixed with some mixed greens and a little bit of olive oil/vinegar dressing and a small handful of grapes
    2:30PM - Spoonful of peanut butter
    5:30PM - Pro 5 Protein shake
    6PM - P90X Workout followed with vectron protein matrix
    7:30PM - Pan fried chicken breast with zuchini
    10PM - Pro 5 Protein shake

Calories average to about 1500 a day

Vits and supps I'm taking

BetaStax Definition Stack (BetaStax, Razor Ripped, and Vectron)
    Pro5 Protein
    100Mg per dose CoQ10
    1.6g Tonalin CLA
    ********* omega 1250
    1,000mg Calcium
    ********* Super MegaMax

Like I said I'm looking for some other tips as I've been at this for 3 weeks with no noticeable results. If I'm doing everything correct and just need to be patient then go ahead and call me a moron and to wait a while. Going to Cabo in April and would like to look stunning.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate anything anyone has to offer.

Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Calories seem a bit low but diet looks fine. Cant see anything that would hinder your gains, unless you've been cheating regularly. If you havent, just tweak your eating plan.

You seem to be on track, just stick with it
    ( ' ' ' ) MISC RUGBY CREW ( ' ' ' )

Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kiwi_Fella View Post
    Calories seem a bit low but diet looks fine. Cant see anything that would hinder your gains, unless you've been cheating regularly. If you havent, just tweak your eating plan.

You seem to be on track, just stick with it
    This, I would suggest cutting out the beer though if you are just writing it off, it can really run a train on cutting if you aren't aware of the calories you are intaking. That being said if you are counting the beer/extra meals in properly you will start to see loss, 3 weeks isn't very long and weight can vary based on water retention when you weigh yourself.

Wait another month and then try, weigh yourself in the morning twice a week on the same days and calculate from there if need be adjust your calories.

gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rockosauras View Post
    I'm looking to find some tips or advice. I'm desperately trying to get rid of my beer belly. I feel like I know what I'm doing but getting extremely discouraged with my results. I started out weighing 186 and now I'm at just under 185 after 3 weeks of dieting and exercise. The 1st 2 weeks I was just alternating days between going to the gym and running. This last week I started the P90X which I do everyday and quite enjoy. I don;t stray from the diet much but have had the occasional beer on the weekend and went out to eat with my girl.

A little about my sitch.

26 years old and have always been in good shape except for the last 3 years in which I gained anywhere from 20 - 30 pounds of fat (mostly in the belly)
    5'5"

11:30AM - 1 can of tuna mixed with some mixed greens and a little bit of olive oil/vinegar dressing and a small handful of grapes

Pro5 Protein
    100Mg per dose CoQ10
    1.6g Tonalin CLA
    ********* omega 1250
    1,000mg Calcium
    ********* Super MegaMax

Like I said I'm looking for some other tips as I've been at this for 3 weeks with no noticeable results. If I'm doing everything correct and just need to be patient then go ahead and call me a moron and to wait a while. Going to Cabo in April and would like to look stunning.

Ok well if youre trying to get rid of stomach fat (belly), cortisol is going to be your #1 enemy... You have 4 times as many cortisol receptors in your abdominal area and it causes fat to be stored their when it gets released (why marathon runners have beer guts).

Honestly id keep workout sessions short and sweet 45 minutes of INTENSE weight-lifting with minimal cardio (15-20 mins) ONLY immediately after your weight-lifting, dont seperate them, thats VERY important... its important because youre still reaching into your fat stores but inhibiting the normal cortisol release that cardio brings in excess.

Keep in mind cortisol is a stressor hormone, any psyhical or mental stress will cause your body to break down muscle/fat for energy and turn it into available energy... any energy that doesnt get used settles where?... YOU GUESSED IT, your abdomen, alchohol ESPECIALLY causes a huge cortisol release... thats why they CALL it a "beer gut".

taking hot baths right after workouts gets rid of a lot of the pain assosciated with intense workouts and helps reduce cortisol also, impact running (especially on sidewalks) causes HORRIBLE cortisol release because its so stressful on your legs... id stick with a eliptical if i were you!

thats the most i can think of, stay clear of liquor and cortisol and you should be doing fine!

fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitguyebt will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up How is your progress

Originally Posted by rockosauras View Post

A little about my sitch.

5'5"

Pro5 Protein
    100Mg per dose CoQ10
    1.6g Tonalin CLA
    ********* omega 1250
    1,000mg Calcium
    ********* Super MegaMax

I am new to bodybuilding.com but have been doing p90x and variations for a year. I am very knowledgeable with a nutrition degree and would like to help you with your diet and learn about your experience with p90x. Has your diet changed since last post are you looking for more answers? send me a message with some more recent specifics like this and let me know how it has been going.