Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Stats: 5'11", 210 lbs
    TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit TheDivil's BodySpace

Ultimate Warrior says overtraining is a myth

Sounds a little kooky at first, but the guy actually makes some sense. He basically and defends and explains a statement he made on his website saying overtraining is a BS concept, and many readers attacked him for it:

Overtraining.

Got quite a few emails about my comment that I believe overtraining is (another) sissy modern day concept -- and BS.

Many of you who commented couldn't believe I said such a thing. You think I should explain myself -- "if you can," you snidely add. Apparently, you're concerned young kids following my BODY advice might be "mislead." Going by your training standards today, you might be right. Young kids who follow my advice would be mislead in how to become champions -- winners. And God knows, we can't have any winners in our culture today. Not when kids are "lead" to be losers.

I found it interesting that the majority of you commentators seem to think you also read that I said rest or recovery is not necessary at all. Along with disagreeing with me by believing overtraining is possible and legit, you support your believe by chastising me, "You know rest is important for the body to recover, Warrior, so I don't understand why you would put forward any idea that it is not."

Yes, Einsteins, I do. I do know rest and recovery is important. I never said they were not. I never put forward any idea as you imagine. You read something into what I actually said that was not there at all.

What I said -- and absolutely still stand by -- is that overtraining is not possible unless you believe so in your mind. Oh, and it is BS.

Like most of the modern day theories intended to stifle action but stimulate a lot of yakkitty-yak, overtraining is one of those state-of-the-art suppositions that keep people from doing the THREE tried-and-true things they actually most need to do to build up their physiques or their physical strength:

Train. Train Hard. And TRAIN HARDER.

For good measure you might want to throw in a fourth thing if the three above don't seem to be working.

Number Four: TRAIN EVEN HARDER.

Training is what people of all ages, young and old, need to concentrate on before they think too much about doing anything else -- including the silly idea that they might be overtraining. Actually doing the exercise work at hand will do wonders for your body you would not believe. I guess, though, this isn't a training method scientific enough for today's trainers and trainees. On the other hand, thinking and talking too much can actually prohibit training altogether. Go figure. Walk into any gym today and see this self-evident truth at work for yourself.

Young recruits today think they need supplements like pro-hormones and NO2 stimulants before they even go to the gym and experience what it is like to grab the iron and throw it around for awhile. In my mind, a long while, say 3-5 years, for starters. Maybe after they put in that kind of time and commitment they can start having some serious thoughts about what might be important next.

I must get 50 emails a day asking me what is the best prohormone, and what is most important, working out? OR food and supplements? And they do not mean food and supplements to go along with the working out they would do at the same time. They mean -- is it more important to eat food and take supplements OR workout to build my body? Yes, fellow warrior, you are understanding me correctly in the way I've written this. Somehow or other these kids have the idea that they can eat food and supplements without working out and build their bodies that way. Exercise might not be necessary according to the newfangled bodybuilding theories they hold.

This is a direct result of the fraud and idiocy the health and fitness industry perpetuates, to sustain their desire to keep people ignorant, stupid, and confused. If a young kid is going to be mislead, and potentially do harm to himself, it is the modern day crap that it is going to cause it, not me saying overtraining is bs. My advice will actually help the kid!

Back in my bodybuilding days it was typical to train bodyparts three times per week, including even the compound exercises -- squats, deadlifts, bentover rows and heavy bench. I continually and progressively got huge and strong (all the monsters I knew then did too). Gritting, grinding, grunting, gnarling and growling were training concepts regularly witnessed, but overtraining? Never heard of it.

Train big. Eat big. Get plenty of good, sound rest. Period. All kinds of bodybuilders and strength athletes thrived off this simple three part formula. This was before they had all the theories, all the science, all the trainer certifications, and all the mad, over-the-top chemical experimentation that goes on today.

During my sports entertainment career, for over 5 years of a practically straight-through tour of duty, I traveled on a plane nearly every day, never missed any hardcore HIT workouts (no less than 6 days per week), survived on 3-4 hours sleep a night, and ate mostly 5-6 cans of tunafish per day (and practically nothing else when I could not find eating establishments that served good, clean food). Many times I would go 24 hour periods without any other kind of food -- no carbs, no fats...just tuna out of the can.

That's 24 hours where I would have also executed my workout and performed a wrestling match. I worked nearly every night of the year, pushing my body and energy reserves to the absolute limit. My success was dependent on my physique and physical conditioning. It was not something I could leave to chance or give silly, half-ass attention to. The limited caloric intake and the extreme workload never manifested anything but the most positive effects. My body ALWAYS took whatever exertion I subjected it to and it responded by getting better and better over time even though the mental and physical demands became greater and greater at the same time.

