kaj08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Now starting Keto

I've been researching and planning a Keto diet since April and planned to start in May when I returned from Europe, but one thing led to another and I put it off. Now I'm spending the summer in NYC at my boyfriend's house for a month (he's crazy about dieting and working out) so I decided its time I finally start the Keto process.

I started on June 12th and have been sticking to it religiously every day. I eat things like eggs, sausage, tuna, peanut butter, different meats, oil, cheese, pepperoni, and veggies for carbs. I take 2 fish oils every day and a multi vitamin. My post-workout shake is Optimum 100% Gold Standard Whey.

Today is my 6th day on the Keto diet, but I haven't really experienced the effects of being in Ketosis, like the metal taste in your mouth, or funny smell to me. I have been getting really bad stomach aches (i don't like eggs) after breakfast, and I get head aches and feel a little weak sometimes. I don't know why I wouldn't be in ketosis since I stick 100% to my diet.

So far today I had my eggs and sausage for breakfast, tuna and pepperoni for lunch, post work out shake, and a hamburger with cheese.

I do very light cardio at the gym and focus on weights. Today I did chest, back and shoulders:
    Bench Press Machine 38lbs 4 sets 8
    Chest flys 40lbs 4 sets 15
    Pull down 40 lbs 4 sets 15
    Lateral raises 5 lb dumbbells 4 sets 15
    Back extension 4 sets 15
    Then I power walked at an incline for 15 minutes, and ran for 10 minutes.

Does this look good to anyone so far? I could use all the help I can get. Please and thank you!

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It will probably take you 10+ days to get into ketosis so hang in there. More intense cardio will put you there faster.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

Registered User TheHeirApparent's Avatar
    TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dont understand why go keto with bad fats. thats like putting ice cubes in a soup thats too hot. really doesnt make it better. sausage and pepperoni? meats? no keto expert at all, but u should prolly be eating more fish and less lean meat for results imo. and more natural nuts for fats besides peanut butter and meat, soy milk aswell. and fiberous veggies like broccolli and asparagus.
    Point the biggest skeptic out, I'll make him a believer.

R.I.P. Koloseum Gym

LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131240113

danjapress has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) danjapress has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) danjapress has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) danjapress has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) danjapress has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) danjapress has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) danjapress has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) danjapress has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) danjapress has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) danjapress has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) danjapress has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by kaj08 View Post
    I've been researching and planning a Keto diet ...
    Today is my 6th day on the Keto diet, but I haven't really experienced the effects of being in Ketosis, like the metal taste in your mouth, or funny smell to me. I have been getting really bad stomach aches (i don't like eggs) after breakfast, and I get head aches and feel a little weak sometimes. I don't know why I wouldn't be in ketosis since I stick 100% to my diet.

So far today I had my eggs and sausage for breakfast, tuna and pepperoni for lunch, post work out shake, and a hamburger with cheese.

I do very light cardio at the gym and focus on weights. Today I did chest, back and shoulders:
    Bench Press Machine 38lbs 4 sets 8
    Chest flys 40lbs 4 sets 15
    Pull down 40 lbs 4 sets 15
    Lateral raises 5 lb dumbbells 4 sets 15
    Back extension 4 sets 15
    Then I power walked at an incline for 15 minutes, and ran for 10 minutes.

Does this look good to anyone so far? I could use all the help I can get. Please and thank you!
    in order for ketosis to be induced carbs need to remain below 100 grams/day
    stated another way
    your body will not produce ketones if you eat 100 grams of carbs (or more).

that said where you want your carb intake to be at should definitely be below that and ppl who induce ketosis w/relatively high carb intake is usually 60-80 grams. though some people go even lower

this may be where you are having problems. -to address your question ketosis should start after 3 - 5 day.
    but if you are going one day w 30 g carbs another w 50 g carbs and then eat 110 grams carbs you will have to start the process over.
    So bottom line you have to check CAREFULLY to measure ur carb intake and make sure it is below the right amount.
    and p.s. peanut butter is a great fat as long as its natural, -check the label and make sure there is no sugar added.
    everything else seemed ok except you need to keep track of the few carbs here few there you get from eating protein and fats (and shakes)

good luck

Originally Posted by danjapress View Post
    in order for ketosis to be induced carbs need to remain below 100 grams/day
    stated another way
    your body will not produce ketones if you eat 100 grams of carbs (or more).

that said where you want your carb intake to be at should definitely be below that and ppl who induce ketosis w/relatively high carb intake is usually 60-80 grams. though some people go even lower

this may be where you are having problems. -to address your question ketosis should start after 3 - 5 day.
    but if you are going one day w 30 g carbs another w 50 g carbs and then eat 110 grams carbs you will have to start the process over.
    So bottom line you have to check CAREFULLY to measure ur carb intake and make sure it is below the right amount.
    and p.s. peanut butter is a great fat as long as its natural, -check the label and make sure there is no sugar added.
    everything else seemed ok except you need to keep track of the few carbs here few there you get from eating protein and fats (and shakes)

good luck
    Oh I track all of my macros, and my carb intake per day is roughly 20g carbs...I'm following the 5% carbs thing. Thank you for the advice though!

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Some take 5 days initially and others take more. This is part of the reason you are supposed to wait 2 weeks before doing your initial carb up. No need to worry.....if you aren't in ketosis already you will be soon if you are keeping your carbs under 20g.

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheHeirApparent View Post
    i dont understand why go keto with bad fats. thats like putting ice cubes in a soup thats too hot. really doesnt make it better. sausage and pepperoni? meats? no keto expert at all, but u should prolly be eating more fish and less lean meat for results imo. and more natural nuts for fats besides peanut butter and meat, soy milk aswell. and fiberous veggies like broccolli and asparagus.
    your still thinking the brain washed way we have all been tought througout school.. There are no bad fats.. except trans fats.. saturfated fats are only bad when combined with caloric excess AND carbs.. There has never been a test on saturated fats demonstrating anything bad with out using carbs.. every test done with saturated fats alone proved benificial and healthy.. our cells themselves are made of saturated fats.. Also one of the best things to eat for the body.. is coconut oil.. and guess what... its a saturated fat... saturated fat also increases test.. so if your trying to build muscle this can help.. a balanced keto diet should contail all fats
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

Thank you everyone for the advice! I did switch out some of the pepperoni and sausage for almonds and turkey bacon though. I asked Eileen (keto expert) and she said that the processed meats are okay in moderation but shouldn't become a staple.

I tried to up my cardio, but I've never been very good at high intensity cardio before (I have asthma)..but I'm trying! I still feel like I'm not in ketosis and its getting me mad because I have been sticking to this diet to a T, and have had zero cheats.

I did weigh myself after a week on the diet yesterday and found that I dropped 1 pound and 5% body fat...I just thought I would have lost more pounds by now...

still going strong!

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    40% red meat fat , 25% eggs n poultry skins , 10% processed one like pepperoni n salami n bacon - the rest omegas like evoo and avocados and oils . cream in coffee n tea and cream cheese in moderation .. 2nd week and after add nuts in
    pleny of dark green veggies lots of water , minimum sweeetened drinks

OH - and use LOTS of pasture butter !
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

Thumbs up

Onto my second week of Keto...I'm starting to feel like the cravings aren't so bad anymore. I used to be a realllyyy big calorie drinker...like any sort of soda or juice..I loved it. I honestly think this is the longest I've ever gone without having anything but water, but I realized today that I don't really crave those drinks so much anymore. I also feel like I'm not dyinggg to have carbs so this is a good thing!

Went to the gym today to do arms and had eggs, turkey bacon, almonds, tuna, green beans so far...i think some steak is on the menu for dinner tonight

I also realized I'm feeling a little better about myself. I didn't really see a difference on the scale yet, but I don't feel bloated or gross after I eat and I never really get that hungry. I'm starting to like the results...

I had my carb up on sunday and while it was nice to get some carbs in, I went to bed and woke up feeling really bloated and just gross. I know next time I need to clean my carbs up but I just couldn't deny my italian-self macaroni

I feel like I'm definitely seeing more definition in my arms and legs and my love handles also definitely went down so I'm pretty happy with the way things are going!

Recomp & Motivated Arr =) sid007's Avatar
    sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheHeirApparent View Post
    Good Call
    Down 15% BF Up 6 % Muscle in 7 months (March, April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept 2010)
    Maint / Recomp (oct 2010 - July 2011)
    Aug/Sep/Oct '11 - fat loss / cut Goal: 1 lb every 5 days / (3500 cals burnt every 5 days - 400 cal deficit food | 300 cal deficit gym daily)

My Fat Stack: Fish Oil, Olive Oil, Flax, PB, Eggs, Almonds, Almond Butter, CLA
    My Protein Stack: Chicken, Lean Steak, Deli Turkey, Fish, Egg Whites, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, ON Whey