ROXDEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tummy tuck & Figure Competition

Hi All,

I hope you can help me. I had a mini tummy tuck about a year ago to remove some excess skin. In January I have really stepped up my workout and have decided to do a figure competition the end of this year. My bf# has dropped from 27% to 14% (to date).

When I visited my doctor I had concerns about my scars, he mentioned "had he known I was going to go on this fitness journey he would NOT have done the mini TT on me but did reccomend Dermablend prior to tanning.

Here's some question:

Anyone out there had a tt and does competitions?? (you can email me privately because I would appreciate some open dialogue)

Do scars show on stage after you have applied the pro-tan????

Will I be marked down if a judge knew I had a TT?

Would I be made fun of by other competitors??

I have done the hard work to get my BF down and am committed to making this journey but do not want to make a fool out of myself either. Im a little apprehensive asking these questiions on this forum so if you are responding in a negative way please be easy on me.

Thanks for your help!

StephAlthea is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephAlthea is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephAlthea is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephAlthea is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephAlthea is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephAlthea is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephAlthea is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephAlthea is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephAlthea is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephAlthea is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephAlthea is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What division are you competing in? (I.e IFBB, provincial, FAME...) In my personal experience, the majority of competitors have skin imperfections- whether it be tattoos, scars, or (most commonly) stretch marks. Firstly, a dark tan is very forgiving ;-) Secondly, points are not taken off for stretch marks, so I doubt you would be penalized for your TT scar- and if it was a mini-TT then it probably looks like a C-section scar.

What the judges are looking for is musculature and symmetry/proportion- the overall package (hairstyle, posing, etc.) is important, but the largest portion of your points come from the former.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/trans66.htm

Swiss64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swiss64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swiss64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ROXDEE View Post
    Hi All,

Anyone out there had a tt and does competitions?? (you can email me privately because I would appreciate some open dialogue)

Do scars show on stage after you have applied the pro-tan????

Will I be marked down if a judge knew I had a TT?

Would I be made fun of by other competitors??

Thanks for your help!

I had a mini-TT about 4 or 5 years ago. Just skin removed. Never even thought of competitions at the time. Did my first Figure Comp last November. Scars are not even close to being an issue. Mine are so very light and so low it's just not an issue. I can manipulate the suit bottom to cover them, but even if I couldn't, it still would not be an issue. Honestly, I don't think anyone but me would know they were there.

No, you would not be marked down by judges. Would they mark down a woman for a C-section scar or any other scar? Just about every competitor will have some type of skin imperfection, be it a scar, tatoo, etc.

First, I can't imagine any other competitor making fun of you. Just about any one who has given birth will understand the skin issues. And really, what would that say about a person who did make fun of someone for any scar???

I am competing in NPC division. Your response was so appreciated THANK YOU!
    Originally Posted by StephAlthea View Post
    What division are you competing in? (I.e IFBB, provincial, FAME...) In my personal experience, the majority of competitors have skin imperfections- whether it be tattoos, scars, or (most commonly) stretch marks. Firstly, a dark tan is very forgiving ;-) Secondly, points are not taken off for stretch marks, so I doubt you would be penalized for your TT scar- and if it was a mini-TT then it probably looks like a C-section scar.

What the judges are looking for is musculature and symmetry/proportion- the overall package (hairstyle, posing, etc.) is important, but the largest portion of your points come from the former.

The same for me! Never crossed my mind to compete...met this incredible gal who has empowered me, she has lost over 100# and will compete next year! I am so enjoying this journey. Thank you for your response! BTW: might you have some advice regarding pre-competition dieting ect....? I think when you "put yourself out there" it requires you to look at your own fears....always considered myself a pretty confident person until I saw those competition suits..YIKES!
    Originally Posted by Swiss64 View Post
    I had a mini-TT about 4 or 5 years ago. Just skin removed. Never even thought of competitions at the time. Did my first Figure Comp last November. Scars are not even close to being an issue. Mine are so very light and so low it's just not an issue. I can manipulate the suit bottom to cover them, but even if I couldn't, it still would not be an issue. Honestly, I don't think anyone but me would know they were there.

No, you would not be marked down by judges. Would they mark down a woman for a C-section scar or any other scar? Just about every competitor will have some type of skin imperfection, be it a scar, tatoo, etc.

First, I can't imagine any other competitor making fun of you. Just about any one who has given birth will understand the skin issues. And really, what would that say about a person who did make fun of someone for any scar???

Sidney0001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Usually tummy tucks take a nice amount of healing time and utterly a time frame that does not allow the patient to lift or carry. The first few days after surgery are the roughest and later patient can slowly feel comfort.

goly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Swiss64 View Post

I think ROXDEE is saying right. I have gone through his reply and found it should be useful for you. You may follow ROXDEE’s reply and let me know if you still have any doubt.

Good luck!

-----------------------

LizzyN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi there,
    I competed pre tummy tuck but have contemplated it post tuck - no reason why you can't and you should find your bikini covers much of the scar - mine is very low and barely noticeable.
    Failure cannot handle persistence

Blog: www.lastchancetraining.com.au

KirkBenoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KirkBenoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KirkBenoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KirkBenoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KirkBenoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KirkBenoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KirkBenoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KirkBenoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KirkBenoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KirkBenoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KirkBenoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I get a tummy tuck and breast augmentation in a few months. I am hoping and praying that my doctor is able to help me get back to where I used to be. I have had several children, which caused my belly and breasts to take a beating. tummytuckguide.com

marissasinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a full TT in 2003 when I was 19. I am 27 now and will be competing in my first show in the Spring. Was supposed to do one in the fall but had to post-pone. You can get the suit bottoms to cover the scar, talk with your suit designer about it too... I went to meet with mine so she could measure me and see the scar, she said it wouldn't be a problem, plus the pro-tan would hide anything that was showing. It was a relief. I have my suit already and it hides 99 percent of it. No worries