Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000)

Gene Rychlak putting some integrity back into the sport

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/15908

The following is a response regarding the squat judging during the 2010 IPA World Championships in York, Pa.

By now everyone has either heard or seen comments on the internet regarding the squat judging at World's. First and foremost I stand 100 % behind my judging that weekend and my abilities as a referee as whole. There was no "conspiracy" to change the standards expected, just to call squat depth as outlined in the IPA rule book: "The lifter must bend the knees and lower the body until the top of the thigh at the hip, NOT the hip joint, is lower than the top of the kneecap." There is a diagram online demonstrating what is expected.

There were no "Inconsistencies" from Saturday to Sunday, as alleged. When Ken Wood, who judged with me on the sides, had to leave on Sunday and until he was replaced with another judge, the depth call remained consistent. I called every squat the same from the first Saturday morning till the last squat on Sunday. I became a lightning rod for anger not only from the lifters but spectators as well. It takes two red lights to turn down a lift. What made my day was having Fred Glass come to me to shake my hand and say "Good Job" for sticking to my guns and not caving to their pressure and retaining my integrity. Fred, a legend in Powerlifting, is someone I look up to and value as a friend. I have learned as much as I could about powerlifting from him. Along with Fred there were many lifters who thanked me and the other judges for holding standards.

Some stated "Had I known ahead of the the standards, I could've planned ahead." Well, other than it clearly defined in the rule book, offered each day, posted on the schedule there was a time to find out..... IT'S CALLED THE RULES CLINIC. Fewer and fewer lifters attend the rules clinics. The most egregious offenders are the "Name" lifters and the "Upper Echelon" lifters acting like it's beneath them to attend. During the weekend, I held the rules clinic, at best 20 or so lifters attended each day. Those obviously absent who had the most problems. I started each clinic by announcing that everyone needed to listen up because we are explaining rule clarifications. But as a lifter, it is YOUR JOB to know the rules and check for any rule changes (outlined regularly on the IPA website) and NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING. By their absence at rules clinic, the lifter is at fault, not the IPA.

What was frustrating for me during the weekend was that 90% of the redlighted attempts could've been white lights. All was needed was to "BREAK PARALLEL;" not "get close, just about there, or damn close to", but break it. We're not asking for in the bucket or ass to the floor, but just a subtle break. Everyone that asked why the lift was turned down, either gave me a dirty or incredulous look like what I was asking for was outrageous. I am singling out one individual for his complete lack of professionalism. Mark Van Alstyne was among those who just needed to do was "break parallel". He squatted only to parallel and bombed out of the meet. Instead of accepting what happened, he issued blame on everyone and everything except himself. He went as far a making the statement "Sorry, tough to get canvas that is tight enough to handle heavy weight 1-2 inches below parallel". Maybe he needs to get a looser suit and to get stronger. Lifters need to stop relying solely on the equipment to get the lift for them. This is not an anti-gear rant as some may try to twist it into. I would not have survived my 20 year competitive lifting career without it. I can back my statement, I have squatted over 1,000lbs in a completely canvas suit and it was at least 3 inches BELOW parallel. With current technology, like using an Inzer Leviathan, the hardcore inserts are meant to allow you to break parallel.

In early June this year, APF Senior's had many lifters who bombed out in the squat. No one made as public a complaint compared to the furor coming out regarding IPA World's. Did lifters think by coming to the IPA, they were going to be handed gifts? Sorry, not anymore.

Since I stepped away from the platform and took an active administrative role in the IPA, it has been my mission to undo the negativity hurled at the IPA and enforce the written standards. Gone are individuals who failed to maintain integrity and lowered meets into free-for-alls. A lifter who competes in the IPA, whether the meet is run by Dan Dague, Mark Chailllet or my wife and I, know that standards are kept and maintained at a high level. No one deserves to have a lift tarnished by the federation's reputation. LIfters should be proud to have their lifts white lighted for the right reasons.

So no matter what we do, we are damned either way. If we relax standards, we are the "HIGH-PA" and if we call as the rules dictate we are "ANTI LIFTER". I know one thing, with the many phone calls and e-mails from people thanking us for holding the standards high, I know what we did was, fair, just and most importantly, consistent. This was our World Championships, how can we allow someone to be a World Champion if they cannot complete a lift compliant to the rules?

I ask you all, my fellow competitors, to unite as one to help move the sport forward. Otherwise divided we remain immersed in the quagmire that Powerlifting has become; full of negativity, jealousy, back stabbing and petty hatred strangling the life from the sport that has been my life for the past 28 years. Together we progress, divided we fall.

Thank you,

Gene Rychlak, Jr
    IPA Vice-President

entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    cliffs and vids of what happened?

PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cliffs:
    IPA Judged squats by the rulebook
    IPA lifters who expected to half squat and get whites were upset
    Gene said why don't you squat for real then
    Team Super Awesome!
    There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

PL:565/385/716

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless.

