Page 176 of 182 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,280 of 5459
    Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    I agree with that. Keeping a journal definitely helps with accountability and staying organized. I got away from weekly lifting for a few months, and was running more-but I've started balancing the two again. Wish there were more hours in a day.

I know you'll do whatever it is you set out to do. I'm sorry you've been dealing with an injury. That's tough. I'll be following along here, if that's ok.
    WEG, good to see you. Haven't seen you in ages. Hope all is well.

Oh yeah....B....good to see you too brother.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree with that. Keeping a journal definitely helps with accountability and staying organized. I got away from weekly lifting for a few months, and was running more-but I've started balancing the two again. Wish there were more hours in a day.

I know you'll do whatever it is you set out to do. I'm sorry you've been dealing with an injury. That's tough. I'll be following along here, if that's ok.
    I wouldn't have it any other way.

Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post

Thank you sir.

No workout today (doctors orders). Tomorrow will be a typical Friday session, which for me is billed as Full Body Friday. By FBF, I mean, all upper. I have been doing four "regular workouts" M-T (with legs on Thursday), and then a full upper routine, which looks like an Allpro workout, minus legs. I really like the way I have it laid out. Every Friday I add 1 rep to each movement until I get to 12, then I add weight and start over at 8 reps. Makes Fridays fun.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    No workout today (doctors orders). Tomorrow will be a typical Friday session, which for me is billed as Full Body Friday. By FBF, I mean, all upper. I have been doing four "regular workouts" M-T (with legs on Thursday), and then a full upper routine, which looks like an Allpro workout, minus legs. I really like the way I have it laid out. Every Friday I add 1 rep to each movement until I get to 12, then I add weight and start over at 8 reps. Makes Fridays fun.
    I missed it, and obviously haven't gone back, but what has sidelined you? Regardless, prayers ascending for speedy recovery.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post

Hi FIM! Nice seeing you, too...things are going pretty well, thanks. Hope things are good for you.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thank you sir.

I like this idea, and think I'm going to steal it. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like this idea, and think I'm going to steal it. Look forward to seeing your progress.
    I love all of my sessions these days, but Friday is such a departure from the other 4 days, it is hard not to like it. This week is an 8 rep week, so it won't be nearly as taxing as it will be several weeks from now, but I keep the rest periods so short that the low numbers can be deceiving. Usually no more than 45 seconds between sets, and normally more like 30.

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good to hear your pain is nothing serious.

How was your FBF????

Originally Posted by MissHolly View Post
    Good to hear your pain is nothing serious.

How was your FBF????

03/28/2015
    Cut, day 5
    Weight: 212
    Time In: 0845
    Time out: 1111

Incline BP
    2 x 115 x 12
    2 x 145 x 08

OHP
    3 x 72 x 08 (BTN)
    3 x 92 x 08

Setaed Calf Raises
    6 x 175 x 26

BB rows (Supported)
    2 x 105 x 08
    2 x 130 x 08

Shrugs
    4 x 140 x 08

Diamond pushups
    3 x 18

Seated DB Curls
    3 x 30 x 08

TPD
    3 x 65 x 08

Hammers
    3 x 30 x 08

Well, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. First and foremost, I think the pain is going to be a more serious problem than the doctor does, but you have to do the treatment from least invasive to most invasive. In the meantime, I will work around it.

The workout was, well, odd to say the least. My day began with a double dose of caffeine (mixed with my Medrol Dose Pak) on an empty stomach. That should have been a reflag for me, but I am a slow study, apparently.

I was shaking and sweating before the first set, but figured I'd work into it. Not the case at all. I got as far as finishing the rows, and I had to stop for about an hour. The urge to throw up got the best of me (I did not throw up). So, after letting the caffeine run its course, I went back and finished the workout. I did the shrugs, and then did the last four exercises as a circuit, taking 30 seconds break between the circuits, and no breaks during the circuit (if that makes sense).

All in all, feeling very good about now. I am in a pretty steep caloric deficit, as this is how I start a cut. Monday, I will reduce the deficit, and settle into a more reasonable deficit for the remainder of the time, making small adjustments along the way.

The scale number has moved by 10lbs since Monday. I retain water like a camel, and the best thing for me (as history shows) is to make the first week into a hell week of sorts, then go with a deficit I can live with for the long haul. It may not be the best way, or even smart, but it works for me.

Off until Monday. Yay.

trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks like your off to a good start aside from the pain. I missed it, is this a sciatica pain or some other nerve root irritation?

Sorry to hear about you no longer being natty;-)

Originally Posted by trickyB View Post
    Looks like your off to a good start aside from the pain. I missed it, is this a sciatica pain or some other nerve root irritation?

Sorry to hear about you no longer being natty;-)
    They are saying it is sciatic nerve. It is quite flared up atm. I have a therapy appointment a week from Monday. Ughh.

trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That sucks, I had an episode of sciatica and it was awful. It only lasted about a week but it was rough. I hope the roids get it settled down for you. GL.

Originally Posted by trickyB View Post
    That sucks, I had an episode of sciatica and it was awful. It only lasted about a week but it was rough. I hope the roids get it settled down for you. GL.
    It is reassuring to know that it could settle down. I just got home from picking up two new pieces for the gym, so it damn sure better settle down. I got a used leg curl/extension machine and a used lat pull down machine. Both are pretty beat, but fixable with some tlc. They threw in a serious bar as well, feels like it is 50lbs. My current lat machine has no provisions to hold my knees down, limiting the amounts I can use. A new cable and some new vinyl, and it will be all I need.

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice session today, good job getting it finished up after the forced intermission. Awesome you picked up some new used equipment. Can't wait to build my home gym one day.
    Great start to the cut, I like the idea of extremely low cals to begin and taper them up. Great way to jump start the metabolism. I find little to no action for the first 2 weeks or so on the scale when I cut. Seems the body needs that time adjust.

03/30/2015
    Cut day 8
    Weight: 211
    Time In: 0440
    Time out: 0535

(...) Denotes a change in rep and/or weight

BP
    1 x 185 x 13 (+1)
    1 x 190 x 10 (+1)
    1 x 195 x 06 (-1)
    1 x 200 x 06 (+5lbs, -1 rep)
    1 x 185 x 07 (+1)

Incline BB
    1 x 150 x 11 (-1)
    1 x 145 x 08 (+1)
    1 x 140 x 10 (0)
    1 x 140 x 08 (+1)

DB Press
    1 x 65 x 11 (+1)
    1 x 65 x 10 (+1)
    1 x 65 x 10 (+1)

Dips
    1 x BW x 13 (+1)
    1 x BW x 12
    1 x BW x 11

Diamond pushups
    3 x 10

TPD
    3 x 62 x 12

Feeling good today. Leg/back pain appears to be a little less than last week. I am already finding myself adjusting things I do to compensate for the pain. I am not good with this, but hopefully over time it will subside. Have PT set up for next Monday, per the doctor.

The cut is moving right along as scheduled. Weight is about where I thought it would be, given my ability to store water. I fully expect it to taper off, and hopefully (if I have my numbers right) settle into a 1.5-2.0 lbs per week of scale weight loss.

I was able to start later than normal today due to this being an in-service day for us as we return to school on the heels of Spring Break. Tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel.

Have a great one everybody.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Loads of chest work in that session. Great that the pain is diminishing. I think its easy to take being pain free for granted until and issue pops up. I had some back issues for about 6 weeks from a bad DL. Really sets the mind right for keeping form tight. Great work on the scale loss, Looks like things are moving in the right direction.

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    03/30/2015
    Cut day 8
    Time out: 0535

(...) Denotes a change in rep and/or weight

BP
    1 x 185 x 13 (+1)
    1 x 190 x 10 (+1)
    1 x 195 x 06 (-1)
    1 x 200 x 06 (+5lbs, -1 rep)
    1 x 185 x 07 (+1)

Incline BB
    1 x 150 x 11 (-1)
    1 x 145 x 08 (+1)
    1 x 140 x 10 (0)
    1 x 140 x 08 (+1)

DB Press
    1 x 65 x 11 (+1)
    1 x 65 x 10 (+1)
    1 x 65 x 10 (+1)

Dips
    1 x BW x 13 (+1)
    1 x BW x 12
    1 x BW x 11

Diamond pushups
    3 x 10

TPD
    3 x 62 x 12

Feeling good today. Leg/back pain appears to be a little less than last week. I am already finding myself adjusting things I do to compensate for the pain. I am not good with this, but hopefully over time it will subside. Have PT set up for next Monday, per the doctor.

The cut is moving right along as scheduled. Weight is about where I thought it would be, given my ability to store water. I fully expect it to taper off, and hopefully (if I have my numbers right) settle into a 1.5-2.0 lbs per week of scale weight loss.

I was able to start later than normal today due to this being an in-service day for us as we return to school on the heels of Spring Break. Tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel.

Have a great one everybody.
    Good to read you're feeling a bit better today and making ways to manage through. PT did wonders for me when I had a bulging disc in my lower back a couple years ago.
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong benching and tons of volume today. Sounds like you are on the mend, great to hear!

Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    Strong benching and tons of volume today. Sounds like you are on the mend, great to hear!
    Appreciate it man. Here is today's back and Bis.

03/31/2015
    Cut, day 9
    Weight: 209
    Time In: 0433
    Time out: 0520

Lat pulldowns
    2 x 110 x 10
    3 x 125 x 12

Bench Supported BB rows
    4 x 175 x 06 (overhand with curl bar)

Close grip Rows with BB
    4 x 100 x 07

Seated cable rows
    3 x 125 x 10

Cable Pulldown Curls
    3 x 125 x 11

EZ Bar curls
    3 x 65 x 08

Seated DB Curls
    3 x 30 x 06

Hammer curls
    2 x 30 x 10

Calf Raises
    3 x 175 x 30
    1 x 175 x 42

Used the new machine today, so the weights varied as I adjust to the new set-up. I am also working into adjusting some of the movements to spare my back any undue stress at in the lower region. Overall feeling good. The cut is in full force, which seemingly could not have come art a better time.

Tomorrow I am natty again. It was fun while it lasted.

Good to see you getting after it. When I had that bout of sciatica I couldn't bench at all. I hope it continues to settle down for you without further intervention.

Solid back and Bi day! Lots of work put in. Sorry to hear your going back to being natty....maybe it's for the best long term

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Overall feeling good. The cut is in full force, which seemingly could not have come art a better time.
    Good to hear.
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I read the first page of your journal.

Great story.

Keep it up.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Solid back and Bi day! Lots of work put in. Sorry to hear your going back to being natty....maybe it's for the best long term

I may be getting an injection directly into my back. Yay, more RR for me.

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Good to hear.
    Thanks man.)

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post

Great story.

Keep it up.
    Thanks man. I make no excuses for my condition, as I am the main culprit in this caper. I am trying daily to keep the wolves at bay. Iron seems to cure a lot of my issues.

Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    I have dealt with the same thing for the past several years. (Though mine sounds less severe than yours). I will not take habit forming meds and I am not keen on getting surgery in my current employment situation so I have been trying a lot of different things. Yoga helps a lot, but it took several months of doing it before it started working. I loaded a Yoga channel on to my Roku so I do it at home.

Strangley, mine bothers me more on DL days than on squat days; but the absolute worse is heavy OH's.

Good luck.
    I begin therapy on Monday. I am hoping if nothing else, I pick up some movements which will ease the pain. I'd love to be done with it, but for now, I want to manage it, just in case.

Here was today:

04/01/2015
    Cut, Day 10
    Time out: 0525

Face Pulls (warm up)
    4 x 72 x 09

Standing Lateral raises Straight arm (DB)
    3 x 15 x 10

Seated OHP
    2 x 112 x 05
    2 x 112 x 06
    1 x 112 x 08

Rear Laterals (Bench Supported)
    4 x 32 x 10

Shrugs (BB, behind the back)
    4 x 145 x 10

Seated DB Press
    3 x 35 x 14

Seated calf raises
    5 x 175 x 36

Calf Presses
    5 x 380 x 20

I felt the birthday pizza we ate yesterday. I will call it a mental health day. Overall felt good. Tomorrow is leg day. I suspect it will consist of lower weight, higher reps. At least until I figure this back issue out.

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post

Great story.

Keep it up.
    Me too! Ditto and great picture of you and the bike!

Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    Me too! Ditto and great picture of you and the bike!
    We were having a great ride that day. Still have and ride that same bike.

JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I tore my L5S1 disk about 15 years ago. I had a bandaid procedure called radio disc ablation. fixed it that day. Proceedure took about 30 minutes and I went home two hours later. Just something to look into.

As far as stretches. The three stretches that help me the most are the basic Shotokan front stance, back stance and horse stance. I remember when I was young thinking that it made no sense to have such low stances. Now that I'm older I understand why the old masters hammered those in.

When I hurt my back in November doing BOR's with way too much weight, what seemed to help get me through was doing a lot of one legged work, 1 leg squats, deadlift lunges etc.

just my experience. FWIW

Nice shoulder work, nice to see some high volume calf work in there. Think you are the only guy in here that hits them like I obsessively do

Nice shoulder work, nice to see some high volume calf work in there. Think you are the only guy in here that hits them like I obsessively do
    I do love working calves. I didn't see any real progress until I started hitting them about every other day. As for legs, well, here is how today went down"

04/02/2015
    Cut, day 11
    Weight: 210
    Time In: 0432
    Time out:0530

15 minutes of intense stretching

Hack Squats
    3 x 50 x 10

Leg Presses
    1 x 50 x 10
    1 x 120 x 10
    2 x 170 x 10

Squats
    4 x 140 x 05

SLDL
    4 x 135 10

Leg Extensions
    4 x 45 x 12

Leg Curls
    4 x 45 x 10

Tried to post this about 15 hours ago, but my internet was acting like it always does...like garbage.

The numbers are lower than ever, but the spirits of the moral victory are abundant. IOW, I did this today to gauge where I am in relationship to whatever I have going on with my back/sciatic nerve. I think with some careful and purposeful stretching, I will be able to effectively work legs. I am going to do PT starting Monday, and from that I will either improve, or go to a more intensive strategy to correct the issue. That may well be (sadly) a cortisone shot (or two), and maybe even surgery (last resort). At any rate, unless they find something just horrible, I could be several months away from anything beyond PT. The best thing I can do is to be smart about it. We'll see.

15 hours post work out, and I am in some pain. Not bad, but not great. Life goes on.

Big volume leg day, great job. Good you can still smash the legs like that, seems hopeful for future sessions. So every other day for calves? Can you give me a typical week of workouts? I do only 2 which incorporate a lot of volume, but if I could see better results spreading that out every second session I would be game.

Big volume leg day, great job. Good you can still smash the legs like that, seems hopeful for future sessions. So every other day for calves? Can you give me a typical week of workouts? I do only 2 which incorporate a lot of volume, but if I could see better results spreading that out every second session I would be game.
    Calves get done with back, shoulders, and on Friday, which is Full Body Friday. The actual calf day is on Shoulder day (Wednesday). Tuesday (back day) is just a 4 set day, and Friday is typically 6 sets. The mid week calves tend to be 10 or more sets. I like my calves to hurt all the time. I climb stairs pretty much all day, maybe 50+ times a day (2 flights up, two back down). I guess I just want to ensure I continue to crush them. They recover over the weekend, but I have seen progress in them (still small imo), and it took this much volume to finally get them moving.

Page 176 of 182 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 ... LastLast