k9bude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working out with Spondyilolthesis (sp?)

It's a slipped disc in your back usually it is the 4th or 5th lumbar. Not a problem unless it becomes unstable. Lower back is very hypermobil. There is some discomfort but mostly popping, grinding and cracking. Typical condition in women over 50 and alot of peeps have it without any symptoms.

Like to know if anyone on this board has this and how have you handled it. Going to a neuro surg. soon to see if "FIX IT" can be accomplished. Tootles

Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by k9bude View Post
    It's a slipped disc in your back usually it is the 4th or 5th lumbar. Not a problem unless it becomes unstable. Lower back is very hypermobil. There is some discomfort but mostly popping, grinding and cracking. Typical condition in women over 50 and alot of peeps have it without any symptoms.

Like to know if anyone on this board has this and how have you handled it. Going to a neuro surg. soon to see if "FIX IT" can be accomplished. Tootles
    Spondylolisthesis.
    No one here knows exactly what is wrong with your back and any bad advice can leave you permanently damaged. I am not a doctor but I am a medical writer and let me tell you, this is EXACTLY how I am going to start my next case study. Try to avoid back surgery... that should be a last resort. Back surgery rarely leads to pain relief.

So now that I have rained all over your parade, here is the upshot. Spondylolisthesis is often resolved with proper spinal stabilization exercises. That said, you need to find yourself a good physical therapist, and you need to go 3-4 times a week AND do the homework. Good luck. I am certain PT will help you out.

Hope that was somewhat helpful.
    Always demand more from yourself than anyone can ever expect of you.

www.KillerCircuits.com

k9bude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Reggie1642 View Post
    Spondylolisthesis.
    No one here knows exactly what is wrong with your back and any bad advice can leave you permanently damaged. I am not a doctor but I am a medical writer and let me tell you, this is EXACTLY how I am going to start my next case study. Try to avoid back surgery... that should be a last resort. Back surgery rarely leads to pain relief.

So now that I have rained all over your parade, here is the upshot. Spondylolisthesis is often resolved with proper spinal stabilization exercises. That said, you need to find yourself a good physical therapist, and you need to go 3-4 times a week AND do the homework. Good luck. I am certain PT will help you out.

Thanks Reggie for your reply !! I have gone to a physical therapist and have been doing my homework for the last 3 months with stabilization exercises. I have been doing so much core exercises I feel I do them in my dreams. I will find out more when I go to the doctor. I would like to avoid any surgery of course. Had total knee reconstruction done several years ago - wasn't fun but had to stabilize the knee.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Reggie1642 View Post
    Spondylolisthesis.

This is my experience too. My mother has had 4 back surgeries spaned over 10yrs now and still has issues and pain. She now has this "thing" implanted in her back to ease the pain.

The only thing i can add is to make sure you are at a healthy weight. Adding too much weight can make it worse for you.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.