The problem with young people today is that they are doing too much theorizing and talking and not enough damn work. It's no mystery that athletic champions in any sport put in a lot of hours -- a full day's work of 8-10 hours working on what needs to be done to succeed at the highest level.

How all this BS started that the body of person working out with weights can only handle 90 minutes of training a day only a few times per week, and the remainder of the time should be spent laying around eating gourmet health foods and shoveling down expensive supplementation, I don't know. But I do know it is all BS because I speak from experiences that undisciplined, weak-minded individuals and skinny fitness-training theory freaks never had. All of this nonsense came from out of the minds of midgets who saw big money in marketing easy muscle building strategies to the masses of lazy, afraid-of-hard-work losers like themselves.

Sounds like excuses to me. Damn pathetic ones. Ones not tolerated around here. Get to the gym, shut the **** up and train your guts and brain out. Your body will tell you when it needs rest and recovery. When it does, give it some.

But don't be a slave to its whining. Your best and most effective muscle building workouts will be when you least feel like going to the gym. Don't be a sissy to soreness and hard work -- or even pain. Try it -- I promise, if you are serious about building muscle, you'll love it.

If being big and muscular was natural, we'd all be big and muscular. Your goal to be huge is not natural and your body is going to try and come up with all kinds of excuses because it does not like what you are making it do. Tough ****. Engage Mind over Matter and go back and torture the crap out of it again.

Any kid out there training 5, 6 or 7 days a week and doing everything and anything, giving it his all, keeping his attitude positive, paying attention to what his body is telling him, drinking gobs of milk and not worrying about whether he has the new age supps -- now, that's a kid you do need to be afraid of. There's a kid you will want to keep your eye on. Why? He's been mislead, and he's certain to be a future champion -- and warrior.

Kicking your OWN ass is the best way to discover what it takes to kick the ass of your competitor -- in any game or sport. Leave your OWN blood and guts in the training arena and your opponent will leave his on the battlefield.

Your Founding Father of Kicking His Own Ass in the Gym,

Always Believe,

Warrior
    "I Met A Wrestler!" - http://www.imetawrestler.com

Stats: 5'10", 220 lbs
    ProteinSupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ProteinSupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ProteinSupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ProteinSupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ProteinSupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ProteinSupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ProteinSupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ProteinSupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ProteinSupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ProteinSupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ProteinSupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ProteinSupreme's BodySpace

BodyPoints: 7491
    paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit paranoidxe's BodySpace
    Overtraining isn't a myth, if you ever get it you'll know. The most annoying part about it is the fast pounding heart beat when you lay down, makes it hard to go to sleep.
    Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished; If you're alive, it isn't.

TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TheDivil has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by ProteinSupreme View Post
    Absolutely brilliant!

BodyPoints: 31126
    IraHays has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IraHays has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IraHays has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IraHays has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IraHays has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IraHays has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IraHays has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IraHays has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IraHays has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IraHays has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IraHays has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit IraHays's BodySpace
    They couldn't go back to the Greasers
    All they could do was pick up the pieces
    Surely Brenda and Eddie would always find a way to survive

Stats: 5'10", 132 lbs
    slimjimmacdim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) slimjimmacdim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) slimjimmacdim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) slimjimmacdim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) slimjimmacdim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) slimjimmacdim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) slimjimmacdim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) slimjimmacdim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) slimjimmacdim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) slimjimmacdim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) slimjimmacdim is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit slimjimmacdim's BodySpace
    I trained 1 hour 7 days a week for years and never gained sht, eatign whatever.

Get Diesel Or Die Trying Younglifter16's Avatar
    Stats: 6'0", 230 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9205
    Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Younglifter16's BodySpace
    the dude used to juice like crazy, and on top of that he's borderline schizo. Would not take a word he says serious.

also, tl dr.

Stats: 5'11", 160 lbs
    IareSheep is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IareSheep is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IareSheep is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IareSheep is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IareSheep is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IareSheep is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IareSheep is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IareSheep is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IareSheep is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IareSheep is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IareSheep is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit IareSheep's BodySpace
    Holy ****, I got shivers from reading that, I'd rep you if I wasn't red.

Stats: 5'8", 164 lbs
    kookedkrack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kookedkrack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kookedkrack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kookedkrack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kookedkrack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kookedkrack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kookedkrack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kookedkrack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kookedkrack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kookedkrack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kookedkrack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit kookedkrack's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Younglifter16 View Post
    the dude used to juice like crazy, and on top of that he's borderline schizo. Would not take a word he says serious.

also, tl dr.
    This.

