iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Damn man.. no idea Chicken Katsu Curry was so Calorie dense

I recently went to Yo Sushi for the first time yesterday with some friends.

I don't like raw fish, so I stuck with Chicken Katsu Curry, the same type of curry they do at Wagamama.

It's a really good curry, but doesn't really look or feel that unhealthy when you eat it. Also the potion size was absolutely tiny! I'm talking ridiculous here, I was with three thin girls (oi ) and they were averaging 3-4 dishes each. I also had three pints of beer, but that was unavoidable and I hadn't drank beer for 2 weeks so it's all good.

So being as I ate almost nothing earlier in the day, I thought nothing of it and had that last pint thinking I was within my cal limit of 2000, but after finding out that the curry has 549 calories in it, an impressive feat considering the size of the meal and how full I felt afterwards, I came in at almost 2,400 :'(

And it had been such a good couple of weeks.

I also hear that the Chicken Katsu Curry in Wagamama runs in at 1,200 calories. I guess it's the fact that they deep fry the chicken, and I know there are a lot of calories in rice but still .

So that's the last time I have one of those for the next couple of months. I'm adding it to the banned list along with Pizza (Those 2,000 calorie pizzas after a night out tasted better than sex, but really weren't helping), ridiculous drinking binges (10 pints doesn't do anyone any good), Supersize meals (Burgers only, fries and diet coke if I'm feeling lucky) and desserts (If I wanted to waste 500 calories, I'd grab a burger instead).

On the plus side though, my new 32" jeans I bought started falling down last night, so this last month of cutting seems to have been doing the job.

Registered User newb-to-lifting's Avatar
    newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newb-to-lifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah man it sucks how calorie dense that stuff is.

One of my favorite things to eat is Chicken Katsu from L&L Hawaiian BBQ.

For the Katsu Mini (which is a small serving) 1 piece of chicken, 1 scoop of rice, 1 scoop of macaroni and dipping sauce clocks in at just under 1300 cals.

frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You know what blew my mind in terms of calorie denseness? A typical roast beef hero with swiss cheese. 1k calories - no joke.
    Start (fat guy):May 31 2009 - 205lbs ~34%bf
    (first large cut) July 31 2010 - 140 lbs ~14-15%bf
    (first bulk) March 1 2011 - 164lbs ~18-19%bf
    Currently (June 30, 2011) - 146lbs ~11-12% bf
    Ultimate Long term Goal - 170lbs @ 10%bf

iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    $hit Bruv, just realised I didn't have that last protein shake as planned as I skipped the gym so I only came in at 73 calories over.

It's all psychological, as I find that if I know I've been doing well all week, then I can find the motivation to continue when confronted with... difficult choices. On my last cut this time last year I blew my calorie count every weekend and I went over it at least once a week in the weekdays too. I'm finding much more motivation this time around though especially when I show myself I can stick to a budget for an extended period.

Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All the good stuff is bad for us =(

Just gotta make room for it, and not eat it all the time. It's better that way anyway, you tend to enjoy it more when you do get it.

Pepperoni P'Zone, just over 1200 calories. Some days, I have to make room for that haha.
    = Misc Anxiety Crew =
    = Miscin From Work Crew =
    = Keto Crew =

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here, "huge success!"
    It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

You aren't in starvation mode
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_mode

Haha that's true. You do enjoy it more and when you're making room for it it's completely guilt free too, which is even better than before I ever watched my weight at all. I can't really make room for 1,200 calories though unless it's the weekend and it's my one big meal of the day. I try to eat clean all week but come the weekend something has to give, but at least if I remain in a deficit then none of the fat sticks around for long.