Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question SS - Press questions (low ceilings - have to sit.) Back rest or no?

My basement is equipped with an 8 foot ceiling. It is finished drywall to boot, so I don't want to pound weights through it. As a result, I am not going to be able to do the press as prescribed in the program. Ugh.

So I'm going to have to run some sort of seated overhead press.

My question to the group is should I adjust my bench to have the vertical back rest? Or should I just sit on the end of the bench in the flat position and press without back support.

Ideally I think I should press without the back support so that I can somewhat engage my core. That said, I'm afraid that being in the seated position may compromise the lift in ways I'm not expecting or familiar with.

So which is best for long term lifting and safety? With our without a back rest?

(P.S. I tried searching, but got impatient in that the dozen or so threads I read all related to seated being a suitable replacement with no mention of the back rest...)

experiencing the f*ck Germinator2000's Avatar
    Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    seated wihtout support works your stabilizers more then with support (but not like standing)

a reason many ppl prefer back support is just that u dont waste energy to stabilise the bar, this allows them to lift heavier witch means more muscle growth. but this goes against what SS is about.

as for safety, back support means u lift heavier witch means increased risk of shoulder injury. however, no back support increases risk for back injury. (u might not experience any of these, but if your prone to shoulder/back injury this might influenz your decision)
    Mächtiger als du denkst, Mutterficker.