yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100)

If you ate too much, do you hit the gym ASAP?

Lets say you don't want to gain fat. And you happened to get out of control with your eating. Do you hit the gym right away to try to use the food as fuel and not to accumulate new fat??
    STATS:

Age - 33
    Height - 5'10"
    Weight - 148
    BF - 11%

NUTRITION:

Cal - 2800
    Fat - 60 gr
    Protein - 230 gr
    Carbs - 345 gr

WORKOUT:

MON - Chest, 5 exercises, 4 sets, 5-10 reps
    TUES - Back, 5 exercises, 4 sets, 5-10 reps
    WED - Shoulders, 5 exercises, 4 sets, 5-10 reps
    THUR - Bis, 5 exercises, 4 sets, 5-10 reps, Tris 5 exercises, 4 sets, 5-10 reps
    FRI: Full body Bootcamp
    SAT: Rest
    SUN: Legs, 5 exercises 3 sets each, 5-10 reps
    Cardio 2x a week, low intensity, 30 minutes.

duuuwork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) duuuwork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) duuuwork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) duuuwork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) duuuwork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) duuuwork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) duuuwork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) duuuwork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) duuuwork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) duuuwork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) duuuwork has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dont think this is a good habit to get into, next thing you know everytimne you go over your calories you will be hopping on a treadmill adn watching the calorie counter.....just lift balls out everytime you are in there, if you over eat a bit, oh well...just dont do it all the time.

imadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) imadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) imadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) imadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) imadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) imadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) imadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) imadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) imadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) imadam will become famous soon enough. (+50) imadam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    one times not gonna make that much of a difference (ie. cheat meals)

Sizzler32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sizzler32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sizzler32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sizzler32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sizzler32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sizzler32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sizzler32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sizzler32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sizzler32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sizzler32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sizzler32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by yadrutas View Post
    Lets say you don't want to gain fat. And you happened to get out of control with your eating. Do you hit the gym right away to try to use the food as fuel and not to accumulate new fat??
    I would go NOWHERE near the gym, if I over ate.

Let your bloat go down and have a good workout from alllllllll those carbs and cals you took in.

Chillax, brahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i take a f*ucking walk to walk it off and pray i dont sht my self

mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah just sit still so it turns into fat.. wait an hour or 2 man this is common sense
    ---- still lean still slowly bulking. ---

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So you're thinking that after you stuff your belly to bursting you should immediately go and lift heavy/run hard at the gym? You're gonna hurl bro.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i don't necessarily hit the gym hard immediately, but i like to be moving, like take a walk or something similar to get things moving and get rid of the nasty bloat that follows

Registered User blazing_hellion's Avatar
    blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Any time i over eat that much, I just make sure that i control what i eat beter the next few days and train extra hard to negate the effects. But If your on a controlled calorie diet for a long while, the extra calorie amount in the meal will make your metabolism go higher because it believes i will have to. Kinda the Yo-yo diet idea. =P
    "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender!"

"A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain something without sacrificing something else in return. But once you have overcome it and made it your own... You will posses a irreplaceable Full-metal heart." -Full Metal Alchemist

KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50) KublaiKhan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can't imagine how it would make a difference. If you're eating at an overall deficit over a given timespan, the calories from that particular binge will be used somehow and at some time, whether you burn them while the food is still sitting in your stomach or you wait for the excess to be stored as fat.

euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

I would rather have a sleep and wait for it to digest and then go to the gym

yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by KublaiKhan View Post
    I can't imagine how it would make a difference. If you're eating at an overall deficit over a given timespan, the calories from that particular binge will be used somehow and at some time, whether you burn them while the food is still sitting in your stomach or you wait for the excess to be stored as fat.
    Well if fat doesn't turn to muscle, my assumption is the food that is eaten has a window of time that it acts as fuel to turn into muscle, and anything unused becomes fat.
    STATS:

Age - 33
    Height - 5'10"
    Weight - 148
    BF - 11%

NUTRITION:

Cal - 2800
    Fat - 60 gr
    Protein - 230 gr
    Carbs - 345 gr

WORKOUT:

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Doing this will breed a very unhealthy relationship with food IMO. It's better to get over it and 'learn your lesson'.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well if fat doesn't turn to muscle, my assumption is the food that is eaten has a window of time that it acts as fuel to turn into muscle, and anything unused becomes fat.
    You have zero concept on how the body works dude. That is not how it works....:shakeshead:
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by FunkymonkAW View Post
    Doing this will breed a very unhealthy relationship with food IMO. It's better to get over it and 'learn your lesson'.
    This.

When I first started 'dieting' it became unhealthy very quickly. I either a) had to be strict all the time everytime or b) go crazy over cheating c) be strict all the time everytime... but if I'm not, so what, no biggie.

I chose C.

I remember when my friend started dieting (it didn't last, although he is a skinny runt now). His motto? "Eating is for fat people". Oops.

glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    man i think you are envisioning that your body absorbs or does its thing immediately. takes time for food to breakdown and travel thru your system. I relax after a big meal and maybe push a little harder next day, but I look at what happened the entire day. Sometimes especially if you've been training hard, its not necessarily bad to go crazy every once in a while (carb cycling/cheat meal)
    Never lose, Never stop, Never DIE!!!

ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I eat AFTER I workout (besides some scivation xtend) so that would be a no.
    Tips for making food http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108736051

Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    You have zero concept on how the body works dude. That is not how it works....:shakeshead:
    Well, I made an assumption. If it's wrong, instead of being critical, it would help me a lot if you told me how it works.
    STATS:

Age - 33
    Height - 5'10"
    Weight - 148
    BF - 11%

NUTRITION:

Cal - 2800
    Fat - 60 gr
    Protein - 230 gr
    Carbs - 345 gr

WORKOUT:

...on a mission... AlphaBrass01's Avatar
    AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In addition to the fact that this type of thing promotes more unhealthy behavior, there is NO WAY I would have a productive training session after a huge meal.

http://www.********.com/AlphaBrass01

IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its not that easy to gain fat dude, if you eat 3500 calories over your maintence you wont wake up with a one pound of fat on you

heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When this happens, I normally cut back on calories for the next 2-3 days to balance it out. It's really no different than calories cycling.

Remember - it's not what you have done in the past, it's what you do going forward.

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by blazing_hellion View Post
    Any time i over eat that much, I just make sure that i control what i eat beter the next few days and train extra hard to negate the effects. But If your on a controlled calorie diet for a long while, the extra calorie amount in the meal will make your metabolism go higher because it believes i will have to. Kinda the Yo-yo diet idea. =P
    ^^agree with this^^^
    "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground outside of the Lord's will. So do not be afraid, or worry, for you are worth much more than many sparrows."

"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and the rest shall be given to you as well."

jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by duuuwork View Post
    dont think this is a good habit to get into, next thing you know everytimne you go over your calories you will be hopping on a treadmill adn watching the calorie counter.....just lift balls out everytime you are in there, if you over eat a bit, oh well...just dont do it all the time.
    Ditto, Binging and exercising can quickly turn into a vicious cycle. THe I exercise therefore I can afford to eat what I see is a nasty trap.

Jorge
    Why do I want to lose weight? Simple, so my body can match my ego.

"He who learns only as a means to an end is destined to never reach his full potential" - JRA

Recomp & Motivated Arr =) sid007's Avatar
    sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Went to a buffet. Ate 'healthy' though it was more then I needed b/c it was a buffet

Was double motivated to hit the gym that night and glad I went.

I needed the refeed.
    Down 15% BF Up 6 % Muscle in 7 months (March, April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept 2010)
    Maint / Recomp (oct 2010 - July 2011)
    Aug/Sep/Oct '11 - fat loss / cut Goal: 1 lb every 5 days / (3500 cals burnt every 5 days - 400 cal deficit food | 300 cal deficit gym daily)

My Fat Stack: Fish Oil, Olive Oil, Flax, PB, Eggs, Almonds, Almond Butter, CLA
    My Protein Stack: Chicken, Lean Steak, Deli Turkey, Fish, Egg Whites, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, ON Whey