DrZero50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Need some serious help with my Keto/Anabolic Diet Please!!

Hey there. I'll try to keep this brief...but PLEASE try to bear with me...I really need help. Thanks in advance!

5'5 - 166 lbs Male - 21 yrs old - approx 12-14% BF

Been powerlifting/bulking just about my whole life - reached (a pretty fat) 191 lbs.
    My lifts are pretty damn impressive given my height/weight...and also considering my BF%.

Lifts are as follows

Bench - 385 x 1
    Straight Leg Deadlift - 455
    Clean and Press - 225
    Squat - 405
    Olympic Curl - 155

Anyway, I'm sick of having the pudgy midsection and lovehandles - powerlifting isn't getting me anywhere for looks. So I began a very intense ketogenic/anabolic diet 3 weeks and 1 day ago.

Here is what I have so far:

Week 1 - started at 170 lbs - achieved 166.5 lbs
    Week 2 - started at 166.5 lbs - achieved 164 lbs
    Day 15 - CARB UP - started at 164 lbs
    Day 16 - AFTER CARB UP - started at 168 lbs
    Week 3 - Stuck at 166 lbs.

My goal is approximately 145 lbs at 4-5% bf.

According to every single BMR calculator I have...my body burns 1,700 calories on its own from a simple sedentary lifestyle (no exercise, nothing).

My daily gym routine is as follows

4 days a week I do 15 mins cardio warmup, 20 sets of strength training, then 30 mins of HIIT cardio (target heart rate at 135-145)

2 days a week I do 30 minutes of morning cardio IN ADDITION to the above plan.

1 day a week I don't strength train at all...but instead do approx 30-60 mins of various cardio

Sample of my daily routine:

Mon - 15 mins eliptical, 20 sets of chest/bis (30 seconds of rest between sets), 30 mins of stationary bike HIIT

Tues - 15 mins stationary bike, 20 sets of back/tris (30 seconds rest between sets), 30 mins of treadmill HIIT

Weds - 30 mins of morning fasting cardio (jogging), 20 sets of shoulders/abs/traps (30 seconds rest between sets), and 30 mins of stationary bike HIIT

Thurs - 15 mins of treadmill, 20 sets of legs (30 seconds rest between sets), 30 minutes of eliptical HIIT

Friday - 15 mins stationary bike, 20 sets of chest/back/shoulders (30 seconds rest between sets), 30 mins stationary bike HIIT

Saturday - 30 mins of morning fasting cardio (jogging), 15 mins of eliptical, 20 sets of legs/tris/bis (30 seconds rest between sets), and 30 mins of treadmill HIIT

Sunday - OFF but usually do 30-45 mins of cardio somewhere during the day (either raquetball or treadmill or something)

Anyway, I estimate I spend anywhere between 1 hour to 2 hours of INTENSE physical activity in any given day. That should burn anywhere between 300-600 calories in addition to my 1,700 BMR calories

That puts my body at 2,000-2,300 calories burned per day MINIMUM

Now here's the problem.

My diet for every day consists of:

Meal 1 - 50g protein shake 0 carb 5g fat
    Meal 2 - 4 whole eggs + 1/2 green pepper + 1 slice of tomato
    Meal 3 - 50g protein shake 0 carb 5g fat
    Meal 4 - 1 chicken breast on a green salad w/ olive oil
    Meal 5 - 1 cup cottage cheese + 1 tsp peanut butter + cinnamon

Total protein = 200g
    Total carbs = 0-10g (all from green veggies or peanut butter)
    Total fats = 60g

Supplements: Orange Triad Multi, Optimum Creatine Monohydrate, NOW! 100% whey isolate, Vitamin D, Vitamin C

Total calories for the day = Approximately 1,400.

Yes I measure virtually everything, read all labels, and meticulously keep track of everything I eat.

So with those numbers in mind, I should be burning approximately 600-900 cals a day MINIMUM...which should be a net fat loss of 1-2 lbs per week (not counting water weight).

Only problem is, I am stuck at 166 after the carb day. I am contemplating REMOVING the carb up day completely from my keto/anabolic/low carb diet because I think my body is extremely carb sensitive....is this a good idea?

Do any of you think I'm doing something wrong that is forcing my body to hold onto fat?

