Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    usc9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think people tend to look at this micro subjects rather than the bigger picture.

The majority of our food is still grown using pesticides and herbicides, with not too many longterm studies to back their use (The U.S. still uses many pesticides that have been banned in the E.U.).

Furthermore, a large amount of food that is out of season, is shipped from countries thousands of miles away. For example, if you want an avocado now, there's a good chance it's coming from Mexico. It is well known that they use banned pesticides, and there is lack of control.

There is also the topic of the close relationships many of the food corporations have with the U.S. gov. especially the FDA.

I guess a metaphor would be, you have a car that isn't running/broke down. You check every little system in the car, the spark plugs, the starter etc, but then realize that all the car needed was some gas.

I think before we start nitpicking, changing the U.S. food industry as a whole is a necessary step. Food, Inc. provides a pretty good summary. Anyways, I ramble. I've heard good things about raw diets.

demburglar will become famous soon enough. (+50) demburglar will become famous soon enough. (+50) demburglar will become famous soon enough. (+50) demburglar will become famous soon enough. (+50) demburglar will become famous soon enough. (+50) demburglar will become famous soon enough. (+50) demburglar will become famous soon enough. (+50) demburglar will become famous soon enough. (+50) demburglar will become famous soon enough. (+50) demburglar will become famous soon enough. (+50) demburglar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BRBbenchin300 View Post
    Vitamin B17, also known as amygdalin and laetrile, is a naturally-occurring compound found in many bitter seeds and nuts that has been found to aggressively destroy cancer cancer cells and cure all but the most terminal late-stage cancers. The FDA has banned its use and distribution in conventional medicine and marketing of Vitamin B17 as a cancer cure has been deemed a federal offense, though alternative health practitioners have been using concentrated laetrile as an effective cancer treatment for decades.

I've been eating 20-30 bitter apricot kernels four times a week for about five months now, trying to counteract any possible effects from years of smoking, bad nutrition and pharmaceutical drugs. Also trying to eat an alkaline organic diet along with supplementation.
    I would strongly encourage you to look up b17 cancer hoax on bing. B17 is a friendly name for cyanide that's why it's illegal bub. In studies b17 was used it did not help.

neetasharma570 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cancer Prevention Diet

Cancer prevention diet tip #1: Focus on cancer-fighting fruits and vegetables
    Cancer prevention diet tip #2: Fight cancer with fiber
    Cancer prevention diet tip #3: Cut down on meat
    Cancer prevention diet tip #4: Choose your fats wisely
    Cancer prevention diet tip #5: Prepare your food in healthy ways

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by neetasharma570 View Post
    Cancer Prevention Diet

Please post links to any clinical studies showing the cancer-preventative value of any of these practices.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ToningWasTooHarshForMe atgbrahsrs's Avatar
    atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by neetasharma570 View Post
    Cancer Prevention Diet

Oh my Lord.

:O

-_-
    communist until you get rich
    rightwing until financially secure
    atheist until the plane starts falling
    slootist until you get married
    muslim after you get married

TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BitterBlossom View Post
    If it has been shown to be this good, why did the FDA ban it?
    This is just hearsay, so take it as you want, but my dad was telling me of a friend of his who met an Israeli woman, married her and then moved to Israel. He apparently told my dad 'You wouldn't believe what it's like in Israel. There's no cancer, no AIDS - they have cures for all that stuff here.'

It seems a little farfetched, but the fact is that the health industry in the United States is a multi-billion dollar industry, and this of course would include oncology. So it may be in certain people or groups' best interests to keep things as they are. I don't know how much truth there is in this, but I've also heard anecdotal stories of some doctor (and there may have been more than one) that supposedly found a cure for cancer and then 'disappeared'.

Conspiracy theories aside, I wouldn't put much stock into anything the FDA says or does.

As for the B17, if what demburglar says is true, then yeah it's probably good to avoid it.
    Last edited by TonyM78; 05-01-2015 at 06:57 AM.

triumphhcg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wanaBsedated View Post
    I have heard varying opinions on what is the most effective plan.

Whats bb.com's take on which type of diet shows the most promise?

Curious.

Many case-control studies finds that a high consumption of fruits and vegetables reduce the numerous cancer risks.Two days back I came to read about the usages of green tea.The green tea and the cancer preventive dug,Sulindac , have the synergistic preventive effects.An approach to develop green tea capsules as a preventive drug in the US is discussed.

stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Positive thinking is the best cures + veganism, no alcohol, or smoking.

InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Please post links to any clinical studies showing the cancer-preventative value of any of these practices.
    The US medical model doesn't support alternative health practices. Canada is the only country currently experimenting in trials with alternative health means.

But as for legitimate real-world evidence, I have more than a mountain of it.

Feel free to research Gerson Therapy, the Hippocrates Health Institute, John R. Christopher, Richard Schulze, Dr Matthias Rath, Dr Michael Colgan, this list could go on with many many other people.

Alternative health practices have been long practiced and have always had a higher success rate than that of the modern medical model that thinks essentially killing the human body through radiation is a form of "healing." The human body is more than capable of healing itself from virtually any ailment. John R. Christopher once said (paraphrasing) that there is no incurable disease, only an incurable patient.

Did the Gerson family have success curing cancer patients using alternative therapy? Yes, immense success. Has the Hippocrates Health Institute? Yes, my own grandfather who had lymphoma went there and upon his return there was no trace of cancer cells. Did Christopher? Yes, so much so that he is seen as the grandfather of herbal medicine, there's a litany of books he authored/co-authored and the hundreds if not thousands of testimonies of the many "incurable" diseases he helped cure. Did Richard Schulze? Indeed he did. Dr Matthias Rath has done extensive research with Vitamin C and its relation to cancer. Another man I could list is Linus Pauling who paved the way for early Vitamin C research in cancer, which was then picked up and coupled with was Dr Matthias Rath then continued. Dr Michael Colgan had also done the same. Colgan also did a lot of work with Olympic athletes.

