Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1817
    RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    thats a little harsh bro...
    Bobs mean
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tough love hurts
    That's what she said

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    11/30/12

Training:
    Bench Primary

BB Bench
    120*5
    145*5
    170*3
    195*2
    210*2 (gimme something hard!!!)
    4x215*2 (PR)

Squats
    135*5
    185*5
    225*5
    235*5
    245*5
    255*5 (pretty sure this is a PR)

Pause Squats (tossed these in for sh!ts and giggles)
    2x225*3
    *3 count pause at bottom, freaking EASY

Leg Press
    2x5p+10/s*10

Standing Ham Curls
    2x12

Incline DB Press
    80*10 (come on, this is ridiculous)
    3x85*6
    *stopped before failure...

DB Fly
    3x45's*10
    *Tempo lift, 4s neg and pos...

Diet
    dunno... lots of booze lol

Pic Update:

12/1/12

Training:
    Accessory Primary

Deadlift Cardio (to the depths with Doug Miller for posting that damn GVT vid of deadlifts...)
    2x320*10
    309*10
    *started losing form...

Fixed Cambered Bar Preacher Curls
    3x60*10

21's (used a olympic BB for this... def. very different)
    2x55

Neutral Grip Pullups
    3xBW*10,10,8
    *bi's were RAPED again...

Nautilus Compound Low Rows
    2p+25/s*8 (may have been a bit optimistic lol)
    2x2p+10/s*10
    *losing steam bad by this point

Skull Crusher (fixed cambered bar)
    100*8
    2x90*10

Rope Cable Pressdown
    2x10
    *X/1/2/1 tempo

DB Lat Raise
    3x37.5's*10

Pec Dec Reverse Fly
    2x120*12

Diet
    not sure again...

Notes
    Ok so gotta catch up for the past couple days... yesterday was an AMAZING workout, i think the day off was just the thing i needed to give me that push. i felt SUPER strong on bench, so that was really nice for a change. I changed my stance on my squats up a bit, narrowing my feet some. i tried this out on the heavy squats earlier during the week and i felt much more stable, and the carryover to yesterday was the exact same. i think i need to see a chiropractor or a DO sometime soon for an adjustment, ever since all that travel my back has been crazy tight, no matter how much i foam roll, stretch, etc.

todays workout was very much a drag lol... that was a direct result of getting talked into a lot of partying last night lol. we had a seminar like usual yesterday afternoon, and after the seminar we all went to happy hour, again like usual. my whole lab (me and two girls) were there and had some bonding time (haha) and one of them works at the bar so we got free beer. well a pitcher and a half later we are leaving to go to the social for the visiting prof. got there and i was damn hungry, so i packed away some brownies, some crackers with cheese, typical finger foods lol, then my lab mate broke out the rum... well between the three of us we finished the fifth. then we headed to a birthday party for a friend of ours, which would have involved drinking more, but driving there i decided that if i wanted any chance of making it home that couldn't happen. so i just went and hung out, killed people in drinking games so i wouldn't have to drink lol. this translated to me rolling into my apt at 230am, ate something, and fell asleep sitting up on the couch lol. so yeah, today's workout was good, but was a def. grind. tonight i'm headed to a buddy's house for spaghetti and movies, so that should be fun. tomorrow i'm gonna get in that GPP session i missed, so stay tuned for the update!
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    gratz on the deads PR! about the weight but different appereance...I wouldnt stress it, whatever happened has happened...it should light a fire under your azz and make you push harder in the gym so thats a plus!

...and almost 3k cals! nice man!
    Thanks man, i actually usually get more than 3k cals. i was a bit short with what i counted, and i don't count a lot of condiments so thats EASILY 50+cals that typically go unrepresented lol

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    You cant be losing size if you are still getting stronger dude.. Come on man.. use some logical thinking here....
    You are so negatve and keep thinking you are not in shape.. you are far from fat and still holding a lean physique every time you post pics..

Just keep training hard and eating...
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    I don't know what you're seeing but to me he's fat as fuarkkkkk Do you even lift? trololol.

PS- Thanks for the shout out brah! Finally got around to watching the Vlog!
    Says the guy who repped me and said "Keep on him, he needs it"

LOL!