Take a look at what I did, now imagine what I'm about to do

95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by entropy1 View Post
    cliffs and vids of what happened?
    cliffs:
    judges called depth according to rule book and lots of lifters were irritated
    author of story said he got many congrats for calling a good meet
    H: 5'6" W: 176

Goal: 170
    Program: 5/3/1
    Diet: cutting

Squat - 1 x 363 @ 186lbs
    Dead - 1 x 405 @ 173lbs
    Bench - 1 x 225 @ 173lbs
    Press - 1 x 160 @ 173lbs
    USAPL (9/11) - 363/225/363/951 @ 186lbs

fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Can anyone explain to me how to judge squat depth according to the IPA rule book? The rule itself makes no sense to me. Top of thigh at the hip -- but not hip joint. So where then? That part of the top of the thigh that intersects with the torso? What?
    You like art? www.artstarter.nl

You make art? www.artstarter.nl

You suck off hobos? www.artstarter.nl

95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10) 95whtgst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fatbencher View Post
    Can anyone explain to me how to judge squat depth according to the IPA rule book? The rule itself makes no sense to me. Top of thigh at the hip -- but not hip joint. So where then? That part of the top of the thigh that intersects with the torso? What?
    my understanding was that it was the crease where the hip/torso meets needs to go lower than the top of the knee joint
    H: 5'6" W: 176

Goal: 170
    Program: 5/3/1
    Diet: cutting

Squat - 1 x 363 @ 186lbs
    Dead - 1 x 405 @ 173lbs
    Bench - 1 x 225 @ 173lbs
    Press - 1 x 160 @ 173lbs
    USAPL (9/11) - 363/225/363/951 @ 186lbs

Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000)
    Glad to see that somebody will stand up and do this! Can't believe ANYONE would give him flak over adhering to the rules.

JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I know nothing about the IPA or its lifters, but it's really good to see directors who're hosting "extreme" feds enforce rulebook standards for lifting. There is no excuse to not break parallel in a meet, plain and simple.
    Elite Raw Powerlifter

633 / 418 / 633 - 1686 Raw (Wraps) @ 242

The Muscle Bear | Discover Your Powerlifting Potential

http://www.themusclebear.com

PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JacobRothenberg View Post
    I know nothing about the IPA or its lifters, but it's really good to see directors who're hosting "extreme" feds enforce rulebook standards for lifting. There is no excuse to not break parallel in a meet, plain and simple.
    Spoken by a habitual high squatter even!
    Team Super Awesome!

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bigchrome View Post
    Glad to see that somebody will stand up and do this! Can't believe ANYONE would give him flak over adhering to the rules.
    Yeah this is almost identicle to the thread we had going a week or two ago about squat depth judging vs what is written in the rule books. It sucks to bomb out of a meet but if you can't hit depth either get better at using a weight that forces you that low in your suit or simply get stronger and always hit depth in training.

Its one thing to get a forgiving judge or two in a meet its another thing entirely to EXPECT to get away with squatting high.

JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PeonLover View Post
    Spoken by a habitual high squatter even!
    I actually squat deeper with my single ply. imdoingitwrong
    Elite Raw Powerlifter

PhD in Broscience crackyflipside's Avatar
    crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Videos of the controversial squats?
    Olympic Weightlifting: Cuban Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=703396581

Snatch: 97kg
    Clean and jerk: 120kg
    Front squat 160kg
    Back squat: 170kg

Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Even if you do expect to get high squats passed, you should be smart enough to see what lifts are getting passed vs. redlights by the time your 2nd attempt rolls around.
    I'm not DrewDarden

Best Meet lifts: S:805 B:705 D:560 Total:2070 (220, equipped, drug free)
    Best Raw (gym lifts): S:540 B:380 D:515

Want to bench more? Click here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178958341
    ~ Molon Labe ~

Originally Posted by Drew23 View Post
    Even if you do expect to get high squats passed, you should be smart enough to see what lifts are getting passed vs. redlights by the time your 2nd attempt rolls around.
    this should never happen
    Team Super Awesome!

Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    this should never happen
    Be realistic. We all know that it happens.
    I'm not DrewDarden

Best Meet lifts: S:805 B:705 D:560 Total:2070 (220, equipped, drug free)
    Best Raw (gym lifts): S:540 B:380 D:515

Want to bench more? Click here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178958341
    ~ Molon Labe ~

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wow that says alot about your respect for your sport, no wonder you defend donny thomson
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    wow that says alot about your respect for your sport, no wonder you defend donny thomson
    it is quite true. do you really think that elite lifters who can squat 900+ can't tell when they're cutting a squat high?
    Elite Raw Powerlifter

TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Aaaaah, reading that was like a breath of fresh air! We need more people like that in this sport.

this should never happen
    Agreed. You shouldn't expect gifts.
    Last edited by TrettinR; 07-02-2010 at 09:43 AM.