So to answer your request, no, there are no clinical studies that show it, but the "proof is in the pudding" so to speak. Then again, you're asking for clinical studies that would turn the entire medical industry on its head with treatments that are THOUSANDS of dollars cheaper than current cancer treatments. Now tell me, do you really think pharmaceutical companies would fund that? Would the government? No. Why? Because there is not a single pharmaceutical drug on the market that addresses disease, only the symptoms.

So many Americans, if not the world, think that "doctor knows best," "FDA knows best," "pharmaceutical drug companies know best." That way of thinking is so utterly flawed it's a marvel to me that people haven't dropped their drugs entirely and questioned "why," the "why" being, why is it that no matter how many times you visit your doctor and no matter how many poisonous drugs they prescribe, you will never be cured of your condition. Know why? Because the modern medical model does not address disease as if it were to allow the human body to heal itself.

Health practitioners are well aware of the human body's potential to heal itself. The companies that hold the monopoly on the medical industry know this as well, but willingly continually poison and already sick nation. You really don't question, why is it we have the most "advanced" medical industry on the face of this Earth, but we are the sickest nation on this planet?
    “If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health.”
    ― Hippocrates

MikeyMinaj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MikeyMinaj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MikeyMinaj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MikeyMinaj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MikeyMinaj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MikeyMinaj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MikeyMinaj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MikeyMinaj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MikeyMinaj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MikeyMinaj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MikeyMinaj has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mo' thigh and legs than the Colonel!
    ~~~

April to August 2014
    http://i.imgur.com/UDGsbqj.jpg

\m/ (>_<) \m/

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by inokaze View Post

so to answer your request, no, there are no clinical studies that show it...
    I figured as much. Not interested in anecdotal "evidence."
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

rick911 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rick911 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rick911 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rick911 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rick911 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rick911 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rick911 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rick911 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rick911 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rick911 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rick911 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    plant based diet hands down

CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think that certain diseases are where you should draw the line in terms of supplementation. We all come here hoping for an answer more for most of difficulties in health but that are certain things that are bigger than supplementation. I'm not underestimating the power of food, we are what we eat yes but I think that most researchers will discover at some point is that although it's important, supplementation needs more. My 2 cents

GlennMenjivar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes there are some food that have good evidence that they resist cancer such as
    Ginger , sperulina , camel milk , carrots , brocoli , honey , probolis , falx seed oil , vinegar , salvia (sage).
    Cut off sugar and you can use honey instead.
    Yes, I agreed. These foods are resisting cancer desease.

thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wanaBsedated View Post
    I have heard varying opinions on what is the most effective plan.

Whats bb.com's take on which type of diet shows the most promise?

Curious.
    Eat a lot of cruciferous vegetables! Cruciferous veggies contain a compound called allyl isothiocyanate, which targets cancer cells, causes mitochondrial injury to them, and then induces apoptosis (cell death)! Moreover, eating other fruits and veggies high in anthocyanins will also work to kill cancer cells through similar mechanisms. This is all supplementary to medical treatment, nothing can replace that!

InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) InoKaze will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I figured as much. Not interested in anecdotal "evidence."
    So where are your sources to refute what i've said? You're arguing from ignorance, willful ignorance.

Anyone can research Dr. Max Gerson, John R. Christopher, Richard Schulze, Dr. Bernard Jensen, Dr. Matthias Rath, and find testimony after testimony to their legitimacy. It's people like you who plug their ears crying "lalalala" as soon as someone brings up any of their names, regardless of what actually matters, testimony.

However, I invite you to find me an instance where the modern medical industry welcomed with open arms and endorsed trials that involved alternative treatments.

How about we discuss their treatment methods, and then you can at least attempt to refute them.

http://pages.jh.edu/jhumag/0408web/talalay.html

Sprouted greens is one of the most common dietary "treatments" that is incorporated into many health clinics and past practitioners. I'll await your "evidence" that would attempt to dub it quackery. Unfortunately, it's not.

http://www4.dr-rath-foundation.org/p...erresearch.pdf

Are you able to refute the use of ascorbate, L-lysine and L-proline for cancer, let alone it's vital role?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km2cqQNFtEs Here's a film that interviewed many practitioners as well as the patients. One of great interest that will hopefully knock some sense into you would be Rene Caisse and Dr. Charles Brusch (physician of John F. Kennedy) and his clinic tested and found the results to be favorable in its affect on cancer. This is one of the treatments that gained the most notoriety and was even presented before a medical panel and was rejected simply because (paraphrasing) "well if we endorse it as a treatment, how will you know which one to use with we release x, y and z," as you'll see them say in the video.

But alas, you're of the percentage that believe you can "cure" yourself of cancer by poisoning and radiating it out of the human body, that in itself is illogical.

What trumps "clinical trials" (which would be biased anyways) is testimony. My own grandfather had leukemia and went through one dose of chemo and stopped it there after he lost his hair, and being given four months to live should he not continue the therapy. Fortunately for him, he was convinced by my family to go to Hippocrates, once he returned no cancer was found, and he lived another 14 years, and died of old age.

My testimony is no different from those who took the responsible route to treating their illness.

Your only defense is that it's "anecdotal evidence," whereas there is quite literally a mountain of testimony that contradicts your position on the matter.
    “If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health.”
    ― Hippocrates

Originally Posted by InoKaze View Post
    ...........snip..............
    You must have me confused with someone who actually cares about arguing, debating, or "refuting" posts on an internet forum.

Good luck meeting your fitness goals for 2015.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal: