BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Personal training in a gym without certifacation

Hey everyone. Just wanted to get your imput on something. I have a friend that works at a local youfit gym. She talked with one of the head trainers their for me about getting a job there. He said I could train people there without a certifacation. I'm going in to talk to him Friday but I'm a little worried that without a certifaction or insurance I would be putting my self in the line of fire for a lawsuit if something went wrong. Im currently studying for my certifacation test and have the proper knowledge for the Job but what do you guys think? Have any of you worked in a gym uncertafied? Any help is apprciated

jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigBrute123 View Post
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to get your imput on something. I have a friend that works at a local youfit gym. She talked with one of the head trainers their for me about getting a job there. He said I could train people there without a certifacation. I'm going in to talk to him Friday but I'm a little worried that without a certifaction or insurance I would be putting my self in the line of fire for a lawsuit if something went wrong. Im currently studying for my certifacation test and have the proper knowledge for the Job but what do you guys think? Have any of you worked in a gym uncertafied? Any help is apprciated
    have them sign a release form prior to training
    Infinite Labs Rep

BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBrute123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's a very good idea. Thank you

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very risky my friend. If something was to happen you and the business could be in big trouble. How much do you really know about training someone? I lifted weights for years but I learned a lot more when I got my certification. Why not just get your certification and then have no worries. Your boss could have something drawn up saying your a trainer in training or something. He also could have a sign saying lift at your own risk. Like you know , going swimming with no life guard on duty type of thing. I wouldn't want anyone training someone without a degree.

NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NDiNardo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BigBrute123 View Post
    You can get trainer liability insurance without being certified. Most PT contracts have waivers of liability. Get insurance, start training, keep studying.

COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Where I work, a trainer without certification is called a "Tier 1" trainer. The sessions cost less, and the clients are made well aware that they are not yet nationally certified (although most of them, including myself, are currently studying for our *****). Every client has to sign a release form saying the gym isn't responsible for anything, though, certified or not.

Edit: I don't know why this forum won't let me say "c.erts".
    Fighting misinformation 1 post at a time!

URI - Biological Sciences/Psychology Double Major

---Currently studying for ACSM CPT

popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not an expert on this by any stretch of the imagination, by I've heard that waivers merely discourage people from suing you (psychologically, not legally), and if you do things that are negligent, you will be found negligent in court, regardless of the piece of paper. Anyone else have any more info on this?

To be safe, I'd get a certification first. Even if it's not 100% needed, for a bit of extra time and money you can put your mind at ease.

Sidenote: I wouldn't want to meet the clients that pick a trainer knowing they're not even certified yet, but are cheaper.

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    If ones degreed withoutb a cert go for it. Gyms rediculously value ***** over degrees ,which is yet another reason i look at the business as a joke. I wouldnt train without a cert unless you are degreed in the field or can bench over 300 and squat over 400 at least though