Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Unregistered Broscientist mr_ben's Avatar
    mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PixelVibration View Post
    This is true, but lets not forget humanity doesn't gets its morals from religion, religion gets its morality from us.
    how?

PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stunad260 View Post
    Why? Isnt that true? Wouldnt it suck? If the non-believers were wrong and ended up in hell, I think that would TRULY blow.... mere speculation mind you....
    I am confused, are you talking about a god in general? or the christian god?

I don't think that the indigenous natives of tribal amazon, africa, islands...etc believe in hell. I don't think that many religions talk about hell.

You are talking as if only the christian religion is true.

What exactly are you saying?

Also, that is so, god is a real prick, so fukk him. If he is real, he never showed any evidence for himself so there is ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD REASON to believe in him, unless you are a weak-minded, servile, naive, gullible sheep.

PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PixelVibration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mr_ben View Post
    how?
    Because the human species is older than religion. The human species is about 100-200 thousand years old, whilst religion is only a couple thousand years old.

We wouldn't have got this far, or at least to the point where religion was first man-made if we didn't have a set morals to keep order in society.

mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Because the human species is older than religion. The human species is about 100-200 thousand years old, whilst religion is only a couple thousand years old.

We wouldn't have got this far, or at least to the point where religion was first man-made if we didn't have a set morals to keep order in society.
    i guess its their beliefs and has been inherited from generation to generation. So, let it be then. Nothing is wrong is that. They learn what is right and wrong too,which isnt bad.

-----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think the institution is important for people to go for community. Spirituality is a very personal experience. I went to church recently for the first time since my mom died 4 years ago. It was called Unity church. They work through the teachings of all religions, as well as the teachings of science and psychology in order to improve the daily lives of the people who attend.

My philosophy has always been that religion has a lot of good things to teach us. If we ignore the rewards and the consequences and just listen to the message itself, we'll find something amazingly insightful at times.
    Tobi is a good boy.

Originally Posted by -----------Tobi View Post
    I think the institution is important for people to go for community. Spirituality is a very personal experience. I went to church recently for the first time since my mom died 4 years ago. It was called Unity church. They work through the teachings of all religions, as well as the teachings of science and psychology in order to improve the daily lives of the people who attend.

My philosophy has always been that religion has a lot of good things to teach us. If we ignore the rewards and the consequences and just listen to the message itself, we'll find something amazingly insightful at times.
    Okay so this unity church teaches all religions, but its a church? Please explain what exactly this church teaches. Also, does it teach the theory of evolution( since you said it teaches science)

i guess its their beliefs and has been inherited from generation to generation. So, let it be then. Nothing is wrong is that. They learn what is right and wrong too,which isnt bad.
    Okay so you agree religion gets its morals from us?

Okay so you agree religion gets its morals from us?
    Religions got their own preachers. They do good things, hence the moral. Religious people follow them.

Religions got their own preachers. They do good things, hence the moral. Religious people follow them.
    what does religion teach morally that a non-religious person could never think of themself?

what does religion teach morally that a non-religious person could never think of themself?
    where do u think it all began?

where do u think it all began?
    This doesn't answer my question. Also, you are asking a question which gets off topic. Please stay on topic.

-----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Okay so this unity church teaches all religions, but its a church? Please explain what exactly this church teaches. Also, does it teach the theory of evolution( since you said it teaches science)
    By teaching religions, I mean it takes quotes from religions to bring understanding to a common point, just as it does from science. Religions have become very ritualized. The Unity Church simply celebrates life under god and living in a non-dualistic fashion. Science and religion end up saying the same things lots of times. If you dig deep enough, you'll see amazing similarity between what some ancient religions teach in comparison to what science proves. I'm sure the theory is the same as what has been scientifically proven.

The bottom line: I can go to church, pick up an extremely helpful message that is immediately useful in my day to day life, and be uplifted by the community. After it's over, I feel renewed and at peace. I really love this church's philosophy. If I didn't find one which I agreed with almost so completely, I probably wouldn't of went back to any church, and simply kept pursuing my spiritual beliefs alone.
    Tobi is a good boy.

This doesn't answer my question. Also, you are asking a question which gets off topic. Please stay on topic.
    lol,i thought ure trying to know where moral comes from?

stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am confused, are you talking about a god in general? or the christian god?

I don't think that the indigenous natives of tribal amazon, africa, islands...etc believe in hell. I don't think that many religions talk about hell.

