Closed Thread
    hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Race vs. Culture

I'm black.

I gave up hip hop a long time ago (mid 90s) and I'm happier for it (and I only got in to hip hop because it was expected of me by friends, peers, etc. long time ago in school. But I never grew up in a ghetto, my relatives are pretty well off and everyone has a master's degree).

So recently I had a repair guy visit my home. He's white, mid twenties or so, shows up an hour and a half late (I'm pissed, but I get the work done for free so). Anyways, from the moment I open the door and let this guy in, he's acting real ghetto. He's cursing and talking "street", telling me about that black pussy he was eatin down at the strip club, his connections to hip hop artists and drug dealers, and totally half-assin his damn job.

He's talking like he expects me to know all the ends and outs of the hip hop game, of the latest hip hop artists, mix tapes, underground tracks and new albums, who is in jail and who just got out, etc. He's asking me how much I paid for my home, talking about gold teeth, spinning rims, and joking about "dem damn polices".

Needless to say, I don't know or care about much of what he's talking about, I just want him to finish his damn job and GTFO.

Clearly he thought I could relate because of my race. He was mistaken. People need to realize that race and culture are completely different. Just because I'm black doesn't mean you can assume a damn thing about me, and just because he's white doesn't mean anyone can assume a damn thing about him.

And yes he looked like an average white guy, nothing "street" in his appearance at all.
    fin