PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How do you refeed?

By refeed, I mean still eating clean food, NOT CHEATING! I never used to do a refeed during the week, and generally eat the same thing at the same time every day. It's easier for me to cut this way, very strict. However I am going to add a refeed into my weekly routine, where once a week I will not count macros for any of the food I am eating, and just eat all clean food without being worried about macro's/calories. Anyone else refeed this way, or do you have a set amount of calories/macro's you have on the day of your refeed?
    A year from now, you’ll wish you started today.

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PoGo86 View Post
    once a week I will not count macros for any of the food I am eating, and just eat all clean food without being worried about macro's/calories. Anyone else refeed this way, or do you have a set amount of calories/macro's you have on the day of your refeed?
    Bad idea. You could quite easily over-shoot your numbers and then just cancel out any weight loss you've done.

My refeed days are like this:

Increase calories to maintenance.
    Increase carbs by 50-100%.
    Lower protein to 1g/lb of body weight.
    Keep fat as low as possible.

Thats a general guide. I don't care what foods I take in, so long as they hit my targets. However I do try to consume as little fruit as possible, as I believe fructose has little to no effect on leptin levels, which is what we are trying to boost during a refeed.

Hope this helps

PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post
    Bad idea. You could quite easily over-shoot your numbers and then just cancel out any weight loss you've done.

Thats a general guide. I don't care what foods I take in, so long as they hit my targets. However I do try to consume as little fruit as possible, as I believe fructose has little to no effect on leptin levels, which is what we are trying to boost during a refeed.

Hope this helps
    Thanks brah. Will take suggestions into consideration. Will rep. Any one else?
    A year from now, you’ll wish you started today.

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks brah. Will take suggestions into consideration. Will rep. Any one else?
    No worries man. Depending on your bodyfat % you could do them twice a week, once a week, once every 2 weeks etc. Obviously the leaner you are, the more you need to incorporate them (keep in mind I do mean super lean though, like I wouldnt go twice a week unless you are ~6-8%).

I don't see any need to have a refeed if you are over 15% though, unless you have been dieting hard for 20+ weeks.

03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just eat until I'm full once every few weeks, most of the time I go to an Indian food restraunt around the corner. Still take home 2/3 of the meal since I can't seem to eat anywhere near what most people can even when I stuff myself. . .

cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well if you do that, what you will do is not a controlled re-feed, what you will by not counting food-portions, calories and food amount is a binge-eating. In an all you can binge-eating meal you can easily take about 5000 to 10,000 calories, and that can really kill months and months of hard work at the gym, at the kitchen and months of hunger and starvation.

It is better to eat a controlled-meal of about 1000 calories over your low calorie dinner of a saturday night. So if your diet dinner for most saturdays is about 600 calories, you can eat 1600 on your saturday night controlled re-feed cheat-meal day and you won't gain not even 1 lb. because in order to gain 1 extra you gotta eat an extra 3000 calories. But if you eat without counting calories you might gain like 5 lbs. in one night (Bad idea)

So if i was you i would just eat an extra 1000 calories, not any more than that

I am going to add a refeed into my weekly routine, where once a week I will not count macros for any of the food I am eating, and just eat all clean food without being worried about macro's/calories. Anyone else refeed this way, or do you have a set amount of calories/macro's you have on the day of your refeed?
    http://how-to-be-a-nietzsche-superman.blogspot.com/

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    By refeed, I mean still eating clean food, NOT CHEATING! I never used to do a refeed during the week, and generally eat the same thing at the same time every day. It's easier for me to cut this way, very strict. However I am going to add a refeed into my weekly routine, where once a week I will not count macros for any of the food I am eating, and just eat all clean food without being worried about macro's/calories. Anyone else refeed this way, or do you have a set amount of calories/macro's you have on the day of your refeed?
    Refeed:

Regular protein intake at your normal regular meals.
    Fat as low as possible
    Starchy carb sources. fiber and fructose as low as possible - basically eat stuff like breads, bagels, pretzels and cereals - skip the veggies because the fiber messes with digestion rates. You want the carbs to digest as quickly as possible.
    Carb intake at 2-3 grams per pound of bodyweight.
    Total calorie intake at or slightly above maintenance, which is why fat is kept lower, so you don't risk gaining too much. Add more carbs to get your total calories where they need to be.
    Watch the salt intake or you'll puff up and bloat like crazy, or don't watch it if you don't care about bloating up.

In order to impact Leptin the overfeeding duration needs to be at least 5 hours, longer if possible.

rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by cyclistgod View Post
    Well if you do that, what you will do is not a controlled re-feed, what you will by not counting food-portions, calories and food amount is a binge-eating. In an all you can binge-eating meal you can easily take about 5000 to 10,000 calories, and that can really kill months and months of hard work at the gym, at the kitchen and months of hunger and starvation.

It is better to eat a controlled-meal of about 1000 calories over your low calorie dinner of a saturday night. So if your diet dinner for most saturdays is about 600 calories, you can eat 1600 on your saturday night controlled re-feed cheat-meal day and you won't gain not even 1 lb. because in order to gain 1 extra you gotta eat an extra 3000 calories. But if you eat without counting calories you might gain like 5 lbs. in one night (Bad idea)

So if i was you i would just eat an extra 1000 calories, not any more than that

5000 to 10,000 calories will NOT destroy months of work at the gym.

3500 calories is 1lb of fat... so 10,000 is only just under 3lbs that's not including the 2500 (if male) your body uses daily, so if you ate 10,000 it would be around 1lb of fat you would put on, maybe a bit more and if it takes you a month to lose 1lb then there is something seriously wrong, obese people eat anywhere around 7000 cals a day depending on the person, I don't think a person who is actively trying to get healthy by going to the gym and dieting is going to be physically able to stuff him or herself full of that amount of food to add up top 10,000 calories.

And what are you talking about? "months of hunger and starvation" if you go months of starving yourself and being hungry then there is something wrong with you, even on a low calorie diet after a week the hunger goes away :S

rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500) rawrnom is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post

Hope this helps
    This is weird because every time I eat fruit I lose more weight then if I didn't eat it... by an extra 1/2lb or so... guess its just different in different people.

rampage87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rampage87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rampage87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rampage87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rampage87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rampage87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rampage87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rampage87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rampage87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rampage87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rampage87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So if you been under you maintenance for the whole week and dieting on 1500 calories and gym and cardio then u have a refeed of 2000-3500 calories u can't gain a lbs of fat can you?
    July 28th need to be ripped for Ibiza!

Originally Posted by rampage87 View Post
    So if you been under you maintenance for the whole week and dieting on 1500 calories and gym and cardio then u have a refeed of 2000-3500 calories u can't gain a lbs of fat can you?
    doubt it, if you add up your maintenance for example say its 2500 per day, and you calculate a week which is 2500 x 7 = 17,500 so now we know 17,500 is your weekly amount of calories to stay maintained... now say you have been eating 1500 x 7 = 10,500 so you have like 7000 calories between weekly maintenance and weekly deficit. but anyway you maintenance stays the same unless your drop mass, or gain muscle mass, so if your maintenance is 2500.... that's 2500 cals to maintain your body weight...(not sure about this next part, it makes sense to me, but i am probably wrong) but you then have to eat 3500 ON TOP of 2500 to gain 1lb of fat. I don't understand if your body uses the 2500, that means adding the 1500 would make you gain a lb of fat, that doesn't make sense to me, since your body has already used the 2500 to maintain itself... so how can 1500 cals make up 1lb of fat?

im just confusing myself to be honest... cause like if you eat 3500 calories, and burn 2500 keeping your body at maintenance, then isn't that 1500cals extra, so wouldn't you need to eat 3500 and burn 2500 for like 2 days before you gain 1lb :S CONFUSED.

BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I always thought it ok to eat superlow all weeks say 750/1000 below and once a week have a refeed ?

Is this ok or total bull

AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol @ people saying you're going to gain back all of your fat from ONE DAY OF EATING. Yeah right.

When I refeed, I don't count everything out, but I do make sure I'm still eating good food and don't go over my daily fat intake for a cut.

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BigBoyAdd View Post
    I always thought it ok to eat superlow all weeks say 750/1000 below and once a week have a refeed ?

Is this ok or total bull
    yeah, a tighter deficit 5-6 days per week plus 1-2 days a little more relaxed is a good approach, provided the 1-2 days don't negate the stricter days. 6 days @ 1000 deficit is 6000 total, and it's not particularly tough to out-eat that deficit while refeeding once you get used to eating big.