skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Unhappy Calorie problem...

I know i'm probably not the only guy with a calorie problem but here's how my problem goes.

Basically, i'm an extreme runner and a swimmer so my stamina is like a horses stamina (although i'm always looking to increase it).
    Well the thing is, i want to bulk up and iv'e been training for ages but because i use up sooo many calories, the outcome is always ****.
    At the moment i'm on like 6000 calories a day but i use a whole lot of that and don't see any weight gains because of the amount of excercise i do.

I need to pack in tons more calories. What should i do?
    Put more calories in my meal replacement shakes? Well how? Which foods should i blend?
    Which foods have the most calories and are most calorie dense?
    (Healthy calories only)

Also any supplements?

Serious suggestions please.

Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Eat more steak, cheese, and peanut butter. Constantly snack on nuts like almonds or peanuts. Nuts have tons of healthy unsaturated fats, plus some protein and carbs. The calories add up quickly (a cup of peanuts has 800 calories - that's really not that much...).

The bottom line is that you have to eat more calories and work out with heavier weights.

skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jayarbie View Post
    Eat more steak, cheese, and peanut butter. Constantly snack on nuts like almonds or peanuts. Nuts have tons of healthy unsaturated fats, plus some protein and carbs. The calories add up quickly (a cup of peanuts has 800 calories - that's really not that much...).

The bottom line is that you have to eat more calories and work out with heavier weights.
    Yeah i know. And thanks. I do this allot. I blend like a ton of peanuts into my shake as well of 5 table spoons of peanut butter. And i do heaavvy weights. Its just crap. Is there no healthy calorie supplements out there?

heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Unfortunately, you are going to find it difficult to gain size/mass without eating enough. And if you are finding it difficult to eat enough cals, then you are at a crossroads. I'm not aware of any caloricly dense supplements other than MRPs. You can either keep eating a lot more, shakes are great for this or run/swim/bike (or whatever it is you do) less.

Smile

Originally Posted by heycisco01 View Post
    Unfortunately, you are going to find it difficult to gain size/mass without eating enough. And if you are finding it difficult to eat enough cals, then you are at a crossroads. I'm not aware of any caloricly dense supplements other than MRPs. You can either keep eating a lot more, shakes are great for this or run/swim/bike (or whatever it is you do) less.
    Yeah, i do eat like mad but the problem is i can't compromise training less.

Does anyone know of a list of the most calorie dense foods?

(Healthy calories only plz...)

always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just searched bb.com store for "gainer"

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/mj.html

990cal in a 4 scoops..

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/gainer.html

ON gainer, more protein if ya want it.

Originally Posted by always_sunny View Post
    just searched bb.com store for "gainer"

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/mj.html

990cal in a 4 scoops..

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/gainer.html

ON gainer, more protein if ya want it.
    Cheers sunny, are these the healthy sort of calories or just lumps of sugar?

jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Although I believe most of the Calories in a diet should come from whole foods, I understand that after a certain amount of calories, just stuffing food becomes tough, This is where supplements help. It is easier and less satiating to down 1000 cals in a liquid shake than eating a Steak. Yes the Steak is tastier but 6000 calories is a ton of whole food unless you plan to eat a full slab of Outback Baby Back Ribs everyday(they clock at around 3K calories)

Jorge
    Why do I want to lose weight? Simple, so my body can match my ego.

"He who learns only as a means to an end is destined to never reach his full potential" - JRA

Originally Posted by jorgerod View Post
    Although I believe most of the Calories in a diet should come from whole foods, I understand that after a certain amount of calories, just stuffing food becomes tough, This is where supplements help. It is easier and less satiating to down 1000 cals in a liquid shake than eating a Steak. Yes the Steak is tastier but 6000 calories is a ton of whole food unless you plan to eat a full slab of Outback Baby Back Ribs everyday(they clock at around 3K calories)

Jorge
    lol. i wouldn;t mind eating a full slab... but as you said, it gets harrrd...

always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) always_sunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skinpoppin View Post
    Cheers sunny, are these the healthy sort of calories or just lumps of sugar?
    They appear pretty good to me. Nice mix of p/c/f and almost all gainers ive seen including those two use medium chain triglicerides for their fat content which have health benefits even though they are saturated.

Originally Posted by always_sunny View Post
    They appear pretty good to me. Nice mix of p/c/f and almost all gainers ive seen including those two use medium chain triglicerides for their fat content which have health benefits even though they are saturated.
    Phew, thats good to know. I can't believe i don't know this sh!t. I started lifting 2 years before prison and while i was locked up. Now its been 5 years and i thought, why not bulk up? But i don't want to lose the 'cut up' look or my health and stamina, thats why i don't want nothing too fatty.