R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution 19george's Avatar
    19george is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 19george is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 19george is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 19george is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 19george is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 19george is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 19george is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 19george is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 19george is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 19george is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 19george is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not sure if he was passing judgment one way or another. What he says is true, unfortunately.
    Repay no evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. - Romans 12:17

breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good for Gene.
    The high squatting has been going on too long.
    637/390tng/615 - belt/wraps, best gym lifts.
    600/370/600 - best competition lifts.
    575/330/560 - best competition lifts at 181 raw.
    "I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Cor 9:27

UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not sure if he was defending Donnie or not, but bad calls happen at meets. I've gotten a gift before and I knew it and then I ended up bombing anyway. Of course, we would all rather the bad calls be the exception and not the norm.

I do applaud the IPA for trying to clean up the judging.

Some stated "Had I known ahead of the the standards, I could've planned ahead." Well, other than it clearly defined in the rule book, offered each day, posted on the schedule there was a time to find out..... IT'S CALLED THE RULES CLINIC. Fewer and fewer lifters attend the rules clinics. The most egregious offenders are the "Name" lifters and the "Upper Echelon" lifters acting like it's beneath them to attend. During the weekend, I held the rules clinic, at best 20 or so lifters attended each day. Those obviously absent who had the most problems. I started each clinic by announcing that everyone needed to listen up because we are explaining rule clarifications. But as a lifter, it is YOUR JOB to know the rules and check for any rule changes (outlined regularly on the IPA website) and NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING. By their absence at rules clinic, the lifter is at fault, not the IPA.

What was frustrating for me during the weekend was that 90% of the redlighted attempts could've been white lights. All was needed was to "BREAK PARALLEL;" not "get close, just about there, or damn close to", but break it. We're not asking for in the bucket or ass to the floor, but just a subtle break. Everyone that asked why the lift was turned down, either gave me a dirty or incredulous look like what I was asking for was outrageous. I am singling out one individual for his complete lack of professionalism. Mark Van Alstyne was among those who just needed to do was "break parallel". He squatted only to parallel and bombed out of the meet. Instead of accepting what happened, he issued blame on everyone and everything except himself. He went as far a making the statement "Sorry, tough to get canvas that is tight enough to handle heavy weight 1-2 inches below parallel". Maybe he needs to get a looser suit and to get stronger. Lifters need to stop relying solely on the equipment to get the lift for them. This is not an anti-gear rant as some may try to twist it into. I would not have survived my 20 year competitive lifting career without it. I can back my statement, I have squatted over 1,000lbs in a completely canvas suit and it was at least 3 inches BELOW parallel. With current technology, like using an Inzer Leviathan, the hardcore inserts are meant to allow you to break parallel.
    So you don't go to the rules meeting, bomb on the squat, and then blamed it on the judges and the gear? Oh FFS...
    http://www.thewarehousegym.net/ - PL/SM gym on the South Side of Houston owned by Dr. Zach McVey

Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by fatbencher View Post
    I think the rule is trying to direct people away from the actual pivot of the hip, i.e. the femur in the pelvis. The actual hip joint will break parallel a few inches before the "meat" of the top of the thigh. They are basically saying that a below-parallel femur does not equal a below parallel squat. I think.

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    making factual statements based off reality=no respect for your sport?

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Newbtime View Post
    making factual statements based off reality=no respect for your sport?
    he should respect his sport enough to call that current reality crap
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

high speed, low drag TheFatNinja's Avatar
    TheFatNinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFatNinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFatNinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFatNinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFatNinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFatNinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFatNinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFatNinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFatNinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFatNinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFatNinja will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Certain lifters go to meets expecting lax judging. This is a fact. Drew23 simply pointed it out, he didn't endorse or applaude that mentality in any way. His post says nothing about his "respect for the sport".

0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Gene runs AWESOME meets. I'm glad he's keeping the sport true, even if it's pissing people off.
    It's good timing too, especially with all the issues with poor, relaxed judging lately

jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cliffs:
    IPA Judged squats by the rulebook
    IPA lifters who expected to half squat and get whites were upset
    Gene said why don't you squat for real then
    good to know he stands behind everything, I could believe many would say otherwise to stroke the ego of the general half squatter to keep them competing.Hopefuly everyone finds the same respect(one can dream)
    We the type of crew, to get fresh just to sit in the living room.-Bill O'Reilly

Kuchi Kopi Alliance

Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Boridi View Post

Maybe he needs to get a looser suit and to get stronger. Lifters need to stop relying solely on the equipment to get the lift for them. This is not an anti-gear rant as some may try to twist it into. I would not have survived my 20 year competitive lifting career without it. I can back my statement, I have squatted over 1,000lbs in a completely canvas suit and it was at least 3 inches BELOW parallel. With current technology, like using an Inzer Leviathan, the hardcore inserts are meant to allow you to break parallel.
    Awesome.

Major props and respect for not passing high squats and sticking to it.

TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Boridi View Post
    [

He went as far a making the statement "Sorry, tough to get canvas that is tight enough to handle heavy weight 1-2 inches below parallel". Maybe he needs to get a looser suit and to get stronger. Lifters need to stop relying solely on the equipment to get the lift for them.
    Awesome.

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TrettinR View Post
    Awesome.