Any help on the subject would be much appreciated...thank you!

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well main issue here is if doing the anabolic ( palumbo ) diet there is no carb up..if so no more then 12 hours.. most people use a cheat meal as fat as i know.. a CKD keto diet carb ups are allowed and needed..

if you want to do a true keto diet... your macros are no where near where they should be
    2300 calories - 500 = 1800

fat should be 60-65% of your total calories
    1800 - 60% = 1080 to 1170 calories = 120g to 130g
    166 lbs - 13% bf = 144g
    your lean mass is 144.. this is your protein 144g = 576 calories
    carbs should be around 5% or less then 30g not encluding fiber

1800 calories
    fat 120-130g
    protein 144g
    carbs <30g

This is a CKD keto diet
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

Originally Posted by Brianterz View Post
    well main issue here is if doing the anabolic ( palumbo ) diet there is no carb up..if so no more then 12 hours.. most people use a cheat meal as fat as i know.. a CKD keto diet carb ups are allowed and needed..

if you want to do a true keto diet... your macros are no where near where they should be
    2300 calories - 500 = 1800

fat should be 60-65% of your total calories
    1800 - 60% = 1080 to 1170 calories = 120g to 130g
    166 lbs - 13% bf = 144g
    your lean mass is 144.. this is your protein 144g = 576 calories
    carbs should be around 5% or less then 30g not encluding fiber

1800 calories
    fat 120-130g
    protein 144g
    carbs <30g

This is a CKD keto diet

Hmmm...I see...so for pure fat loss and as much muscle retention as possible...would you advise that I boost my fat intake to 120g, reduce protein intake to 145g, keep carbs down to 5-10g total, and ELIMINATE the carb-up day completely?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DrZero50 View Post
    Hmmm...I see...so for pure fat loss and as much muscle retention as possible...would you advise that I boost my fat intake to 120g, reduce protein intake to 145g, keep carbs down to 5-10g total, and ELIMINATE the carb-up day completely?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    not emiminate the carb up.... If you want to do a true keto type diet.. raise fat, lower protein.. carbs 5 %

Carb up should be done on your second week of the diet... then done weekly for 24 hours.

if you choose to continue the annabolic approach then eliminate the carb up and do 1 cheat type meal
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

not emiminate the carb up.... If you want to do a true keto type diet.. raise fat, lower protein.. carbs 5 %

Carb up should be done on your second week of the diet... then done weekly for 24 hours.

if you choose to continue the annabolic approach then eliminate the carb up and do 1 cheat type meal
    well which approach is most effective?

anabolic or CKD?

well which approach is most effective?

anabolic or CKD?
    no way to really tell.. everyone is different.. most people do better with keto... Body builders prepping for a show do better with palumbo's.. if your stalling try CKD and see how it works..

However if you choose keto.. forget everything you though you knew about fats.. its all false.. dont just eat omega 3's and 6.. eat saturated fats too ( beef ) and eggs, butter, etc... only thing that will be bad is trans fats.. stay away from those

no way to really tell.. everyone is different.. most people do better with keto... Body builders prepping for a show do better with palumbo's.. if your stalling try CKD and see how it works..

However if you choose keto.. forget everything you though you knew about fats.. its all false.. dont just eat omega 3's and 6.. eat saturated fats too ( beef ) and eggs, butter, etc... only thing that will be bad is trans fats.. stay away from those

Ok I'm changing my diet to the following:

Meal 1 - 25g protein shake + 1tbsp coconut oil
    Meal 2 - 4 eggs cooked in olive oil + 1/2 green pepper
    Meal 3 - 25g protein shake + 1tbsp coconut oil
    Meal 4 - 8oz chicken breast cooked in olive oil on top of a green salad w/ more olive oil
    Meal 5 - 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese + 2tbsp heavy cream + 1 tsp peanut butter

totals:

1,700 cal, 150g protein, 100g fat, 0-10 carbs.

I will run this 6 days a week and do a carb up on the 7th day (sunday for me) which will be:

Meal 1 - 1 bowl shredded wheat w/ 1% milk
    Meal 2 - 2 cups brown rice
    Meal 3 - 1 cup whole grain pasta + 1 cup veggies
    Meal 4 - 1 large whole grain bagel w/ nonfat or low fat cream cheese
    Meal 5 - 1 bowl shredded wheat w/ 1% milk

totals of approx:

300g carbs, 40g protein, 20g fat or approx 1,600 calories

let me know if that carb up should be appropriate with the CKD.

