Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Jovinni's Steps and Stumbles to the Bikini Stage

I'm starting a new journal to help track my progress as I head to the stage in October. An aspiring Figure girl, I've decided to scale things back a bit and hit up the Bikini world first.

I could tell you what my training schedule looks like, but well, I tend to keep things pretty flexible. Working full time, being a mama to my boys and a saucy kitten to my husband, plus my extra-curricular's…doesn't leave much room for too stringent of a workout schedule. My energy ebbs and flows and while I like to push myself, if I need a break, I take it.

So, at this moment in time I am 14 weeks and 1 day away from my first competition.

I took some photos this morning but the quality leaves much to be a desired. They'lll have to do for now.

My diet is typically high protein, moderate fats, low carb.

Supplements I'm taking to help me along:

Double-T Betacene
    Double-T Glutacene
    Double-T KetoCuts
    Double-T CreaDyl
    XF Whey Protein
    Multi-Vitamin

October 2 - Here I come!

jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no feet pics? i am dissapoint lo
    Infinite Labs Rep

jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jordansrt View Post
    no feet pics? i am dissapoint lo
    Well, my cat showed up in the second pic so I figured that was a fair trade off

tiffanee777 is just really nice. (+1000) tiffanee777 is just really nice. (+1000) tiffanee777 is just really nice. (+1000) tiffanee777 is just really nice. (+1000) tiffanee777 is just really nice. (+1000) tiffanee777 is just really nice. (+1000) tiffanee777 is just really nice. (+1000) tiffanee777 is just really nice. (+1000) tiffanee777 is just really nice. (+1000) tiffanee777 is just really nice. (+1000) tiffanee777 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow, you look amazing right now!! You are going to kill bikini in 14 weeks girl. Good luck, and I can't wait to follow you along!!
    Tiffanee

thewendorf is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewendorf is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewendorf is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewendorf is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewendorf is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewendorf is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewendorf is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewendorf is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewendorf is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewendorf is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewendorf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Subed.

Que bonita.

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    YAY!!!

Oh this will be fun to follow along.

Great pics btw! You have a good frame for your comp. How are you going to change things week by week?

Originally Posted by tiffanee777 View Post
    Wow, you look amazing right now!! You are going to kill bikini in 14 weeks girl. Good luck, and I can't wait to follow you along!!
    Thanks Tiff! I'm glad to have you along

Originally Posted by thewendorf View Post
    Subed.

Que bonita.
    Why thank you

Originally Posted by sherdi View Post
    YAY!!!

Oh this will be fun to follow along.

Great pics btw! You have a good frame for your comp. How are you going to change things week by week?
    Yay! Glad you're going to follow along!

At this point, with my practice schedule I'm going to do two days of upper, two days of lower. Day 1 of upper is moderate volume, Day 2 is heavy. Then the same format with legs.

Right now I'm going to up the intensity of my cardio, focusing on HIIT with a few long runs added in. We'll see what this does for the next few weeks and then I'll reassess what I'm doing.

I'll take pics every two weeks or so to track progress.

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm in! Good luck. You look great already, so you'll look awesome by bikini time.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

mountaindog1 is just really nice. (+1000) mountaindog1 is just really nice. (+1000) mountaindog1 is just really nice. (+1000) mountaindog1 is just really nice. (+1000) mountaindog1 is just really nice. (+1000) mountaindog1 is just really nice. (+1000) mountaindog1 is just really nice. (+1000) mountaindog1 is just really nice. (+1000) mountaindog1 is just really nice. (+1000) mountaindog1 is just really nice. (+1000) mountaindog1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    SUBBED!!!! Que bonita is right!

JM
    John Meadows
    CSCS, CISSN

Creator of the "Mountain Dog diet"
    http://www.mountaindogdiet.com/

Prime Nutrition
    Blackstone Labs

alyssa.super is on a distinguished road. (+10) alyssa.super is on a distinguished road. (+10) alyssa.super is on a distinguished road. (+10) alyssa.super is on a distinguished road. (+10) alyssa.super is on a distinguished road. (+10) alyssa.super is on a distinguished road. (+10) alyssa.super is on a distinguished road. (+10) alyssa.super is on a distinguished road. (+10) alyssa.super is on a distinguished road. (+10) alyssa.super is on a distinguished road. (+10) alyssa.super is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I cannot look at your photos but with the comments I am sure you already look great! Good luck on your journey!
    <-sUper - - <3

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=604015083&posted=1#post604015083

Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    I'm in! Good luck. You look great already, so you'll look awesome by bikini time.
    Thanks Simpy!

Originally Posted by mountaindog1 View Post
    SUBBED!!!! Que bonita is right!

JM
    Hey mountaindog, glad to have you along!!!

Originally Posted by alyssa.super View Post
    I cannot look at your photos but with the comments I am sure you already look great! Good luck on your journey!
    Oh that's too bad. You really are missing out.. Ha, totally kidding!
    Thanks, I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this prep.

So this weekend has been spent hanging out with my brother and his family. They came down for a visit so I could see my baby niece who is 10 months old. I haven't seen her since we just about 2 months old.

Anyway, I haven't been able to work out since they've gotten here and diet has been so-so. Keeping it clean, portions small but I've been eating frequently. No sweat though, I've been doing good under the circumstances.

Yesterday I took my boys and my other niece who is 4 and my nephew who is 6, to walk in a parade with me and my rollergirl team. It was HOT HOT HOT but we had a lot of fun. I haven't skated on pavement since I was 10 years old. It took a little getting used to. Happy to report no embarrassing falls

As much as I love my brother and his family, I was hoping to have them out of the house today in time to get to practice but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

So, I'll just hit the gym later on this afternoon. We have another event the rollergirls need to work so I'm going to do that for a couple of hours. Again on skates so yay me!

So that's it for now, Monday morning will be the start of meal breakdowns and detailed workouts. Have a great Sunday everyone!!

happily married hottie! aznprincess's Avatar
    aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000)
    i hear you, extended family tends to really get in the way of workouts and the eating habits...

i haven't found a solution for this yet. usually, the issue is particularly bad when i'm also not in my house and go out of state to be w/ family. then it just becomes this huge hassle to make it to the gym and i don't want to put them out by asking them to cook different foods etc.

Reigning Pong Champion HappySnowBunny's Avatar
    HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Woohoo!! You look wonderful! Can't wait to see how this develops. I'm in!
    Fe= Iron
    Male=Man
    I am Iron Man!

My all around awesome journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122223251

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey there!! Bikini eh??? What comp are you planning to do? You have a great figure for it. can't wait to follow along!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

ALWAYS double taps. carbonmade78's Avatar
    carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey there! I'll be following along - you look fantastic already.

Good luck!
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

Originally Posted by aznprincess View Post
    i hear you, extended family tends to really get in the way of workouts and the eating habits...

i haven't found a solution for this yet. usually, the issue is particularly bad when i'm also not in my house and go out of state to be w/ family. then it just becomes this huge hassle to make it to the gym and i don't want to put them out by asking them to cook different foods etc.
    Yeah, the only solution I can figure is to alienate everyone. But then I probably wouldn't get as many cards over the holidays, so that's out.

Originally Posted by HappySnowBunny View Post
    Woohoo!! You look wonderful! Can't wait to see how this develops. I'm in!
    Thanks HSB!! Super glad to have you along!

Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    Hey there!! Bikini eh??? What comp are you planning to do? You have a great figure for it. can't wait to follow along!
    Hey Tara! Long time no talk, hope you've been well! I'm doing the Lakewood show in October. I figure with it being so close to home, I may as well

Originally Posted by carbonmade78 View Post
    Hey there! I'll be following along - you look fantastic already.

Good luck!
    Why thank you

Alright, so those of you in for updates:

Weekend was crazy busy, not much work done on my fitness but I was running the whole time. Well not literally. Part of it was spent skating.

Last night I managed to squeeze in a 2 mile run.

So, today I'm back to the program.

Workout:

Today I've got some gunz!

Bent Over Row - 1xbarx10, 1x10x20, 3x10x30

Seated Row - 1x10x70, 2x10x80
    - super set with -
    Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown - 1x10x70, 2x10x90

Went to work chest but still cannot. Stupid shoulder. It's really hindering my workouts.
    Best I could was:
    Chest Fly Machine - Partial ROM - 2x20x30

DB Curls 2x12x15
    One Arm Cable Curl - 2x10x10
    DB Delt Skier Kickback - 1x10x10, 3x10x12
    Curl Grip Pulldown - 1x15x20, 2x10x30
    DB Tricep Kickback - 1x10x10, 1x10x12
    DB Alternating Shoulder Press - 3x10x12

Supplements:

3 NO-Beta
    'bout to crack into some Glutacene

Food details to come....

Derby practice last night was really great. However, at the end of practice my right shoulder was in a lot of pain. It's pretty jacked up right now. I have an appointment for tonight to find out what's going on. Not too happy about this but it'll get worked out.

HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jovinni View Post
    Derby practice last night was really great. However, at the end of practice my right shoulder was in a lot of pain. It's pretty jacked up right now. I have an appointment for tonight to find out what's going on. Not too happy about this but it'll get worked out.
    Oh bummer! Glad you're getting it checked out though...hopefully it's nothing serious! Yikes...be careful with that. No fun getting benched this soon, yanno.

I know you probably said this already, but when is your first game btw?
    Fe= Iron
    Male=Man
    I am Iron Man!

My all around awesome journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122223251

Oh bummer! Glad you're getting it checked out though...hopefully it's nothing serious! Yikes...be careful with that. No fun getting benched this soon, yanno.

I know you probably said this already, but when is your first game btw?
    July 17th is the big day!!

Went to the doc last night, he thinks it's tendonitis but I'm getting an MRI to make sure nothing else is going on. All I know is that it hurts like a mutha!

I didn't workout yesterday from being so grumpy with my shoulder. Today I'm going to suck it up and hit up a leg workout.

I'm marking the 17th on my calendar so I can go to a random public place and start cheering....maybe you'll hear me. I can be really loud.

Seriously though....WAY COOL!!! Hope the shoulder mends by then. Tendonitis sucks. Find some Tiger Balm. Not the stuff in the tube either. The stuff in the little glass jar. It's really soothing.
    Fe= Iron
    Male=Man
    I am Iron Man!

I'm marking the 17th on my calendar so I can go to a random public place and start cheering....maybe you'll hear me. I can be really loud.

Seriously though....WAY COOL!!! Hope the shoulder mends by then. Tendonitis sucks. Find some Tiger Balm. Not the stuff in the tube either. The stuff in the little glass jar. It's really soothing.
    I would appreciate that very much. I'm certain that I'll hear you, my hearing is impeccable.

I having been posting out of consideration for anyone who ventures into this journal.

In a nutshell: My shoulder REALLY hurts. And it's making me increasingly grumpy.

Not that I'm wishing for it, but I will be surprised if something isn't fractured or broken. I'm now keeping my arm in a make shift sling. It freaking hurts.

I'm really worried as my first bout is in two weeks. So I'm just nursing it until then. I won't see the doc again for at least another week so treatment of my shoulder is entirely on me.

I'm in such a bad mood from the discomfort.

So that's it, that's all I have to report right now. I'm just going to be walking on the treadmill and in my neighborhood for exercise. Everything else is on hold.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about derby practice. I have until Tuesday evening to figure out if I'm going to say anything to my coach or not. My stubborn brain will decide at the last minute.

Okay I'm done. I give up. I had an MRI scheduled for this morning. I showed up and the machine was down. So they rescheduled me for this afternoon. I got a phone call saying that the machine still wasn't working. So if I call to reschedule it's likely I won't be able to get in for another few days, which means waiting even long to go back to my doctor. All for him to tell me officially what is wrong with my shoulder. Really though? At this point, a minimum of three weeks will have gone by before seeing my doctor again. Regardless of the diagnosis, that's a long to go without "official" treatment. So I'm deeming all of these doctor appointments to be useless.

I'm just going to conduct my own physical therapy and be done with it. I'm going to buy rib protectors so I can start using my midsection more and use lower body for blocking and hitting and hopefully preserve my shoulders during bouts.

I have 5 weeks until my race in the Captain Thurmond's. I don't have time to keep sitting and waiting for instructions from my doc. I've been sitting idly by for a week because of this injury and I've had enough.

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Booo! Damned medical system.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    Booo! Damned medical system.
    So irritating.

I have diagnosed myself with an AC Joint injury. With some physical therapy exercises and wrapping during practices, I think it will heal just fine and quickly.

So that's that.

Practice last night was HOT. Sweltering hot!! Tuesday nights is when we practice bouting and I was rotated through as a Jammer. I really like that position so hopefully I'll get to see that kind of action during our real bouts. But I also love blocking. That's when you really get to hit people and I'm really developing a solid technique. I'm so pumped for next Saturday!

I won't get in a run today like I had planned. I need to work through lunch so that I can get home early. Our two oldest boys are at Boy Scout camp and tonight is family night. I love seeing them at camp. They're so full of life and happy to see us. Not that they're much different otherwise, but distance makes the heart grow fonder

ALWAYS double taps. carbonmade78's Avatar
    carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey girlie! Good luck at your bout next saturday! I'm so jealous - I've always wanted to give derby a shot -b ut my lack of skating skills always stops me.

I hope your shoulder feels better soon - You sound like you've got a pretty kick ass plan for making it better.
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

So I'm been a little MIA...oops. Life has been crazy. But what else is new.

Quick recap:

Shoulder is still out-of-order. Broke down and got the MRI done. I was getting nervous about creating a worse situation by not having it properly diagnosed. I see the doc about my results this coming Monday.

In the mean time I'm learning how to avoid certain movements. At practice it gets wrapped up and I do no hitting. I have two more practices this week (tonight and tomorrow) and my bout is on Saturday. I figure with enough rest and some ace bandage, I'll be ready to roll on Saturday. Nothing is keeping me from bouting so I'm pretty excited about this weekend!

Workouts have been sporadic due to my shoulder. It's been affecting everything I do so I've been pretty limited.

I am still training for the triathlon in August, only now instead of being on a relay team, I'm doing the whole thing. My bike-leg partner had to drop out so it was either not do it at all, or do the whole thing. So I'm doing the whole thing.

G and I are teaming up and doing it as a team so I don't have to down the river on my own since I have zero experience.

So, less then 4 weeks to get ready for mountain biking, boating and trail running.

I think I need an MRI done on my brain. Something is clearly wrong with me.

As far as diet goes, I've been following the Fighter Diet by Pauline Nordin. I figure an extreme timeline calls for extreme dieting. All good stuff though, I'm very happy with the plan I'm following.

So that's it for now. I have a lot of catching up to do in journals.....

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi there,

Your pics look great! I will definitely be following along.

So sorry to hear about the shoulder prob - that is frustrating. It's definitely something that affects a lot of different movements!

That sucks your partner had to drop out of the triathlon, but impressive that you're going to do it all on your own!! That's intense
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

Originally Posted by vanillabn View Post
    Hi there,

Your pics look great! I will definitely be following along.

So sorry to hear about the shoulder prob - that is frustrating. It's definitely something that affects a lot of different movements!

That sucks your partner had to drop out of the triathlon, but impressive that you're going to do it all on your own!! That's intense
    Thanks! Glad to have you along

I have a bad habit of being stubborn and a somewhat positive trait of being tenacious turns ugly which results in me deciding stuff like this. Sometimes I'm my own worse enemy, ya know?

I did just get some really exciting news!! The official roster came out for our away bout in Kentucky. And yessiree bob, I most certainly made the roster! So not only do I get to duke it out this coming Saturday (which is also going to be filmed by Time Warner Cable), I'll be heading down to Kentucky on the 24th to bout it out with the Black N Bluegrass Rollergirls!!

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm so pumped! We'll be doing some promoting this evening at two locations so that will be fun. It looks like we're going to have a pretty big turnout for the bout. Can't wait!

Training this week has been hit or miss. Eating has not been the greatest. Hormones were creating a struggle for me. But I did pretty good despite the biological functions of a woman. I have to take a shorter lunch today so I'll just being doing 20 minutes or so of cardio.

Meant to come in here and update a little sooner but life gets in the way sometimes.

The bout on Saturday was SO.MUCH.FUN. The game was intense and the score was so close the entire time. The game will be aired on Time Warner Demand this weekend. I can't wait to see it. I got three minor penalties within the first few jams and I have no idea what I was doing. So I hope to see what I was doing. I just have to say, I love blocking. So much fun!

I should have some pics to post soon

We head to Kentucky for a bout on Saturday. This one could be interesting. When they were up here for a game, there was some drama. So, it may get ugly. But that just makes it more interesting to watch and be a part of

Shoulder update:

Had an MRI, went to see the doc and he tells me "I'm baffled". He doesn't know what's wrong with my shoulder. The MRI showed a perfectly healthy shoulder, he doesn't think it's tendinitis but he's not sure what is causing the problem. So he gave me a cortisone shot, I have physical therapy this afternoon and he's referring me to a specialist.

At this point the cortisone is making me feel like I can get back in the gym and start lifting but I'm reminding myself not to push it. So I'm still just doing cardio. Blech.

After today's physical therapy I'll at least know what I can do without causing further injury (I hope) and will plan my workouts around that.

Other updates:
    Still planning on the bikini comp in October (less than 11 weeks out) but I have to admit, I still struggle with the idea of 'bikini'. More and more I just see girls slutting it out on the stage. Not really what I'm wanting to be a part of. But I do want to get on the stage. It's a conflict for sure.

I am no longer doing the Captain Thurmonds. Our water softener crapped out on us so we need to focus our finances on getting that fixed. SUCH a letdown, but there's always next year.

It looks as though my marathon relay in September has turned into a half marathon. G may have to work that day so I will have to take his leg. Which means I'll be running 13 plus miles. I'm not sure how logistics will work out but it will.

So that's that.