itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000)

Excruciating pain in knees after treadmill

Hey guys I'm having a hard time right now I haven't ran in like 2 years I'm 17/5'11 172lbs and recently I've been running as I'm preparing for my PST because I'm enlisting in the Navy trying to get my SEAL contract.

Anyway I've been running on a treadmill and I started week 1 running 2 miles at an 830 pace 3 times a week then a few weeks in it increased to 3. I don't remember quite when but I've been getting EXCRUCIATING pain around my knees that forces me to limp off the treadmill and ii t takes 10 minutes before I can do other exercise. I thought I'd tough it out but it's been weeks and it hurts so much. I'm not a p u s sy so its not some little bs I can ignore, I'm sure.

Question is what's causing it and how do I prevent it? I want to continue my training but today I only ran 1/3 of what I was supposed to because I don't wanna permanently injure myself.

I'm typing this in the gym as I'm cringing in pain...time to go hit the pool.

PS: the dulling pain aches for a day after until so it never really goes away. Also even if I run like 10 feet I will experience some degree of pain

REPS!
    Last edited by itrain4life98; 12-01-2015 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Add
    B: 225
    S:335
    DL:425

Shredzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I were you I would try icing and heating your knee after you run. It doesn't seem like the level of intensity of your running should cause you to have that much pain. My advice would be to seek medical attention. Possibly get an x-ray done or an MRI? Schedule it for whenever you have time in your day and usually it doesn't take very long to get the results back after the x-ray tech takes the photos. Hope you find a true solution!
    Working out is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I can't run or do lots of jumping (even for just a minute) because it really aggravates my knees. According to my doc, my issue is an unfortunate combination of heel-striking, extremely flat feet, and lack of synovial fluid around my joints. The pain gets so much worse when it's cold. Buy some knee sleeves in the mean time to keep your knees warm (it helps with pain too) and to help your knees track properly. I like to keep my on when I know that I have to walk or stand for long periods of time and sometimes when I sleep. Put a pillow under your knees if the pain bothers you at night, and definitely get an x-ray.
    52kg USAPL Raw Powerlifter
    I'm going to be strong someday.

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If running on the treadmill hurts, don't run on the treadmill. Run outside.