I also did 14 days with NO carb up until the 15th day already...so my body should be fairly accustomed to it. I just really need to be getting more fat and less protein I guess.

Let me know, thanks

Ok I'm changing my diet to the following:

Meal 1 - 25g protein shake + 1tbsp coconut oil
    Meal 2 - 4 eggs cooked in olive oil + 1/2 green pepper
    Meal 3 - 25g protein shake + 1tbsp coconut oil
    Meal 4 - 8oz chicken breast cooked in olive oil on top of a green salad w/ more olive oil
    Meal 5 - 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese + 2tbsp heavy cream + 1 tsp peanut butter

totals:

1,700 cal, 150g protein, 100g fat, 0-10 carbs.

I will run this 6 days a week and do a carb up on the 7th day (sunday for me) which will be:

Meal 1 - 1 bowl shredded wheat w/ 1% milk
    Meal 2 - 2 cups brown rice
    Meal 3 - 1 cup whole grain pasta + 1 cup veggies
    Meal 4 - 1 large whole grain bagel w/ nonfat or low fat cream cheese
    Meal 5 - 1 bowl shredded wheat w/ 1% milk

totals of approx:

300g carbs, 40g protein, 20g fat or approx 1,600 calories

let me know if that carb up should be appropriate with the CKD.

I also did 14 days with NO carb up until the 15th day already...so my body should be fairly accustomed to it. I just really need to be getting more fat and less protein I guess.

Let me know, thanks
    Looks good... if your pwo shake is the second shake you listed.. drop the coconut oil and add it to something else.. fat slows the absorbtion of the shake down.. not what you need.

on your carb up.. it should be slightly above maintenance.. this is a refeed session and where you repair and build muscle.. so eat up.. you will gain some water weight but dont worry it will be gone in a day or two.. protein should also be steady at 144g

plan on eating at least 2500 calories with your macros reversed
    50-60% carbs 30-40% protein very low fat

Looks good... if your pwo shake is the second shake you listed.. drop the coconut oil and add it to something else.. fat slows the absorbtion of the shake down.. not what you need.

on your carb up.. it should be slightly above maintenance.. this is a refeed session and where you repair and build muscle.. so eat up.. you will gain some water weight but dont worry it will be gone in a day or two.. protein should also be steady at 144g

plan on eating at least 2500 calories with your macros reversed
    50-60% carbs 30-40% protein very low fat
    Ok that works for me....so for the PWO shake...should I avoid fat all together and just eat some pure fat about 30-45 mins later to compensate? Maybe some heavy cream...mmmm

So keep protein at 145g even on the carb up day?

Also, are you sure that eating an extra 1,000 calories on sunday isn't going to hinder my fat losses? I'll give your method a shot...seems legit and worth a try for sure.

thanks for the help

Ok that works for me....so for the PWO shake...should I avoid fat all together and just eat some pure fat about 30-45 mins later to compensate? Maybe some heavy cream...mmmm

So keep protein at 145g even on the carb up day?

Also, are you sure that eating an extra 1,000 calories on sunday isn't going to hinder my fat losses? I'll give your method a shot...seems legit and worth a try for sure.

thanks for the help
    more like an hour to an hour and a half.. then have a regular keto meal

you can go over 145g here.. but try and eat more carbs then protein... remember your building and repairing on the carb up.. thats why you go slightly above maintenance.. but not much over.. if your worried... try maintenance.. like around 2300 calories

more like an hour to an hour and a half.. then have a regular keto meal

you can go over 145g here.. but try and eat more carbs then protein... remember your building and repairing on the carb up.. thats why you go slightly above maintenance.. but not much over.. if your worried... try maintenance.. like around 2300 calories
    got it.

thanks a lot for the help.

got it.

thanks a lot for the help.
    no prob.. good luck

JL2503 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi! I read through your situation, and I'm about the same height as you are, but with much less muscle mass..

I'm super curious to find out what happened after upping your fats etc!