www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)

Endurance training (High reps number) strengthen joints and tendons??

Hypertrophy specific training does not neglect endurance, because building endurance protects the joints by toughening cartilage, ligaments and tendons.
    http://www.combat-aging.com/hst-1.html

Utilizing lactic acid as a stimulus for tendon repair/health: Higher reps produce lactic acid which prepares the muscles and tendons for future heavy loads. Compound exercises are used to maximize the effects.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertr...cific_Training

True??

Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    bump

_OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't have the qualifications to comment on whether the science is sound but doing high reps after weeks of low reps feels good on the joints.

Originally Posted by _OZ_ View Post
    I don't have the qualifications to comment on whether the science is sound but doing high reps after weeks of low reps feels good on the joints.
    Feels easier on joints or joints feel good after the high volume?? I am going to do HST so I'll see what happens after 2 weeks of 15 reps.

Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Finnegan Bell View Post
    Feels easier on joints or joints feel good after the high volume?? I am going to do HST so I'll see what happens after 2 weeks of 15 reps.
    I've been told many times that high reps with lower weight does strengthen joints (works as 'conditioning') and that its a good idea to do a period of this conditioning before taking up heavy weight - low rep activity to avoid injury etc.

Not sure about the second point, perhaps for people not used to sports etc at all?
    but I think it's generally accepted that light weightlifting strengthens cartilage, ligaments, tendons and the like, yes.

I've heard of people with osteoporosis and related conditions having their symptoms made less serious with light weightlifting.

Hope this helps.
    Swing for the fences, son.

HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    tendon stiffness (a good thing) is going to be increased more with endurance training compared to being sedentary, but endurance training isn't gonna do **** compared to lifting moderate/heavy for the tendons and ligaments. tendon stiffness (once again, a good thing) is increased much moreso with moderate/heavy weight training and plyometrics (and that isn't high rep **** either)

ur joints feel better after high rep days because of blood flow

HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Evasion View Post
    I've heard of people with osteoporosis and related conditions having their symptoms made less serious with light weightlifting.

Hope this helps.
    mechotransduction (bone remodeling) needs high stimulus i.e high compressive or tensile force to become a factor in anything

of course if an individual has been sedentary all their lives this may not apply

Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evasion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HitItHard View Post
    mechotransduction (bone remodeling) needs high stimulus i.e high compressive or tensile force to become a factor in anything

of course if an individual has been sedentary all their lives this may not apply
    Ohh.
    Maybe its because they're bones are relatively weak (from osteoporosis) that they don't need much in the way of force.

I think I misfired on the question a bit, i'm referring to bone strength and the question is about ligaments, tendons..
    Swing for the fences, son.

Originally Posted by Evasion View Post
    Ohh.
    Maybe its because they're bones are relatively weak (from osteoporosis) that they don't need much in the way of force.

I think I misfired on the question a bit, i'm referring to bone strength and the question is about ligaments, tendons..
    oh hai

Originally Posted by HitItHard View Post
    tendon stiffness (a good thing) is going to be increased more with endurance training compared to being sedentary, but endurance training isn't gonna do **** compared to lifting moderate/heavy for the tendons and ligaments. tendon stiffness (once again, a good thing) is increased much moreso with moderate/heavy weight training and plyometrics (and that isn't high rep **** either)

ur joints feel better after high rep days because of blood flow