Just playing! Patrick knows I feel the same way as you, so we need to both keep on him! You're not fat Patrick
    I know i'm not fat, but i can't help but hate on my genetics. i add fat in the most obvious places, like my ass (which is already huge, genetics FTL), my stomach, and my chest. but i know i'm not fat, as a matter of fact i got called pretty several times last night lol. i just don't want to get too far away from contest shape, because i know how hard it will be to diet down...

he whines about his bodycomp more than a 5 year old who gets her McDonalds free toy stolen from her happy meal.
    Bobs mean
    Tough love hurts
    That's what she said
    that was a bit uncalled for, but i do admit i "whine" a lot about my body comp. what you guys gotta realize is that NOBODY here in OK understands what we do as BBers, and so i don't have anyone to talk to about the frustrations of BBing. this is the only place i can do that, so it seems like every time i'm here it's what i talk about. so think what you want about my "whining" but just writing in here about it makes me feel better.
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    that was a bit uncalled for, but i do admit i "whine" a lot about my body comp. what you guys gotta realize is that NOBODY here in OK understands what we do as BBers, and so i don't have anyone to talk to about the frustrations of BBing. this is the only place i can do that, so it seems like every time i'm here it's what i talk about. so think what you want about my "whining" but just writing in here about it makes me feel better.
    Its your log so write as you please but i think people want to hear the more positive side too

Nice picture, back looks good

Workouts are nice, glad you had an amazing workout yesterday always makes you feel good
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    Its your log so write as you please but i think people want to hear the more positive side too

Nice picture, back looks good

Workouts are nice, glad you had an amazing workout yesterday always makes you feel good
    I agree that people want to hear the positive, and they will from now on. there's just not been as much positive in the past few months... it's hard to move, start a new school, and then get slammed with all kinds of work and hard times. but i've finally acclimated to being here and the workload is gonna be much less now that the semester's almost over... i mean hell today's workout is a perfect example, it wasn't teh best workout weights wise, but intensity was still high. and i had a great time last night despite that not being my ideal scene, so it's all good right now. thanks for the props on the back, for some reason it grows easy... it's improved more with less direct work than half my other body parts that i've been trying to bring up lol

jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey man, I don't mind hearing the negatives at all FYI. I like seeing both sides of things!

It's a damn shame that you can't compete in the natty bb associations because I think you'd be competitive right now. You have a good build and good symmetry. What's the plan as far as competing goes? (i know ive asked before) Anytime soon?

I'm also with ya on putting fat on in the worst places. UGH! My frigen stomach legit gets all the fat, with a little bit to the ass cheeks. Meanwhile Ogus has abs at 200 pounds when his stage weight will probably be 160 LOL

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

Hey man, I don't mind hearing the negatives at all FYI. I like seeing both sides of things!

It's a damn shame that you can't compete in the natty bb associations because I think you'd be competitive right now. You have a good build and good symmetry. What's the plan as far as competing goes? (i know ive asked before) Anytime soon?

I'm also with ya on putting fat on in the worst places. UGH! My frigen stomach legit gets all the fat, with a little bit to the ass cheeks. Meanwhile Ogus has abs at 200 pounds when his stage weight will probably be 160 LOL
    Yeah it sucks not being able to compete in natural organizations, but it's whatever at this point. I'm not planning to step on stage til next fall at the earliest, more likely spring 2014. I've seen some of my competition at this OSU show and I def need way more size... And Ogus is a damn freak of nature... I'd kill for his fat distribution... Not to mention he's a damn beast...

12/3/12

Training:
    Squat Primary

Squats
    135*5
    185*5
    225*3
    255*3
    275*1
    2x285*1
    *added belt on second set, but EASY... (saving my back for deads)
    295x (got off balance, had to bail...got ANGRY)
    2x295*1 (PR for sets, but STILL too easy!)
    4x305*1 (PR!!! thats more like it! and not a single grinder was had...)

BB Bench (not paused, target RPE = 8.5)
    115*8
    135*5
    155*5
    185*5
    195*5, 4
    2x190*5

Tempo Dips
    5xBW*10
    *2s negative

Squats
    135*5
    185*3
    225*3
    4x255*3
    *added belt again, was too easy...

