Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just woke up and it's 1:45am. Time to change my lifestyle.

Hello BB.com . I am newly registered to this site but I used to go on here all the time to read up and increase my knowledge on bodybuilding. I have to say that ALL of you on here are a great motivation and will continue to be on this journey I plan to start. I have you guys and BB.com to motivate me and I have a good feeling about this journey. First I would like to say thank you to you everyone of you guys. If it wasn't for this site and the people on it and all these before and after pics, I wouldn't have been posting on here right now.

Anyways, I've been one of those dudes that are always like, "I'm going to start working out and get big!" because I am infact skinny-fat(not sure, ill post height/weight up in a bit.) I would always workout on and off for a period of 1-3 months and then I would somehow lose motivation and stop. I never had a set routine, I would just workout in my garage and whatever workout popped into my head i would do 3 sets of 10 reps. My nutrition and supplementation was really weak. I just ate anything at home and quit fast food and soda and took whey protein. Then school started and I stopped and I'm a lazy unhealthy bum that eats fast food almost everyday.

Now its time to change my lifestyle for good. I have been browsing through these forums and I know as long as I stay active on this site, YOU guys are the ones that motivate me.

As of right now I am 6'1-6'2 and 172lbs and I turn 18 in august. I just don't know how to start thats the hardest part. I don't have a routine diet plan nothing. I want gym membership but my local gym is a fancy and expensive one. I know the basic supplementation is whey protein but my diet matters more and then it's supplementation. However, I have fat legs and am starting to get a gut but im still the skinny kid in everyone's eyes. So I don't know if I shoul bulk or cut.

I am very sorry for the long post but I just would really like to change my lifestyle. Thank you once again BB.com .

Mayorga160 is just really nice. (+1000) Mayorga160 is just really nice. (+1000) Mayorga160 is just really nice. (+1000) Mayorga160 is just really nice. (+1000) Mayorga160 is just really nice. (+1000) Mayorga160 is just really nice. (+1000) Mayorga160 is just really nice. (+1000) Mayorga160 is just really nice. (+1000) Mayorga160 is just really nice. (+1000) Mayorga160 is just really nice. (+1000) Mayorga160 is just really nice. (+1000)
    woaahhh that was a long read,

Real nice story, glad we can help you stay motivated.

although most of us wouldn't really be able to give you a answer w/o pics, so we know where ur at and where you can start.

Let me read this a few more times..
    "i do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because you said i couldn't"

~Sh!tty Chest Crew~"

Bench Press 1RM as of 7/28/10: 280lbs
    Stopped Lifting from 8/11/10-1/10/11
    Bench Press 1RM as of 3/4/11: 270lbs
    Bench press 1Rm as of 6/1/11: 280lbs - Back to Business....

Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vernal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mayorga160 View Post
    woaahhh that was a long read,

Real nice story, glad we can help you stay motivated.

although most of us wouldn't really be able to give you a answer w/o pics, so we know where ur at and where you can start.

Let me read this a few more times..
    Thank you for taking your time to read that long post bro lol it really means a lot. But yeah my camera's messed up ill post pics tho...I'm 172 always been around 169-172lbs no matter how much i eat..but people say that I'm skinny for my height which is 6'2 i think. I'm thinking about bulking but im just really lost....i dont know how to set up my diet and i dont have a training routine or anything.....if i can get that down then i can stick to it. Thanks once again for reading bro. It's nice to know theres alot of ppl who were like me but now they have an awesome lifestyle. I hope to follow their footsteps.

Location: Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm a lot like you, because the most i've done at the gym is 2 months. It's always hard to get back into a routine but just go day by day and you'll slowly get back into it.

Also i've always been that slim-chubby dude as in school I couldn't run that well but I still did sport. It's quite important to train in a gym when you're starting back because it's good motivation to see people in better shape.

Yup protein is the best in all honesty. Just stick around here and you'll be transformed into a beast.
    I have a good joke about water retention. But I'm going to hold onto it for now.

waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Thank you for taking your time to read that long post bro lol it really means a lot. But yeah my camera's messed up ill post pics tho...I'm 172 always been around 169-172lbs no matter how much i eat..but people say that I'm skinny for my height which is 6'2 i think. I'm thinking about bulking but im just really lost....i dont know how to set up my diet and i dont have a training routine or anything.....if i can get that down then i can stick to it. Thanks once again for reading bro. It's nice to know theres alot of ppl who were like me but now they have an awesome lifestyle. I hope to follow their footsteps.
    Its hard to tell without pics, but I would suggest bulking. If you cut, there wouldnt be anything to cut down to. Bulk, put on some muscle, take advantage of noob gains, and when you reach the size you want, then you can cut to get those muscles showing.

Sorry guys, i took the pictures but im having trouble uploading them to my computer. But yeah im not person to judge my own body but people have to me that my weight is low for my height. I also think I am skinny-fat. I was always the slowest kid in my PE class but this year im taking weight training cause i need it as my credits. However, I am not planning to try in that class cause weight lifting for 30 mins is too little time.

Finally got it to work. Since I cant post links/images, I put a space between the 't' and 'p' in http, so be sure to take that out when copying+pasting the link.

htt p://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1661/p1010342.jpg

User6763672 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User6763672 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User6763672 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User6763672 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User6763672 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User6763672 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User6763672 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User6763672 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User6763672 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User6763672 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User6763672 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^ Get your ass in the gym... clean up that diet..and incorporate some sort of cardio at least 2-3x a week....

Originally Posted by tigerstyle96 View Post
    ^ Get your ass in the gym... clean up that diet..and incorporate some sort of cardio at least 2-3x a week....
    Thanks alot for the advice bro. Yeah my local gym is pretty fancy and expensive but I got to ask my parents for it somehow im tired of working out in the garage when all i got are dumbells, a treadmill, and a curl bar which i curl, bench, and squat with(i know, sad). But what should I eat and what's a good training routine? Thanks again bro .

ouch2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ouch2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ouch2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ouch2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ouch2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ouch2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    for a training routine, check out:
    ht tp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116614581

Or: ht tp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117429161

and for diet: ht tp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120615291

btw: i put a space between the ht tp, so make sure to remember when you paste

hope this helps

Originally Posted by ouch2 View Post
    for a training routine, check out:
    ht tp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116614581

Or: ht tp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117429161

and for diet: ht tp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120615291

btw: i put a space between the ht tp, so make sure to remember when you paste

hope this helps
    WOW thanks alot for the links. I appreciate it. Repped .

Also, according to my pic whats best for me to do? Should I do cardio and burn off the fat or just bulk up from here? Thank you.

bump.