You are talking as if only the christian religion is true.

What exactly are you saying?

Also, that is so, god is a real prick, so fukk him. If he is real, he never showed any evidence for himself so there is ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD REASON to believe in him, unless you are a weak-minded, servile, naive, gullible sheep.
    LOL, dude, you have wicked anger issues, You're funny.
    Old guys RULE!!!

stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000) stunad260 is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol I didn't mean to sound serious.... The points I was making towards you were serious...about your argument being pathetic but I wasn't seriously "cussing" you or telling you what to do so if you took that the wrong way my bad.

But I am judging you, for good reason. It isn't good to pre-judge, but good to judge based on what you know.

What I know is, that you are a wishful thinker, and you believe in something not because of its truth value or its validity, but because it makes you feel better. I am judging you and saying that your argument for god is pathetic.

It was never intended as an argument FOR God. An argument to me implies a desire to assert influence. I dont care what you believe or dont believe truthfully. Life has a tendancy to be a hard shallow place, at least mine has. If my belief is something greater allows me to get through those times as well as provide me some sense of ultimate accountability then while it may be a pathetic argument for God it helps me be a better person. Where's the harm in that?

You make it sound as if feeling better is a bad thing? As far as being a wishful thinker, you're right. I wont deny it, but again, I dont see the harm in dreaming of something more, better, bigger. If no one did that we'd still be sitting around in caves eating cold animal meat, lol.
    Old guys RULE!!!

Originally Posted by stunad260 View Post
    It was never intended as an argument FOR God. An argument to me implies a desire to assert influence. I dont care what you believe or dont believe truthfully. Life has a tendancy to be a hard shallow place, at least mine has. If my belief is something greater allows me to get through those times as well as provide me some sense of ultimate accountability then while it may be a pathetic argument for God it helps me be a better person. Where's the harm in that?

You make it sound as if feeling better is a bad thing? As far as being a wishful thinker, you're right. I wont deny it, but again, I dont see the harm in dreaming of something more, better, bigger. If no one did that we'd still be sitting around in caves eating cold animal meat, lol.
    Well okay, if you want to believe that I am no one to stop you. I am just saying it is pathetic. Inb4 " I don't care what you think" and thats good, because you shouldn't care about what others think. But I am just putting my opinion out there. I think it is pathetic to base your beliefs on something which has no evidence, but rather becuase it makes you feel fuzzy inside. Although I don't know why you can't feel the same way by just studying the natural world. By just thinking about how you can have such experiences. About how you share more things in common with the rest of the universe than you don't.

If you have watched the videos posted above, one of the songs lyrics begin by saying we are all connected to eachother biologically, to the earth chemically, and to the universe atomically. Now that to me, is spiritual and it demands no leap of faith. You are appreciating what you KNOW about the world instead of what you would rather be true about the world.

lol,i thought ure trying to know where moral comes from?
    to survive baby. Animals have morals too. Look at a pack of wolves, tribe of lions, family of gorillas.

Look at a colony of ants, termites, bees...etc. We need morals/codes to live by in order to survive. Its built into us by evolution, not given to us by something we can't even get tangible evidence for.

Wink

to survive baby. Animals have morals too. Look at a pack of wolves, tribe of lions, family of gorillas.

Look at a colony of ants, termites, bees...etc. We need morals/codes to live by in order to survive. Its built into us by evolution, not given to us by something we can't even get tangible evidence for.
    notsureifsrs brah.

"Better to be safe than sorry", "The evil deserves no aid", "Be friends with whom you don't like", "Don't judge people by the way they look", "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me", "Slow and steady wins the race", and "Your overconfidence is your weakness".

notsureifsrs brah.

"Better to be safe than sorry", "The evil deserves no aid", "Be friends with whom you don't like", "Don't judge people by the way they look", "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me", "Slow and steady wins the race", and "Your overconfidence is your weakness".
    "be friends with whom you don't like" - makes no sense, and isn't moral. Be friends with saddam hussien.

"Don't judge people by the way they look" - makes no sense. If you dress like a skater, I am judging you and going to assume you skate.

"Words will never hurt me" - You will be amazed at what a simple speech can do to loyal citizens willing to kill people of other nations.

"slow and steady wins the race" - this isn't even a moral. also, this doesn't apply to a sprint.

"your overconfidence is your weakness" - explain

"be friends with whom you don't like" - makes no sense, and isn't moral. Be friends with saddam hussien.

"Don't judge people by the way they look" - makes no sense. If you dress like a skater, I am judging you and going to assume you skate.

"Words will never hurt me" - You will be amazed at what a simple speech can do to loyal citizens willing to kill people of other nations.

"slow and steady wins the race" - this isn't even a moral. also, this doesn't apply to a sprint.

my source : wikipedia. hehe

type : moral

Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

He is part of the human family whather you like it or not. Though it is exceedingly difficult for us to seperate deeds from the doer. Hate the deeds.

No you are not 'judging' you are just seeing that the person is dressed to skate. If you do something idiotic and I call you an idiot in general I am judging.

Where does it say words will never hurt one?

That is not a moral.

It can be. Imagine if you are in a UFC and you underestimate the skill of your opponent. This could make you lackluster and lose. Never underestimate your opponent.

Originally Posted by Forge3 View Post
    wassup forge3.

Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wassup forge3.
    Oh hai Mr. Ben. Just drinking coffee and thinking of ordering some food and renting a movie tonight. I think I can see the fireworks from my top floor apartment for Canada Day tonight

ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz
    o heavenly blessed beauty whose inner and outer beauty is everlastingly divine

The above line is my daily prayer. I praise the inner and outer beauty of creation and that is the beginning and end of my spiritual practice.
    When all that says 'it is good' has been debunked, what says 'I want' remains.

- CS Lewis

Oh hai Mr. Ben. Just drinking coffee and thinking of ordering some food and renting a movie tonight. I think I can see the fireworks from my top floor apartment for Canada Day tonight
    ummmmm, that will be nice brah.
    but make sure not too much coffee at night.

Originally Posted by psamty View Post
    o heavenly blessed beauty whose inner and outer beauty is everlastingly divine

The above line is my daily prayer. I praise the inner and outer beauty of creation and that is the beginning and end of my spiritual practice.
    Lol the misc section going to heaven I see that line from WKs all the time lol. But in your context it is beautiful...

ummmmm, that will be nice brah.
    but make sure not too much coffee at night.
    I know

He is part of the human family whather you like it or not. Though it is exceedingly difficult for us to seperate deeds from the doer. Hate the deeds.
    I don't see where you are getting at. Are you saying we should be friends with people like hitler?

No you are not 'judging' you are just seeing that the person is dressed to skate. If you do something idiotic and I call you an idiot in general I am judging.
    That is called pre-judging, not judging. The judge judges you based upon the evidence, and the case you make in defense for yourself.

Where does it say words will never hurt one?
    You will be amazed at what a simple speech can do to loyal citizens willing to kill people of other nations.

That is not a moral.
    Strong reading comprehension. That is what I said.

It can be. Imagine if you are in a UFC and you underestimate the skill of your opponent. This could make you lackluster and lose. Never underestimate your opponent.
    This is the only one I agree with.

But the FUNNY thing is, that those are crappy morals. You can get better ones without religion. SUCH AS.

-Homosexuals have just as much rights as straight people do.

-We should be able to do what we want with our bodies as long it doesn't negatively affect other people. If your friends or family don't like you using marijuana, well too bad for them.

- We should look at the evidence and then make conclusions. Not the other way around which religion does " Here is our conclusions, now what evidence can we find for this?"

^ those outweigh any of the morals presented by mrben.

God is the All-Glorious Bahai.Lifter's Avatar
    Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Does anyone here want some form of spirituality without the institutional side
    I only want whatever God wants. If God has established His Revelation on earth, then I want to turn to it. What I want is of no value; I only want what He wants, because this is the best thing for me & for the entire human race.
    "O MAN OF TWO VISIONS! Close one eye and open the other. Close one to the world and all that is therein, and open the other to the hallowed beauty of the Beloved."

--Baha'u'llah

www.bahai.us

^ those outweigh any of the morals presented by mrben.
    those were presented by wikipedia(strong source brah).

Originally Posted by Bahai.Lifter View Post
    I only want whatever God wants. If God has established His Revelation on earth, then I want to turn to it. What I want is of no value; I only want what He wants, because this is the best thing for me & for the entire human race.
    dear leader kim jong il much?

1984 big brother much?

AND HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT GOD WANTS.

no no no, BEFORE ^ WHAT KIND OF THING IS GOD? WHO IS GOD. WHATS HIS PHONE NUMBER?