TheLeprechaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tired of being the little guy

Hey everybody, I'm posting this topic because I'm looking for as much advice/Workout suggestions I can get.

And the title is my mindset right now, I'm a aspiring MMA fighter and I have been training for two years, With two years of Boxing before that. Only problem with me is, Must people in the gym are at least thirty pounds heavier than myself, And a lot stronger. I'm only about 150 pounds, If that. I'm not skinny though, I have a little bit of fat and some muscle, My main problem is, No matter how hard I try, I either get dominated on the mat due to the other person being much stronger and bigger than myself, Or they take it easy on me.

I'm only about 5'5 as well.

Now, Onto my goals, I'm looking to gain at least thirty pounds of muscle by this time next year, And I want to look big as well, Probably a small man complex thing. I have some Creatine pills I'm going to start taking, As well as Whey Protein.
    If you want to know anything else just ask,

Thanks in advance for the suggestions/advice/etc.

snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    just eat a lot and lift and you will get bigger

Registered User footballstud900's Avatar
    footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballstud900 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    honestly man people think bodybuilding is as simple as lift eat and you will get bigger but its not. there are so many diffrent factors that go into muscle growth it is unreal. i have been training for five years and reading and studying about the body, muscle and how it works and still feel liek i know nothing. your best bet is to try and read a few articles about diet trainig and nutrition each day, really educate yourself and use that to meet or exceed your goals. good luck man!

bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by footballstud900 View Post
    honestly man people think bodybuilding is as simple as lift eat and you will get bigger but its not. there are so many diffrent factors that go into muscle growth it is unreal. i have been training for five years and reading and studying about the body, muscle and how it works and still feel liek i know nothing. your best bet is to try and read a few articles about diet trainig and nutrition each day, really educate yourself and use that to meet or exceed your goals. good luck man!
    Yeah but.. train, eat, sleep, and you will grow. There are many different factors for getting the absolute optimum result, but thats simple enough.

demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    perhaps you should aspire to be something else

you are too short to have a shot at being competitive

boxer4life4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxer4life4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxer4life4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxer4life4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxer4life4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxer4life4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxer4life4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxer4life4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxer4life4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxer4life4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxer4life4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by demoniclizard View Post
    perhaps you should aspire to be something else

you are too short to have a shot at being competitive
    tell that to matt serra or urijah faber or manny gamburyan

demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by boxer4life4 View Post
    tell that to matt serra or urijah faber or manny gamburyan
    So you would pin the hope of a shot at being pro based on a number of guys that you can count on one hand that made it?

Not only is it ridiculously hard to get into, you think its a good idea to compound your odds further by having to be "that" much better because of a physical handicap?

Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by demoniclizard View Post
    So you would pin the hope of a shot at being pro based on a number of guys that you can count on one hand that made it?

Not only is it ridiculously hard to get into, you think its a good idea to compound your odds further by having to be "that" much better because of a physical handicap?
    i dont really know anything about mma.. or ufc... but i think theres different weight class's? you can be 5'5 and be fighting in like the 155-165 weight class.. no problem i would think 165 of lean muscle and like 8% bf is huge on some one thats 5'5 and if you have the fighting skills and dedication you have just as good of a chance especially if ur sitting 165 muscle on a guy thats 5'5 tall

COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    MMA has to have weight classes, otherwise the tall guys would just sh.it on most everyone else.

Are you fighting guys taller than you? Or are they the same height and 30 pounds bigger?

I admit that I don't know anything about MMA, but strength and size is probably only one part of the equation. If you're undersized, work on power and explosiveness, and conditioning. They can't hit you if they can't catch you, and if the fight is 3 rounds and they're exhausted by the second you'll be at a huge advantage.

Just my $0.02.
    Fighting misinformation 1 post at a time!

URI - Biological Sciences/Psychology Double Major

---Currently studying for ACSM CPT

Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000)
    op why would you do that? lightweight division in ufc is 155. say you gain 10-15 lbs through training and you sweat 10 lbs in the sauna before every fight and you will be just as big if not bigger than the other guy