Glute Ham Raise (60s rest max)
    5xBW*5
    *tempo lift, hands behind my back to make SURE i wasn't helping myself

Diet (C/P/F)
    3003kcal
    387/222/63

Notes
    had a freaking AMAZING workout this morning, went in feeling like an animal and came out acting like one lol... I could have gone heavier on bench, but i didn't want to push it because i was already sore from Friday, and it's not a bench primary day. i wore my belt for the first time in forever doing squats... normally i don't wear one for the benefit on my core, but my back has been REALLY been acting up... i want to save it for Wednesday's deadlifts, but i'm def. gonna have to see a chiro and maybe a massage therapist to work out the kinks. it's not injured, just REALLY tight and sore. no amount of foam rolling has helped, but i'm still working on it. i'm gonna make a peanut i think (2 lacrosse balls taped together) and get on it with that. i've decided to add in some speed/plyo work for GPP to get my agility and speed up to par. my friend and i have been volunteered for several intramural sports next semester through his girl's sorority, so i need to be on my game. no more losing seasons like soccer!

12/5/12

Training:
    Deadlift Primary

Sumo Deads
    155*5
    225*5
    275*3
    305*3
    345*2
    372*1 (easy...)
    *added belt
    402*1 (not bad)
    402x (stapled FTL)
    3x392*1
    392x
    382*1
    2x372*1
    *See notes... was supposed to be 10 sets of singles

Weighted Pullups (just outside shoulder width grip)
    5xBW+15*5
    *tempo lift (X/1/4/2), easy

DB Curls
    3x50's*5

Fixed BB Curls
    85*8
    90*8

Rack Pulls (back was tender as hell)
    225*5
    275*5
    3x315*5

Seated DB Laterals
    3x45's*5

Diet (C/P/F)
    3003 kcal
    387/222/63
    *probably more like 3048kcals, added a new cereal mix in PWO courtesy of my grandma that are prolly higher fat than regular cereal lol

Notes
    well today's workout was probably not a good idea... i was feeling REALLY good going in, and through all my warmups my back wasn't so bad, but after i added my belt i think something went wrong. 402 came up surprisingly easy, and i thought i'd get at least a few more singles out of it, but my strength off the floor went downhill FAST. what's worse is i irritated the HELL out of my back... it still really hurts, almost enough to make me think injury, but the pain type isn't like other injuries i've had. it feels like i'm REALLY sore in the areas described in the pic below, and when i try to stretch that area i almost can't. it's almost like a combo of a serious cramp and ridiculous lactic acid buildup. the weird thing is that it doesn't hurt to flex my erectors or even that area, it's just the stretch and constant dull ache. i dunno, but i'm hoping it goes away soon. i'll most likely lay off my deadlift work on Saturday, unless i figure out how to fix things (which i doubt will happen). That being said, the rest of my workout was plagued by my back, but still wasn't TOO bad... i wasn't happy with it, but i can't complain.

the pain is literally directly under the guy's hands in this picture, not on my spine, but like my obliques in the back... i dunno WTF is going on but it's pissing me off

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    NICE prs and past 2 workouts bro! Sorry to hear about that injury though...Im trying to think but cant be 100% sure what it is...only that area hurting?
    advertising not permitted

NICE prs and past 2 workouts bro! Sorry to hear about that injury though...Im trying to think but cant be 100% sure what it is...only that area hurting?
    yeah on that area... i almost thought it was kidney issues because of where it's aching, but it wouldn't subside after a while of not lifting... i've been foam rolling the hell outta my back, glutes and hams because i think it was originally irritated by compensating for the tightness in my glutes/hams in deep squats (from buttwink lol)

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go get it checked out and take some time off (i konw you are VERY stubborn) but why risk something and make it worse that may set you out longer ya know?

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hope its nothing serious and it goes soon

Be good to get it checked so you know what it is to put your mind at rest
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

Go get it checked out and take some time off (i konw you are VERY stubborn) but why risk something and make it worse that may set you out longer ya know?
    yeah i feel ya... the only problem is i don't actually have a primary doctor here in OK yet, and the chance of me getting to see one is slim because the majority have wait lists for new patients. I want to find a D.O. so they can do spinal adjustments too, so i'll be looking. i'm hoping laying off pulling for a bit and doin some serious rehab will alleviate the issues til i can find a doc to see. hopefully it's nothing serious!

Hope its nothing serious and it goes soon

Be good to get it checked so you know what it is to put your mind at rest
    thanks man, and i'll def. be trying to find someone to go to... it feels a little better this evening in terms of achiness, but is still VERY tender to stretch...

12/7/12

Training:
    Bench Primary

BB Bench (Paused)
    120*5
    145*5
    170*3
    195*1
    205*1
    215*1
    8x225*1 (M-Fing PR)

Squats
    135*5
    185*5
    3x225*10 (PR, mostly because i don't do higher reps)
    *fuuuuuu haven't done >5 reps on squats in a LONG time... this BLEW

1.25 Squats (see vid for demo)
    2x225*3
    *no prob!

Glute Ham Raise (wanted to be nice to my back, and leg press would irritate it)
    5x10

Incline BB Press
    4x185*5
    *again, EASY

DB Fly
    3x45's*10
    *Tempo lift, 4s neg and pos...

Diet
    dunno... lots of booze lol

12/8/12

Training:
    Accessory Primary

2x70*10 (PR)
    70*8

21's (w/ fat olympic BB)
    3x55

Neutral Grip Pullups
    3xBW*12,10,10

3x2p+10/s*12
    *WTF EASY...........

3x90*12,10,10

Lat Pull Cable Pressdown
    2x10
    *X/1/2/1 tempo

Plate Loaded Machine Press
    2x45/s*10

Smith Upright Rows
    2x135*10

Pec Dec Reverse Fly
    2x120*15

Diet
    won't be normal thats for sure!!!

Notes
    man alive where the hell did these workouts come from!!! they were amazing... i've been taking it easy on the back, stretching and foam rolling, and yesterday it was still a little off but not so much i didn't wanna do squats. i used a belt for all sets, just to keep my back in check. i'm feeling better than ever today! still not gonna pull any until probably Wednesday (next DL day), just to be sure... last night we went to happy hour and i only drank one pitcher this week (), but after i got all prettied up and went to a prom themed party, and lets just say desserts and liquor were consumed in copious amounts lol... tonight i've got another Christmas party to go to, but i'm not planning to drink too much lol... mostly eat, since it's a potluck! it's also walking distance from my apt. so that makes it even better! i'm planning on doing a v-log tomorrow after GPP (which will be speed training), so stay tuned for that! i'll leave you with two photos from last night:

me and one of my lab mates

suave? i think so...

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nice squattin bro! in for vlog!

12/9/12

Training:
    Off/GPP

Did some speed drills then some upper body plyos (very little though) and then practiced bball for a bit.

Diet
    3048 kcal
    387/222/68

Notes
    V-log below!!! couple things i forgot to hit on... first of all my macros are as seen above, not ~3k cals like i said in the vid. also, i'm happy making PR's and not gaining weight that fast, because as has been said before, if PR's are happenin something is goin good! if i do start to lose weight (which is a possibility) i'll up cals til i'm still maintaining weight but hitting PR's. other than that check the vlog!

nice squattin bro! in for vlog!
    thanks man, gotta catch up with you!!!

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Glad your back is feeling better. I get similar pain in the same spot after very heavy deadlifts. I want to say its the quadratus lumborum attachment. For me I am not sure whats actually spasming.....either the QL or the psoas. But they attach very near each other on the spine. I find that rolling the crap out of everything and stretching the QL and psoas really helps. I also find that my new morning routine of 10 minutes on the roller/stretching has been keeping all back pain to a minumum. But, I havent done any real HEAVY training either so its hard to say which is helping most.

Anyways...looking good in here, man. Keep it up!
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

12/10/12

Training:
    Squat Primary

Squats
    135*5
    185*5
    225*3
    255*3
    5x275*3 PR
    *hurt back?!? Hell no!!!

BB Bench (not paused, target RPE = 8.5)
    115*8
    135*5
    155*5
    185*5
    2x195*5
    3x190*5
    *EASY

Tempo Dips
    4xBW+15*8
    *deep stretch!

Pause Squats
    135*3
    165*3
    195*3
    4x235*3 PR
    *grinders? Don't care!

Glute Ham Raise (60s rest max)
    4xBW*5
    *had to gelp myself by set 4.....

Workout clips:

Diet (C/P/F)
    3048kcal
    387/222/68

Notes
    On my phone right now updating from school, I'm proctoring an exam right now. I'll give a bigger update later, but I think the comments speak for themselves

thanks man, gotta catch up with you!!!
    Yeah bro forreal! Got crazy busy the past couple of days...hit me up when you get a free chance.

nice workout clips bro!!!

12/12/12

Training:
    Deadlift Primary

Sumo Deads
    135*5
    225*3
    275*3
    315*3
    5x345*3
    *freaking EASY.... even went no straps!

Weighted Pullups (just outside shoulder width grip)
    5xBW+20lb chains*5
    *tempo lift (X/1/4/2), on a power rack bar

DB Curls
    3x50's*5

Fixed BB Curls
    2x90*8

Snatch Grip Deadlifts (in my Oly shoes for nostalgia )
    155*3
    199*3
    4x229*3
    *focus on keeping back tight and driving through glutes/hams

Strict DB Side Laterals
    3x45's*5

Diet (C/P/F)
    3048 kcal
    387/222/68

Notes
    what a fantastic workout... deadlifts felt SOLID! i made sure to focus on driving through my legs and think of it as pressing off the floor rather than pulling. 315 literally shot off the floor like 135 did. had to mix grip the working sets, but i switched between left and right dominant just for sh!ts and giggles. my back doesn't feel NEAR as tired as any other time, which means i did something right! the rest of the workout was boss because of how good i felt about the deads... i brought in the snatch grip deads to work on pulling off the floor and staying tight in the bottom of the lift, and i think that will help a lot. plus there is a lot of lat/middle back stimulation from sweeping the bar in close during the lift. anyway, the water is shut off at my apartment for the moment so i'm feeling grody, and i got work to do, so stay tuned for tomorrow, gonna hit some speed work for GPP!

Yeah bro forreal! Got crazy busy the past couple of days...hit me up when you get a free chance.

nice workout clips bro!!!
    thanks bro!

You have been killing it in here, hitting PRs in alot of sessions, well done

Your mind is certainly within the gym now and it shows.

Hope everything else is going well

You have been killing it in here, hitting PRs in alot of sessions, well done

Your mind is certainly within the gym now and it shows.

Hope everything else is going well
    thanks man, i'm finally getting into the swing of bodybuilding as a hobby and not a profession, and i think the less stress helps a lot... gonna be on the up and up!

Quick update

I ended up going out to a bar tonight and drinking... i missed my last meal to meet up with some people and went to a bar called Outlaws (country bar...). being that well drinks were 3.25 a drink i racked them up pretty quick, but to be fair i did a lot of two step practice and did some hip hop dancing. that being said i have a meeting at 9am and it's now 2:22 am... i ate all but 50 of my remaining cal's after coming back from the gym. did i need the cals? hell no, i easily made 3050ish from alcohol, but those aren't quality cals and i'm gonna need carbs to sober up before tomorrow morning. anyway, i'm going to bed as soon as my food settles to salvage what little sleep i have left lol... stay tuned tomorrow for some GPP work!

12/13/12

Training:
    Off Day/GPP

GPP:
    5 Rounds for time:

5 Hang Power Snatch (95lbs)
    10 Air squats
    15 Situps

Time: 7:24

Followed By:

Three Sets of
    5 Flat Foot Box Jumps (36in)
    10 Diamond Power Pushes
    *basically a diamond pushup off a box, explosively

did about 30min of basketball drills (shooting, handling, etc.) to finish off

Diet (C/P/F)
    dunno

Notes
    been a pretty long day... didn't get a lot of sleep last night, i ended up fallin asleep on my couch while typing what you see above lol. woke up at 430am and crawled in bed, but had a meeting at 9 so didn't have a lot of time to rest. not a biggie though, i actually felt pretty good all day. not sure what nutrition is gonna end up like today, i'm going for sushi for a girl's birthday and then going out again (i know... prolly not a good idea) but i doubt i'm gonna drink. lets just say i was feeling a little tender this morning (not bad, but weak until i hydrated), so i'm not feeling the booze tonight. i will enjoy some off diet eats and some dancing again though... i'm getting better at two stepping which makes me feel less inadequate around all these cowboys lol. anyway, tomorrow is bench primary day, but i have no commitments so i'll get plenty of sleep and food for the workout, should be a good one!

Good man enjoy yourself! Sounds like a fun time!

Notes
    been a pretty long day... didn't get a lot of sleep last night, i ended up fallin asleep on my couch while typing what you see above lol. woke up at 430am and crawled in bed, but had a meeting at 9 so didn't have a lot of time to rest. not a biggie though, i actually felt pretty good all day. not sure what nutrition is gonna end up like today, i'm going for sushi for a girl's birthday and then going out again (i know... prolly not a good idea) but i doubt i'm gonna drink. lets just say i was feeling a little tender this morning (not bad, but weak until i hydrated), so i'm not feeling the booze tonight. i will enjoy some off diet eats and some dancing again though... i'm getting better at two stepping which makes me feel less inadequate around all these cowboys lol. anyway, tomorrow is bench primary day, but i have no commitments so i'll get plenty of sleep and food for the workout, should be a good one!
    LOL - Awesome. I say get drunk 2 days in a row YOLO!

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

12/14/12

Training:
    Bench Primary

BB Bench (Paused)
    120*5
    145*5
    185*3
    5x205*3
    *wasn't feeling too strong on these...

Squats
    135*5
    185*5
    3x255*5 (PR, though i was wearing a belt)

Paused 1.25 Squats
    2x225*3

Lying Ham Curls (plate loaded)
    45*10 (easy)
    3x65*8
    *slow and squeezed...

Leg Extension (plate loaded)
    2x115*8

BB Bench (Paused)
    185*5
    3x175*5
    *was pretty wrecked by this point

Incline DB Fly
    3x40's*10
    *pause at bottom

Diet
    3048 kcal
    387/222/68

Notes
    pretty meh workout today... i wasn't feeling tired or anything i just didn't have the umph in my lifts. it's probably an artifact of falling asleep on my couch like 3 days this week... oh and being out til 2am several nights in a row lol! there has been a reason for each night we've gone out, the past two were for people's birthdays, tonight is to celebrate the end of the semester. i only had a couple drinks last night but danced til the cows came home lol. not drinking tonight, i actually had nose bleeds from the alcohol i've been drinking (i can explain the mechanism, but it's pretty involved lol). hopefully tomorrow i can get some reasonable sleep because the friend who keeps convincing me to come out dancing is leaving for home tomorrow. after my w/o today i cooled down shooting some basketball to get back in the rhythm for intramurals, but ended up getting roped into playing a 3 on 3 game... i actually enjoyed the hell out of myself, and didn't get winded at all, so thats a good sign that i'm not wasting my GPP lol. anyway, late night tonight, so be looking for a late update tomorrow after some accessory work!

Good man enjoy yourself! Sounds like a fun time!
    LOL - Awesome. I say get drunk 2 days in a row YOLO!
    i've been having a blast!!! i never thought i'd like dancing so much because i used to be shy as hell about it, even though i'm pretty decent. i've been the person draggin people onto the dance floor the past two nights, and even without inebriation! lol now if i can balance that with better sleep i'll be kosher!

12/15/12

Training:
    Accessory Primary

Speed Deadlifts (sumo)
    5x275*3

3x70*10 (PR)

21's (w/ olympic BB)
    3x60

Neutral Grip Pullups
    3xBW*12,12,10

2p+25/s*10
    2x2p+15/s*10
    *got a little froggy again lol

3x90*12

Lat Pull Cable Pressdown
    2x10
    *X/1/2/1 tempo

Plate Loaded Shoulder Machine Press
    2x70/s*10

Smith Upright Rows
    2x135*10

Pec Dec Reverse Fly
    2x125*15

Diet
    3048 kcal
    387/222/68

Notes
    fantastic workout today, and i am WIPED lol. went out last night like I said and danced til ~130 this morning, but i got to sleep in so it was good. got up, ate a couple meals and hit the weights! i was pretty surprised TBH on how strong i felt in my deads, the bar moved nice and fast. it's kind of amazing to look back and think how i used to struggle with touch and go reps at that weight...

on a side note, BIG news to announce! i've been talking to Matt Jansen from The Strength Guys and we are going to be working together from now all the way through my prep next year! I'm crazy excited, I've known Matt for a while so I'm very honored to have him coaching me through this. the details haven't been hammered completely out, but should be a little over a week and we'll be getting started! off day tomorrow, gonna get some well needed rest and relaxation!

Nice workout and awesome news!!! Been hearing great things about those guys!