Dude was/is roided out of his mind.

Stats: 5'11", 195 lbs
    BodyPoints: 16340
    NextProtege has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextProtege has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextProtege has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextProtege has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextProtege has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextProtege has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextProtege has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextProtege has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextProtege has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextProtege has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextProtege has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit NextProtege's BodySpace

and cool story bro
    US Marine 0311 Combat Vet
    Owner - Genuine Fitness LLC
    ACSM/ISSA Personal Trainer
    Competitive Natural Bodybuilder

Follow my log to a natural pro card in 2014
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158337103

Stats: 5'11", 190 lbs
    mobikwa has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mobikwa has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mobikwa has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mobikwa has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mobikwa has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mobikwa has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mobikwa has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mobikwa has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mobikwa has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mobikwa has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mobikwa has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit mobikwa's BodySpace
    I'm not reading that but I agree. There is no overtraining, only under-eating and under-resting.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

SELCOUTH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SELCOUTH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SELCOUTH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SELCOUTH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SELCOUTH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SELCOUTH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SELCOUTH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SELCOUTH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SELCOUTH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SELCOUTH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SELCOUTH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SELCOUTH's BodySpace
    Ever had a decrease in strength?

For example (you have a perfect diet) say one week you could squat 300lbs for 10 reps then the next week you could only do 4 reps, well somehow you overtrained.
    Last edited by SELCOUTH; 06-28-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Stats: 6'0", 178 lbs
    Kenetics has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kenetics has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kenetics has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kenetics has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kenetics has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kenetics has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kenetics has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kenetics has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kenetics has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kenetics has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kenetics has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Kenetics's BodySpace
    The guy is so juiced it isnt funny not to mention he is bat shiit insane.

Stats: 5'11", 180 lbs
    cds2011 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cds2011 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cds2011 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cds2011 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cds2011 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cds2011 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cds2011 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cds2011 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cds2011 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cds2011 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cds2011 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit cds2011's BodySpace
    What's the writer's name?
    Misc Yes Man Crew

Originally Posted by cds1993 View Post
    Warrior. LOL...I'm not kidding either.

BodyPoints: 1679
    B33f has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) B33f has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) B33f has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) B33f has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) B33f has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) B33f has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) B33f has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) B33f has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) B33f has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) B33f has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) B33f has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit B33f's BodySpace
    Warrior
    Petition for page long DBZ GIF avatars: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142932951

Stats: 5'6", 160 lbs
    Captin Kid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Captin Kid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Captin Kid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Captin Kid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Captin Kid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Captin Kid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Captin Kid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Captin Kid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Captin Kid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Captin Kid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Captin Kid has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Captin Kid's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by paranoidxe View Post
    Overtraining isn't a myth, if you ever get it you'll know. The most annoying part about it is the fast pounding heart beat when you lay down, makes it hard to go to sleep.
    lol the dumbiest horse **** i heard

strongbuffbig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongbuffbig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongbuffbig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongbuffbig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongbuffbig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongbuffbig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongbuffbig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongbuffbig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongbuffbig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongbuffbig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongbuffbig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    looks like a bunch of complaing snd speculation with no evidence whatsoever to support what hes saying.

Train at 100% every day and see what happens....It's not that hard to figure out

paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) paranoidxe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished; If you're alive, it isn't.

kiddink has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kiddink has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kiddink has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kiddink has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kiddink has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kiddink has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kiddink has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kiddink has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kiddink has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kiddink has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kiddink has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit kiddink's BodySpace
    OP that's retarded.

Think about it like sun tanning. You want to get a tan, are you going to straight up go out in the sun for 6 hours? You'll ****ing burn. It's too much for the body to take in at one time. Instead you start light and build up.
    Homo example but it's the only one I could think of.

Overtraining definitely exists.

Originally Posted by KidSwole. View Post
    You should look into what overtraining is and the symptoms before you call it horse ****. It sucks ass, you feel depressed, you don't want to eat [which makes it worse] and your resting heart rate is all out of whack.

