www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Review of CFF gym rings

Guys, I will add this to the "Gymnastic Ring Round Up" Thread found here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...tic+ring+round

But to cover all my bases, I wanted to make a separate thread as well.

This review will be for the new CFF rings sold by Christian's Fitness Factory.
    Here is a link to their website:
    http://www.christiansfitnessfactory.com/

And specifically, the rings that I am reviewing:
    http://www.christiansfitnessfactory....ings/CFF-Rings

Here is what their website says about these rings:
    The CFF Rings are not designed for competitive gymnastics, but are gymnastics rings that have been especially designed for fitness & strength training. They are enormously strong, durable, lightweight, portable, and incredibly versatile and adjust in seconds, making them perfect for bringing the world of gymnastics strength training into your own workouts at the gym, at home or even outside! Wright Rings can be used anywhere there is any kind of an overhead support (high bar, chin-up bar, or even a tree branch).

The rings themselves are black, textured and made of a high impact polycarbonate resin. This allows them to be very lightweight and yet still extremely strong; rated at over 1000lbs each!

The strap cam buckles are specially designed to adjust strap length within seconds - this is a very nice feature; no more wrestling with d-rings. The straps are a black high tensile strength nylon and extra long (18') to accommodate handstand work. The straps and cam buckles are also rated at over 1000lbs each; giving you an incredibly tough and versatile workout tool.

Available with black straps or yellow (pictured straps).

Ok, now on to the pictures and review. I will be comparing these to the Xtreme Rings to an extent. This is because I gave them pretty much a perfect review and member Zensuji also gave them the highest marks of all the ones he reviewed. Thus, the Xtreme Rings are the current champ and standard by which to judge others imo.

This is how they arrived:

Rings:
    These rings are just SLIGHTLY bigger than the Xtreme Rings. By this I mean, I literally had to put them next to each other to notice a difference. The weight is nearly the same as well, so again, it would be very simple to carry these to the park and not be bogged down by a lot of extra weight. The ONLY issue I have with these, and this could simply be a matter of personal preference, is the finish/texture on them. It is much smoother than the texture of the Xtreme Rings which I love. Again, this is my own personal preference. Others may desire a bit smoother touch and if so, this is the way to go. Dont get me wrong, they arent slick by any means, and you can see the small grooves in the photo, which help with the grip.
    9 out of 10

measurement:

CFF ring on right, Xtreme ring on left:

Texture:

By the way, I should mention this. One of the tests I do to see about the strength of both the rings AND the buckles is put all of my weight (over 200lbs) on ONE ring and pull, jerk, snatch and bounce. Just FYI, these did NOT budge, creak, bend etc. They are VERY strong.

Straps:
    The straps are 14 feet long, which is more than enough. However, the website says the straps are 18 ft long. Im not sure if this is a typo or what. (Maybe only the black ones are 18 ft?) They are the same width, thickness and so on of the Xtreme Rings. This gave me plenty of confidence in their strength.

They could have put the markings on these like some of the newer models of rings that are coming out have been doing, but I really believe that this would have caused a serious increase in cost for something that is simple to do (particularly if you get the yellow straps) and not a necessity.

10 out of 10

Buckles:
    These are also the same size as the Xtreme Rings and I am 100% confident in their strength to hold anything. No issues whatsoever. These are beefy and tough.

Next to Xtreme Ring buckle for comparison:

Now, what about shipping and cost?

These took just 2 days to arrive at my door! WOW! Can I give an 11 out of 10?
    Shipping: 10 out of 10.

Cost: This is where CFF thrives and once again, they dominate this area of the market. These bad boys are only $44.99 and shipping to continental US is Free!! Thats right, you can have these great rings as a part of your fitness toolbox for under $50 bucks! I really dont see how that price can be beaten. Just FYI, this beats the total cost of 1 pair of Xtreme Rings by about $35.00!

11 out of 10!!

Service: CFF posts here from time to time and having dealt with them in the past, I can say they are THE most professional and courteous people I have ever dealt with in the fitness/equipment/gym industry. That includes local face to face dealing.
    I WOULD NOT hesitate to buy from them. I have never had an issue with anything purchased, but I have confidence that they would handle any issue in the most professional manner, ensuring my satisfaction.
    No doubt, this is an easy 10 out of 10 for them.

So, if you are a bit of a miser, you may want to give these a try. Heck, at this price, you could buy a couple of sets or buy a few as gifts for the fitness minded person that has almost everything!
    Last edited by buffbrown21; 07-02-2010 at 06:57 PM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice review again. So, other than the texture is there any reason to not cheap out and get these? It sounds like they are pretty much a copy of the Xtreme rings.

buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wolfdragon View Post
    Nice review again. So, other than the texture is there any reason to not cheap out and get these? It sounds like they are pretty much a copy of the Xtreme rings.
    I would say these are a very good option for someone wanting to spend $50 or less. The texture was really the only issue that I had with them. The material that they are made of is very similar (if not identical) and the straps and buckles are exactly the same.

www.ShankAZombie.com

keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wow, great stuff buffbrown21!! I think the cffs are just what I need. Thanks a *ton* for all the great research and reviews. They are greatly appreciated!!
    labor vincit omnia

video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor

solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

bumping this back up.

www.ShankAZombie.com