Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    piscescloud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Bodyweight alternatives to pull ups? (WITHOUT gym equipment)

I don't have any equipment other than a few dumbbells which aren't particularly heavy, so I'm doing some intensified bodyweight training, the only problem is there isn't anywhere for me to do pull ups because I'm 6 ft 5 and the doorframe is too short ahahaaa, is there another alternative to it which doesn't involve really short doors and uses only my weight. I don't go to a gym, nor can I afford it

Cheers in advance xx
    Music is like a milkshake.

http://www.soundcloud.com/cloudarchitect

Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by piscescloud View Post
    I don't have any equipment other than a few dumbbells which aren't particularly heavy, so I'm doing some intensified bodyweight training, the only problem is there isn't anywhere for me to do pull ups because I'm 6 ft 5 and the doorframe is too short ahahaaa, is there another alternative to it which doesn't involve really short doors and uses only my weight. I don't go to a gym, nor can I afford it

Cheers in advance xx
    Is there a children's playground around you with playground equipment...or a school with a junglegym...they are some times high enough and have bars that you can use...not sure if you have a park that has a parcourse??
    Maybe your house has exposed rafters that you could attach a bar to...just some ideas..
    "It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others"

pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ctrainer View Post
    Is there a children's playground around you with playground equipment...or a school with a junglegym...they are some times high enough and have bars that you can use...not sure if you have a park that has a parcourse??
    Maybe your house has exposed rafters that you could attach a bar to...just some ideas..
    This is fantastic advice!

You can also take all those dumbbells you have, stick them in a bag, and do rows with them. Although that only works to a point.
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153427731&page=1

FMH Crew Brit in Training

Hey thanks for the quick reply, the only play area near me is for very small children, the bars are level with my eyes, it's also not a very nice place to be honest, a lot of chavs hang there so not many kids go there as you might imagine , I don't have any rafters in my house either, so it has to be strictly a bodyweight alternative involving the floor or a couple of chairs or something I'm afraid.

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Got any trees outside with relatively strong, horizontal branches?

And what about tucking your legs up to your knees while doing the pullups? Are you still too tall?
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ctrainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://stronglifts.com/how-to-do-inverted-rows

Try these...put a handle or something that can hold you weight across two chairs...
    "It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others"

Try these...put a handle or something that can hold you weight across two chairs...
    That's pretty awesome, I'll try and find something sturdy enough in my room, i must have something that I can use as a bar.

Cheers for the advice, if I can't find anything is there anything I can use for plan b?

all the way from kuwait pk-gargoyle's Avatar
    pk-gargoyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pk-gargoyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pk-gargoyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pk-gargoyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pk-gargoyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pk-gargoyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pk-gargoyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pk-gargoyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pk-gargoyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pk-gargoyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pk-gargoyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://stronglifts.com/how-to-do-inverted-rows

chairs won't be high enough at least they weren't for me, my arms are a bit long, i'm about 6'2 and i had the same problem the only solution i found is this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FezvSdEmas
    If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up.
    Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or walk around it.

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience by which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived though this horror. I can take the
    next thing that comes along.

The greater the obstacle, the more joy in overcoming it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler57cbig.jpg

How about this??

You could go wider...put your toes on the back of a chair if you need assistance...

anonymous
    You can do pull-ups in a doorway.... just bend your knees at a 90 degree angle back. My friend can do them and he's about your height.