Performance

* Decreased performance (strength, power, muscle endurance, cardiovascular endurance)
    * Decreased training tolerance and increased recovery requirements
    * Decreased motor coordination
    * Increased technical faults

Physiology

* Altered resting heart rate (HR), blood pressure and respiration patterns
    * Decreased body fat and post-exercise body weight
    * Increased VO2, VE , and HR during submaximal work
    * Decreased lactate response
    * Increased basal metabolic rate
    * Chronic fatigue
    * Sleep and eating disorders
    * Menstrual disruptions
    * Headaches, gastrointestinal distress
    * Muscle soreness and damage
    * Joint aches and pains

Psychological

* Depression and apathy
    * Decreased self-esteem
    * Decreased ability to concentrate
    * Decreased self-efficacy
    * Sensitive to stress

Immunological

* Increased occurrence of illness
    * Decreased rate of healing
    * Impaired immune function (neutrophils, lymphocytes, mitogen responses, eosinophils)

Biochemical

* Hypothalamic dysfunction
    * Increased serum cortisol and SHBG
    * Decreased serum total and free testosterone, testosterone/cortisol ratio
    * Decreased muscle glycogen
    * Decreased serum hemoglobin, iron, and ferritin
    * Negative N2 balance

Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    bornfrompain has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bornfrompain has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bornfrompain has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bornfrompain has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bornfrompain has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bornfrompain has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bornfrompain has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bornfrompain has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bornfrompain has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bornfrompain has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bornfrompain has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit bornfrompain's BodySpace
    First name: Ultimate
    Last name: Warrior
    [A]LPHA [B]EARD [C]REW
    * Official Coffee Crew *
    * Traditional Wet Shave Crew *
    * Official Craft Beer Crew *
    Barca/Gunners

Stats: 5'11", 198 lbs
    BodyPoints: 25093
    JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JUSA's BodySpace
    He legally changed his name to "Warrior".

Also, not a bad read. I think most of the people who are schluffing it off didn't bother to look it over. Warrior may be bat**** nuts, and he is, but he's got some points here for sure, and juice or not, he's bigger now at 60 than anyone in this thread.
    Reps for life: AFC96

Originally Posted by kiddink View Post
    OP that's retarded.

Think about it like sun tanning. You want to get a tan, are you going to straight up go out in the sun for 6 hours? You'll ****ing burn. It's too much for the body to take in at one time. Instead you start light and build up.
    Homo example but it's the only one I could think of.

Overtraining definitely exists.
    I don't disagree with you, brother. I think it exists too. But he does raise a few good points, I especially liked these two:

1) Train big. Eat big. Get plenty of good, sound rest. Period. All kinds of bodybuilders and strength athletes thrived off this simple three part formula. This was before they had all the theories, all the science, all the trainer certifications, and all the mad, over-the-top chemical experimentation that goes on today.

and

2) How all this overtraining BS started that the body of person working out with weights can only handle 90 minutes of training a day only a few times per week, and the remainder of the time should be spent laying around eating gourmet health foods and shoveling down expensive supplementation, I don't know. But I do know it is all BS because I speak from experiences that undisciplined, weak-minded individuals and skinny fitness-training theory freaks never had. All of this nonsense came from out of the minds of midgets who saw big money in marketing easy muscle building strategies to the masses of lazy, afraid-of-hard-work losers like themselves.

Stats: 6'1", 98 lbs
    itsame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) itsame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) itsame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) itsame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) itsame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) itsame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) itsame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) itsame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) itsame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) itsame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) itsame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit itsame's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by KidSwole. View Post
    urine idiot.
    your also pretty fukcin fat brah
    90% troll.

StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit StevieMe's BodySpace
    He's probably right if you're juicin' the juice. Otherwise, i'm not so sure.

Brad_Pitt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Brad_Pitt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Brad_Pitt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Brad_Pitt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Brad_Pitt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Brad_Pitt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Brad_Pitt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Brad_Pitt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Brad_Pitt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Brad_Pitt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Brad_Pitt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)

Warrior knows what he's talking about.
    Joining Sherdog.com doesn't make you an MMA expert, reading Saucehead's threads don't make you a player and if describe yourself as an "alpha male", chances are, you're not one.

Traps for the Chaps ElBonemeister's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 190 lbs
    BodyPoints: 4299
    ElBonemeister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ElBonemeister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ElBonemeister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ElBonemeister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ElBonemeister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ElBonemeister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ElBonemeister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ElBonemeister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ElBonemeister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ElBonemeister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ElBonemeister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ElBonemeister's BodySpace
    Comes across as intelligent, but then I picture his face/antics lol

Stats: 5'9", 180 lbs
    LOWTESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LOWTESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LOWTESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LOWTESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LOWTESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LOWTESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LOWTESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LOWTESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LOWTESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LOWTESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LOWTESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit LOWTESTOSTERONE's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by ProteinSupreme View Post
    lol

Stats: 6'3", 337 lbs
    dunnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dunnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dunnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dunnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dunnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dunnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dunnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dunnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dunnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dunnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dunnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit dunnie's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by paranoidxe View Post
    that is when your body is simply adapting ................................
    Follow me into the trees. Watch me rob Adam And watch me rape Eve

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast