Page 43 of 109 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 3248
    That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by betajohn View Post
    sorry just chiming in, I have been stalking you're thread for a while now... just wondering you seem to know you're stuff, I have a bad lower back as well and can not go over 70kg deadlift, however this weight does not challenge me at all, Should I disregard them altogether or keep doing this lightweight that does not challenge me at all as conditioning?

thanks
    Hey man. Thanks for checking in. What's bad about your lower back? Is it weak or does it give you pain? I would never just disregard them all together, but I would focus on bringing that part of your body up. A bad lower back can be symptomatic of a lot of different things when it comes to effecting your lifts. It could be a weak core, weak hips, tight hips, weak erector spinae, etc.

What's your warmup look like? I would start check out the agile 8:
    http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask..._08-10-03.html

That's the best insofar as warming up your lower back and loosening your hips. Foam rolling will play a big part in this. Also, I would focus on exercises to bring your lower back up to spec. Things like back extensions and good mornings. I would stick with this weight and going high reps with it for now. But I would focus on your core and lower back exercises to build yourself back up.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1/26/12

Realization Phase

Overhead Press

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post821491961
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    well done on the PRs nice lifitng.

Also that's good progess with the incline benching as well, 3reps and 1rep over a month after setting two new PRs is still pretty good.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

Originally Posted by toad1 View Post
    well done on the PRs nice lifitng.

Also that's good progess with the incline benching as well, 3reps and 1rep over a month after setting two new PRs is still pretty good.
    Thanks! I'm really liking the progress i'm making with this program. The periodization on the main lifts works really well. And the supplement work from Defranco's Westside for Skinny Bastards is really paying off.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    wondered why no workouts... you are just too lazy to copy and paste it!!!
    Sleepy.

Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    wondered why no workouts... you are just too lazy to copy and paste it!!!
    Haha a little bit. Yes.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    Hey man. Thanks for checking in. What's bad about your lower back? Is it weak or does it give you pain? I would never just disregard them all together, but I would focus on bringing that part of your body up. A bad lower back can be symptomatic of a lot of different things when it comes to effecting your lifts. It could be a weak core, weak hips, tight hips, weak erector spinae, etc.

What's your warmup look like? I would start check out the agile 8:
    http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask..._08-10-03.html

That's the best insofar as warming up your lower back and loosening your hips. Foam rolling will play a big part in this. Also, I would focus on exercises to bring your lower back up to spec. Things like back extensions and good mornings. I would stick with this weight and going high reps with it for now. But I would focus on your core and lower back exercises to build yourself back up.

Thanks for replying, I have always had bad posture and although i am working on my posture a lot it brings with it a really weak lower back that is very hard to fix which brings me pain for example I cant stand for very long periods of time.

I do not have much of a warmup, I usually just jog for 5-10 minutes, I will start from monday using the agile 8 as warm up and focus alot on stretching out my lower back and strengthening it
    Yea thanks I am definitely going to start focusing on my core a lot more and see if I get any more improvement and will continue to do the dead-lifts with high reps.

thanks for that website its very helpful
    Sig line can't be a novel

Thanks for replying, I have always had bad posture and although i am working on my posture a lot it brings with it a really weak lower back that is very hard to fix which brings me pain for example I cant stand for very long periods of time.

I do not have much of a warmup, I usually just jog for 5-10 minutes, I will start from monday using the agile 8 as warm up and focus alot on stretching out my lower back and strengthening it
    Yea thanks I am definitely going to start focusing on my core a lot more and see if I get any more improvement and will continue to do the dead-lifts with high reps.

thanks for that website its very helpful
    If you have lower back issue, you might want to try either hanging from a pullup bar for a while, or even hanging upside down from one as well. it will help your back alignment as well.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) betajohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you have lower back issue, you might want to try either hanging from a pullup bar for a while, or even hanging upside down from one as well. it will help your back alignment as well.
    ok thanks, every time I do something like this my back cracks ALOT

ok thanks, every time I do something like this my back cracks ALOT
    if that happens, it could be alignment issues giving you pain. when i hurt my lower back, it used to crack very loudly when i would rehab it. you most likely h ave the same issue. if you gym has bands, it might be useful to utilize them.

try band good mornings.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

1/27/12

TJM: Deadlift Realization Phase
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post822034101

Also includes videos of Bench 225x10, Squat 290x10, Overhead Press 140x8, Trap bar deadlift 390x6
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

♠ CONQUERING BARBELL ♠ audieswu's Avatar
    audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1/27/12

TJM: Deadlift Realization Phase
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post822034101

Also includes videos of Bench 225x10, Squat 290x10, Overhead Press 140x8, Trap bar deadlift 390x6
    Beast Mode on the squats and bench bro nice vids too man. Sorry been busy and haven't been able to stop by here. I know you are doing work though
    CONQUERING BARBELL
    www.conqueringbarbell.com

DUP Training Powerlifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154586623

***Powerlifter Crew***

Instagram: Conquertheweights

if that happens, it could be alignment issues giving you pain. when i hurt my lower back, it used to crack very loudly when i would rehab it. you most likely h ave the same issue. if you gym has bands, it might be useful to utilize them.

try band good mornings.
    ok thanks a lot for the help, I will look into it and try the good mornings, my gym has those bands

Originally Posted by audieswu View Post
    Beast Mode on the squats and bench bro nice vids too man. Sorry been busy and haven't been able to stop by here. I know you are doing work though
    Thanks man! I know my squat form was bad, but at least I got it up. Going to work on my form for that. My lowerback as been really sore these days. Going to try to get a massage in at some point.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice work in the vids, i reckon you had more in that deadlift. you thought about that last rep to much.

i'm refusing to post in your other journal.

why you skipping on the deload week......and is that you finished your first TJM cycle. how did you find it.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

nice work in the vids, i reckon you had more in that deadlift. you thought about that last rep to much.

i'm refusing to post in your other journal.

why you skipping on the deload week......and is that you finished your first TJM cycle. how did you find it.
    Yeah I think you're right. I also ran out of chalk because I forgot to refill my bag, so my grip was off on each set I did. I've found with the trap bar, grip is much more of an issue than people think. Not so much being able to grip the bar, but gripping it correctly. Because you're in the middle of the weight, grabbing too the handles wrong will make the bar either dip forward or back. With straight bar you really don't have to worry about that/

I'm skipping deload because my body feels really good this week. I only have 3 weeks left in the full TJM cycle, so I'm powering through so to speak. I'm going to retest my maxes at the end of my amap week, then take a true deload week.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

TJM: Bench Press

1/30/12
    Skipping deload week. Powering through to the finish line!

TJM: Bench Press Accumulation Phase
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post823487561
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Here is me and my Most Improved Player 2011 trophy.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

1/31/12

TJM: Squat Accumulation Phase
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post824369481
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Make the Game Easy... B1GinNY82307's Avatar
    B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    oh shiat!

skipping deload for the 3 wave!??! !!
    Free Agent

Originally Posted by B1GinNY82307 View Post
    oh shiat!

skipping deload for the 3 wave!??! !!
    I know. Probably not the best place to skip the deload, but my body is ready. i've paprikad my angus.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Make the Game Easy... B1GinNY82307's Avatar
    B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know. Probably not the best place to skip the deload, but my body is ready. i've paprikad my angus.
    You know your body best, so...Get it!!!
    Free Agent

2/2/12

TJM: Over Head Press Accumulation Phase
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post825584181
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

2/3/12

TJM: Deadlift Accumulation Phase
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post826258981
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

2/6/12

TJM: Bench Intensification Phase
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post827764081

2/7/12

TJM: Squat Intensification Phase
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post828068311

2/9/12

TJM: Over Head Press Intensification Phase

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post829249921
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    christ you even for got to post your links...
    Sleepy.

Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    christ you even for got to post your links...
    I'm on a whole new level of laziness!
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

7 5 & 8 on the 3s phase you killing it dawg.

2/10/12

TJM: Deadlift Intensification Phase

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post829759611
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

7 5 & 8 on the 3s phase you killing it dawg.
    Thanks man! I wish I got a few more reps out of the squats, But I'll take anything over 3. This week is the true test. I'm going to going to try to hit a true 1rm after I AMAP on each day, then take a nice easy deload.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Page 43 of 109 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast