GZ22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I Getting Enough Recovery Time? How's this Workout Plan?

Hey guys new to the forum and new to a routine workout program.

I dont have any issues yet, although the first week was pretty rough as i was sore and tired but im over that now. I'm not sure if im giving my body enough rest, i just dont want to overwork my muscles and lose gains. here's my program. i'm 2 weeks in and have already had to increase my weight in every excersise substantially. I'm doing this for both weight loss and performance (and some cosmetic changes wouldnt hurt.haha).

I'm 21 years old, 220lb. i'm naturally built pretty thick/heavy so im not really looking to bulk up as opposed to trim up. I have been cutting calories to roughly 1800 and taking in about 50-60 grams of protein/day (btw a 26gr scoop of protein powder after my workout sure helps my recovery). i have also suffered from shoulder impingement in the past so thats why all the shoulder excersises are in there..

Mon,Wed,Fri:
    -Streches and planks
    -Superset-pushups/rows
    -Superset-single leg squats(sometimes split or lunges)/deadlifts(stiff-legged, sumo deadlifts, or regular)
    -Superset-incline curls/tricep press-downs
    -Superset of various shoulder excersises.
    -Superset-military press/various pulldowns
    -various ab excersises
    -stretches

takes a little under an hour. with plenty of rest between sets.

Tues/Thurs:
    -Stretches
    -10-15 minutes on treadmill. usually a short warm-up then whole workout consists of me doing intervals from 80% heart rate for 15 seconds and 40 seconds of slower jogging. cool down (I run lots of incline too)
    -stretches

I rest on weekends, although im usually doing some sort of activity.
    Thanks to all who help, im sorry for such a long post.

Negativ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Negativ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Negativ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Negativ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Negativ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Negativ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Negativ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Negativ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Negativ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Negativ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Negativ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You have no chest exercises?

Edit: other than pushups...
    Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=671314451

misc str crew.

xbl: TMG Break

Originally Posted by Negativ View Post
    You have no chest exercises?

Edit: other than pushups...
    yes i do 3 supersets and i do them to failure. i often use a barbell to push off of which causes me to use my core more and other shoulder muscles. I also switch it up into incline pushups, wide and close-grip and other variations. sometimes i do a dumbell fly with my should excersises...

BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GZ22 View Post
    yes i do 3 supersets and i do them to failure. i often use a barbell to push off of which causes me to use my core more and other shoulder muscles. I also switch it up into incline pushups, wide and close-grip and other variations. sometimes i do a dumbell fly with my should excersises...
    Push ups will not cut it bro if you are really trying for great chest development.

Originally Posted by BIGSTTNJFF View Post
    Push ups will not cut it bro if you are really trying for great chest development.
    ya i know but i've always had a huge chest, just need to get it trimmed up. i'm trying to get a lean body, not bigger, except maybe my arms. pushups still not enough?

what do you all think about my recovery question?

bango31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bango31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bango31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bango31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bango31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bango31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bango31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bango31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bango31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bango31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bango31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by GZ22 View Post
    ya i know but i've always had a huge chest, just need to get it trimmed up.
    Must. Be. Nice.

ha. k guys but seriously, is this ok or should i be doing splits like i read so much about on this site?? is 3 full body workouts a week too much?