Thread: Heartrate q

codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100)

Heartrate q

Here is my info below but when I run the treadmill at 10min/mile (speed 6.2) my heartrate is almost at max heartrate at about 180.

Can I run a mile or two at this rate or should I slow down?

My max heartrate is 190
    Your target heart rate zone is 95 to 162 BPM.

Beginners should exercise in the 50-60% target heart rate zone.
    Intermediate or average exercisers should aim for 60-70%.
    Advanced athletes can train in the 75-85% zone.
    Last edited by codek; 07-03-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: defining q

codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100) codek is not very well liked. (-100)
    bump

mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what do you mean by can?

it is virtually impossible (for an individual with a healthy heart) to voluntarily push his heart rate high enough to die

should you do it?
    that depends on your goals

Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    what do you mean by can?

it is virtually impossible (for an individual with a healthy heart) to voluntarily push his heart rate high enough to die

should you do it?
    that depends on your goals
    So there is no danger of keeping my heart rate close to the max heartrate for 20 minutes?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by codek View Post
    So there is no danger of keeping my heart rate close to the max heartrate for 20 minutes?
    Are you otherwise healthy, with no underlying medical issues? If so, go for it. You'll find it's kind of a self-regulating thing.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Registered Camel Eater low blow's Avatar
    low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000)
    only unless you've had/got cardiopulmonary and/or vascular problems (heart, lung or blood vessels).

but you won't be able to maintain max HR for 20 minutes - The most elite athletes can work at their max HR for only a few minutes

Originally Posted by low blow View Post
    only unless you've had/got cardiopulmonary and/or vascular problems (heart, lung or blood vessels).

but you won't be able to maintain max HR for 20 minutes - The most elite athletes can work at their max HR for only a few minutes
    Thanks for the info guys. So, what about 180bpm for about 4 minutes, i think my max heartrate is 190. I have hypertension, no other medical condition

Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    At some stage you will hit your anaerobic threshold. 85%+ of your heartrate and youre most likely working anaerobically. You can only work at or above this level for ~3mins then you must drop the intensity. Fatiguing by-products of anaerobic exercise mean you cant work at 180bpm for 20 minutes.

Registered Camel Eater low blow's Avatar
    low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the info guys. So, what about 180bpm for about 4 minutes, i think my max heartrate is 190. I have hypertension no other medical condition
    now this is an issue that needs to be addressed

Firstly whats your blood pressure?

secondly, what medication are you on?

thirdly, what causes your hypertension - smoking, weight, genetics, diet ?

Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    During my cardio, My heart rate fluctuates btw 160-190 bpm during 30 mn (estimated max HR ~200-205).

If you don't have medical issues, go or it, you will feel so great afterwads thanks to the endorphins.
    'Bodybuilders are mortally afraid of muscle loss while simultaneously being afraid of eating carbs at night which is a key tactic that can enhance lean mass preservation' A.Aragon

FyreFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FyreFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FyreFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FyreFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FyreFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FyreFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FyreFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FyreFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FyreFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FyreFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FyreFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Two things:

* Your heart rate monitor sucks
    * You are a beginner, so you should build it up... little by little.

Originally Posted by Mr.NoPrint View Post
    At some stage you will hit your anaerobic threshold. 85%+ of your heartrate and youre most likely working anaerobically. You can only work at or above this level for ~3mins then you must drop the intensity. Fatiguing by-products of anaerobic exercise mean you cant work at 180bpm for 20 minutes.
    Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. So my heart forces me to stop because my muscles aren't getting the oxygen they need. So this will happen automatically.

Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. So my heart forces me to stop because my muscles aren't getting the oxygen they need. So this will happen automatically.
    The inability to provide your working muscles with enough oxygen is what forces you to slow down. The supply does not match the demand.