LawsonLATS is not very helpful. (-500) LawsonLATS is not very helpful. (-500) LawsonLATS is not very helpful. (-500) LawsonLATS is not very helpful. (-500) LawsonLATS is not very helpful. (-500) LawsonLATS is not very helpful. (-500) LawsonLATS is not very helpful. (-500) LawsonLATS is not very helpful. (-500) LawsonLATS is not very helpful. (-500) LawsonLATS is not very helpful. (-500) LawsonLATS is not very helpful. (-500)

Lightbulb Power Bodybuilding

What is everyone's thoughts on power bodybuilding?

To my understanding it is just a combo of the two classes of lifting. It is using heavy weights with reps in the range of 4-7 and sets on each excerise are 4-6 with each set going till exertion or requiring a spotter. Then allowing for an extended resting period.

That is all i know on the topic and would appreciate anything you may be able to add to it.

Also i am wondering if anyone knows whether or not this style of lifting require different supplementation needs as i know that power lifting and body building vary greatly in that.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LawsonLATS View Post
    What is everyone's thoughts on power bodybuilding?

To my understanding it is just a combo of the two classes of lifting. It is using heavy weights with reps in the range of 4-7 and sets on each excerise are 4-6 with each set going till exertion or requiring a spotter. Then allowing for an extended resting period.

That is all i know on the topic and would appreciate anything you may be able to add to it.

Also i am wondering if anyone knows whether or not this style of lifting require different supplementation needs as i know that power lifting and body building vary greatly in that.
    There are a few ways to go about it, you could train half the year for a bodybuilding show, giving more attention to your proportions, keeping your waist slim and your shoulders wide and keeping your bodyfat in check followed by training for another 6 months just focusing on your maxes for bench squat deadlift.

You could follow a strength based routine with a bit of extra emphasis on volume and isolation work but with enough max effort work to get your bench squat and dead up throughout the year.

You could pick a middle ground rep range to do most of your work in but add enough heavy singles to get good at max lifting.

You could devote a few days a week to pure strength training and a few days to pure hypertrophy work.

Basically powerbuilding is powerlifting while actually paying attention to what you look like or bodybuilding while actually paying attention to your max lifts. If you are a beginner you should probably just be working on your strength for the most part anyways and if you eat enough the size will come.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    What makes you think the suplementation would be any different?

Granted most Powerlifters don't supplement as much as many bodybuilders but then they also eat a lot more real food so...
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17